Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 929559 times)

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #3555 on: March 21, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »
I've updated the list of regiments in the first post. 14e and 84e are promoted to League 1, congrats! :)
92nd and 5pp are promoted to League 2, congrats! :)
Also 23e, 25th, 18e and 4pp will play in League 2 next season to fill up the 4 empty slots.
63e and 3teFK will play for staying in their league soon. If nobody else leaves we have 10 new slots for the upcoming season. But first we'll have the Champions League. More informations will be posted soon!
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #3556 on: March 21, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »
Sounds good but considering the 3teFK level and their attendance (no offense intended), wouldn't it be better to move 92nd to League 1 and 3teFK to league 2? I think it will make both leagues much more interesting. Perhaps also see if you can move 5pp to league 1.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: March 21, 2014, 02:31:05 pm »
Rising up 2 Leagues isn't possible, even if 92nd belongs to League 1 bases on their skill.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #3558 on: March 21, 2014, 02:33:05 pm »
Sounds good but considering the 3teFK level and their attendance (no offense intended), wouldn't it be better to move 92nd to League 1 and 3teFK to league 2? I think it will make both leagues much more interesting. Perhaps also see if you can move 5pp to league 1.

Well the original Leagues should have been done on attendance not whoever signed up first, as size is generally indicative of a regiment's longevity and skill level, and that way the larger regiments would not have to sit half their line in spec while playing tiny regiments in League 1, but it's a bit late now.

Unless some weird play-off system is arranged to allow a 3rd league team of getting directly into the 1st league (e.g. 3rd place League 2 vs 1st place League 3, winner gets to go 1st League), any good teams who were in League 3 are just going to have to wait a couple seasons.

As for the Champions League format, round robin would be best determiner of the 'best regiment', however I would not mind a group-stage followed by knockouts like the UEFA CL do it, it would make this winner's tournament different from the league and perhaps more interesting. You could have two groups of 3 regiments, top 2 from each group go through to semi-finals and then a final.

To make the groups fair based on their league positions they'd be like this:

Group 1:
League 1 1st place regiment
League 2 2nd place regiment
League 3 1st place regiment

Group 2:
League 1 2nd place regiment
League 2 1st place regiment
League 3 2nd place regiment
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:45:30 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: March 21, 2014, 02:36:10 pm »
I know it isn't usual to rise up 2 leagues, but seeing the stats of 3teFK last season (wow this sounds like a long time ago even though it was this week lol) don't you think, with 84e and 14e moving to League 1 that the Linebattles will be no fun for you? I mean, losing everytime isn't fun. Obviously you can say ''It is not about winning'' but of course you want to win every now and then. Also, you guys have a rather low attendance compared to most other regiments in League 1, which would mean that a lot of people have to sit in spectator. 92nd on the other hand is better skillwise and bring more people. Basically, League 2 is made for 3teFK and League 1 made for 92nd. I know it is unusual but shouldn't we break the usual to make the league overall more interesting?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:38:03 pm by MrSt3fan »

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
1st NWL Championship Round 1
Starting on Friday, 28th March

Nr. 24 vs 5pp
17e vs 92nd
14e vs 84e

5pp vs 17e
14e vs Nr.24
84e vs 92nd

14e vs 5pp
84e vs 17e
92nd vs Nr. 24

5pp vs 84e
92nd vs 14e
Nr. 24 vs 17e

92nd vs 5pp
Nr. 24 vs 84e
17e vs 14e

The matches can be played at any time: This Championship tournament is running kind of parallel to the rest. Just talk to your opponent and fix a date for a match, choose a NWL server (you are allowed to tell the other regiment the admin pass of course).

Rules are the same as in NWL so far, with some small additions:
Mappicking: Both parties have to agree on a map - after 5 rounds spawns have to be swapped.
Referees: Yes, you heard right! Referees! We will pick six referees. Anyone can apply for a ref position, just write it to bever or me. Refs will be declared at Thursday 27th. Regiments can ask refs to referee their match then. However, you are not forced to play with a ref.
If you choose to play with a referee, he has last word. His decisions are final (unless he is trolling obviously). Bever and me will most likely not change refs decisions.
If you choose to play without a referee, things go like they went all the time. Record, if rules have been broken upload and we will decide.

Preview on some new rules next season:
New mappicking system
(Referees)
New handling of rule violations

And finally: Referee application form
You can send it per PM to me or bever.

Code
Name:
Steamname:
Regiment:
Why I am the right one:

Send application until Thursday 27th please.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: March 21, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »
We'll move to 2nd League I guess. So where's the problem? And I don't think we're the only regiment which is made for League 2.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: March 21, 2014, 02:49:03 pm »
Oh and I forgot to add: Championship tournament is voluntary. So if anyone does not want to partake, just PM me or Bever or post it or whatever. ;)

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3563 on: March 21, 2014, 02:52:48 pm »
Should be interesting to see some of those matches streamed.

Offline huanmpth

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Lt_huanmpth
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3564 on: March 21, 2014, 02:54:30 pm »
When will you open sign up for next season?

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: March 21, 2014, 02:55:28 pm »
When will you open sign up for next season?

Not sure yet. But we'll let you know early enough.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:47 pm »
We'll move to 2nd League I guess. So where's the problem? And I don't think we're the only regiment which is made for League 2.

What do you mean, where's the problem? I was just suggesting moving you guys to league 2 and moving 92nd to league one to make both leagues more interesting, and to make it more enjoyable for you. Obviously if you do not agree then you shouldn't do it, just a suggestion :)

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: March 21, 2014, 03:16:02 pm »
Like I said: Rising up two leagues is unfair to other regiments in my opinion, so 92nd has to play in League 2 first. (:

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: March 21, 2014, 03:17:27 pm »
92nd vs nr.24 would be interesting. Defiantly need stream or recordings.

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3569 on: March 21, 2014, 03:20:55 pm »
This is a league !