Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 929509 times)

Offline KArantukki

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Chaotic Evil
    • View Profile
  • Nick: KArantukki
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #4770 on: May 10, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »
I suggest you ask on Steam. Let's not create arguments here.

Why? Because people would see this is unfair?

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4771 on: May 10, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »
Fair play. I'll give the reason.

They fired in charge, but that was so minuscule that it did not affect the score. They then deliberately created spacing in the last round, when we addressed our gaps, they did the opposite and made them larger.
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: May 10, 2014, 06:45:30 pm »
One of the main problems about the punishments is the growing anger of regiments towards the admins.
Brot and me try to do our best, but it's really hard, if we feel like being marked after changing scores or punishing a regiment for rulebreakes.
We're never acting on a personal level, we're acting as neutral as we can with videos and screens as proofs.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #4773 on: May 10, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »
Fair play. I'll give the reason.

They fired in charge, but that was so minuscule that it did not affect the score. They then deliberately created spacing in the last round, when we addressed our gaps, they did the opposite and made them larger.

One of the main problems about the punishments is the growing anger of regiments towards the admins.
Brot and me try to do our best, but it's really hard, if we feel like being marked after changing scores or punishing a regiment for rulebreakes.
We're never acting on a personal level, we're acting as neutral as we can with videos and screens as proofs.

See minute 38 onwards. Both teams made gaps, but when 63e dressed left the last time, they made on purpose a large gap. Proof that both teams broke the rules. So it would be fair if all teams get punished. 3 points for a team, what broke the rules on purpose too is just... unfair?

As the referees said after the last round, it was a draw and mentioned that both teams broke the rules. So be fair.

EDIT: My intention is not to punch 63e in the face or to defend Nr. 7 actions. And neither I have any anger towards the referees/admins.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:58:24 pm by Friedrich »

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #4774 on: May 10, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »
From 37 onwards you can see we kept addressing the gaps, while nr7 did not, and when they did, they purposefully still had half man spacing made, and its hard to see from our perspective at 38 but they did not address fully even when shooting us, while we addressed and essentially got killed for it.  Regardless Friedrich, this was already in depthly discussed by the league administration afterwards, oh and there were NO referees at the match, and as rules state if we have solid evidence via video/screenshots (which we had) we can justify our case and they review it.  So thats end of. 

Spoiler

[close]

IF YOU WANT MORE EVIDENCE Friedrich we also have screenshots to accompany the video from the other angle.
"What happened here?

The reloading time is about 12 secs. We can read the time: about 14 secs were spent between the screenshots. This means both lines had fired at least once in the time interval. Another clue for the timing is the fact that our mighty Overlord killed two people as you can see on the screenshots (bien joué gros).

The third player (on both screenshots) clearly did not address, neither did the fifth or the sixth (fourth and fifth on the second screenshot). Finally you can notice how the last but one player is not as far from his left neighbor as to have had a dead between them but his spacing is still not regular. "

Again decision has already been made and I thank Bever for listening

Tournesol

« Reply #4775 on: May 10, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »
I suggest you ask on Steam. Let's not create arguments here.

Too late

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: May 10, 2014, 07:06:55 pm »
Indeed. :p
Current:

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: May 10, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »
From 37 onwards you can see we kept addressing the gaps, while nr7 did not, and when they did, they purposefully still had half man spacing made, and its hard to see from our perspective at 38 but they did not address fully even when shooting us, while we addressed and essentially got killed for it.  Regardless Friedrich, this was already in depthly discussed by the league administration afterwards, oh and there were NO referees at the match, and as rules state if we have solid evidence via video/screenshots (which we had) we can justify our case and they review it.  So thats end of. 

Spoiler

[close]

IF YOU WANT MORE EVIDENCE Friedrich we also have screenshots to accompany the video from the other angle.
"What happened here?

The reloading time is about 12 secs. We can read the time: about 14 secs were spent between the screenshots. This means both lines had fired at least once in the time interval. Another clue for the timing is the fact that our mighty Overlord killed two people as you can see on the screenshots (bien joué gros).

The third player (on both screenshots) clearly did not address, neither did the fifth or the sixth (fourth and fifth on the second screenshot). Finally you can notice how the last but one player is not as far from his left neighbor as to have had a dead between them but his spacing is still not regular. "

Again decision has already been made and I thank Bever for listening
What I see that you only adressed the line after you hold the column. After Nr. 7 shoot gaps into your line, you didn't adress any more. Sorry, it is clearly visible in the clip. Evidence enough that BOTH teams broke the rules.
Karth, I never said Nr.7 was not breaking the rules, I was only stating out that BOTH teams broke them. And breaking the rules to counter enemy rule breaking is no trivial offense. So both teams need to be punished.

As we are in no official teurney of (e-)sports, we are in the comfortable position to rethink of decisions allready made. Essential, because a whole team is getting punished for actions made only by single players, not like in real team sports.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: May 10, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »
At 37:25 we clearly address gaps (attempt to even with guys dying) and as the camera moves towards the enemy line, in the background the last guy on the end also addressed.  even at 37:37 you can clearly see we are still addressing the line, EVEN though nr.7 is not, and creating half man spacing.  at 37:52 we STILL address, they gain advantage with half man spacing, killing my guys because of it, and honestly at this point, when you outgun them 9-5, and are addressed and then lose too many because your enemy does not address completely while you have and lost so many already, you know that isnt right.  The only time we did not address was at the end, because in teamspeak we kept arguing about them NOT fulfilling to address fully, even per our requests in admin chat, etc.. so just decide to charge.  You tell me who broke more rules there, look closely.  Again this was in-depthly reviewed and a decision is final, its futile for you to try to argue it, I agree at the very end we did not address, but when your enemy kills all your guys who did address, and they only got those kills by not addressing themselves, then that is not right.

Offline ztree

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 78th_Pte_Finlay_MacNab
« Reply #4779 on: May 10, 2014, 07:35:32 pm »
Hm, but wasn't it so that a team gets  just penalty points for minor rulebreaks (that can add up) and not the whole match deducted? In the video both team break the rules, maybe the nr7 a little bit more than the 63e (but even that is not too sure...) but to give the whole match to 63e is a bit much no?

Also, guys please make more use of the referees now that we have them!

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: May 10, 2014, 07:36:32 pm »
The Dilemma of being me or Bever:

Guy comes up with a complaint like rule violation.
Following possibilities:

1. You decide complaint is justified - target of complaint and fellow minded people may hate you for it
2. You decide complaint is not justified - complainant and fellow minded people may hate you for it

Forum arguments are guaranteed in any case

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: May 10, 2014, 07:36:58 pm »
What do you mean, give us the whole match? It was 5-4 to us, and we would have won if they had abided by the rules. I think it was the right thing to do.
Current:

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: May 10, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »
At 37:25 we clearly address gaps (attempt to even with guys dying) and as the camera moves towards the enemy line, in the background the last guy on the end also addressed.  even at 37:37 you can clearly see we are still addressing the line, EVEN though nr.7 is not, and creating half man spacing.  at 37:52 we STILL address, they gain advantage with half man spacing, killing my guys because of it, and honestly at this point, when you outgun them 9-5, and are addressed and then lose too many because your enemy does not address completely while you have and lost so many already, you know that isnt right.  The only time we did not address was at the end, because in teamspeak we kept arguing about them NOT fulfilling to address fully, even per our requests in admin chat, etc.. so just decide to charge.  You tell me who broke more rules there, look closely.  Again this was in-depthly reviewed and a decision is final, its futile for you to try to argue it, I agree at the very end we did not address, but when your enemy kills all your guys who did address, and they only got those kills by not addressing themselves, then that is not right.
Between 37:25 and 37:28 I see clearly 2 big gaps in your line. And a ranker before just left the middle of your line end went to your right flank (37:10). At 37:52 until 38:11, were you moved your line a bit, you adressed neither.

You didn't carefully read what I posted. I never said "xxx broke the rules more...". You both broke the rules, so you both must be punished. Not only one team.

1. You decide complaint is justified - target of complaint and fellow minded people may hate you for it
2. You decide complaint is not justified - complainant and fellow minded people may hate you for it
I'm not fellow minded nor I hate you for this decision. I say it is just not fair as it is now.
My intention is not to punch 63e in the face or to defend Nr. 7 actions. And neither I have any anger towards the referees/admins.

Offline Karth

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: May 10, 2014, 08:20:22 pm »
Unfortunately you are greatly wrong.  The guy literally just got shot, a millisecond later we have a guy who addressed.  Read the rules first it says 10-15 seconds to address for the next volley (next shot).  Stop creating unnecessary arguments and talk to Bever on steam if you have more concerns.  We were up 5-4, they purposefully created gaps while we did not, and we addressed even towards the end. /endof wanna talk more pm me or bever about it. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:05:30 pm by Karth »

Offline Nico

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jones
« Reply #4784 on: May 10, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »
Nice linebattle against the 95th, a good victory to the 45th. (6-4)