Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 929613 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #3225 on: March 01, 2014, 03:27:53 pm »
i think that would be a good idea, a good way to distinguish the leagues out
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3226 on: March 01, 2014, 03:54:22 pm »
75e starting to pull back  :D

We have the support of the best cav NA, that's not something you can't deal with  ::)
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Kalitorian

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kalitorian
« Reply #3227 on: March 01, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »
Spoiler
63e 10: 0 III KBR

Good match, shame you could only bring such low numbers. :c

Maybe we should start talking about raising the minumum of 15ppl

If you want fun for the whole family, you're free to use the other 6 days of the week to challenge another big regiment. Theres no real need to raise the minimum numbers in NWL.
[close]

There's is a need. Dont want to sound like a meanie but 15ppl is a Nations Cup team, not a reg. But if you wont consider it I just hope that cutiepie Svensson finds us a decent size reg to 1v1 every once in a while.

20ppl in specs no fun :'(

What about 15ppl for third league, 20 for 2nd and 25 for 1st. Many ways to do it.
So you rather want to have a 10:0 victory in a 30vs30 than a 7:3 in a 20vs20...
If you start to place regiments into a certain league because of their size you take away the competitive part of this league... the best should face the best and not the largest...

ಠ_ಠ "Ich bin bereit jederzeit und allerorts meine Pflicht zu erfüllen, nur nicht heute, nur nicht hier."

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3228 on: March 01, 2014, 04:34:51 pm »

If you want fun for the whole family, you're free to use the other 6 days of the week to challenge another big regiment. Theres no real need to raise the minimum numbers in NWL.

There's is a need. Dont want to sound like a meanie but 15ppl is a Nations Cup team, not a reg. But if you wont consider it I just hope that cutiepie Svensson finds us a decent size reg to 1v1 every once in a while.

What about 15ppl for third league, 20 for 2nd and 25 for 1st. Many ways to do it.

It really does seem like you're just trying to shove your attendance in everyone's face. A good regiment doesn't also have to be a big one. In the same way a big regiment isn't always going to be a good one.

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: March 01, 2014, 04:54:09 pm »
It's in his Nr24 nature. ;)

I'M JOKING
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: March 01, 2014, 05:24:41 pm »
I have to agree with Kali and USE, small and medium regiment deserve same chance to get in the 1st and 2nd league than big structure, it's maybe not really funny for thus who can bring 50 men and only have to play with 15, but in this case, you can do as the 92nd did in their match against the 23e, bringing 25 members , while then 50 others were playing in another event. And the big structure will always have better chance to win, because contrary to the 15+ men regiment (Even if they're decent teamplayers, and good invididuals) they could pick their best players.

So I completly got your point, but still, despite the fact it is not fun, I find it fair.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: March 01, 2014, 05:33:04 pm »

It really does seem like you're just trying to shove your attendance in everyone's face. A good regiment doesn't also have to be a big one. In the same way a big regiment isn't always going to be a good one.

Thats not my intention. I just want to actually play our NWL matches, not spend them sitting in specs along with 15 others guys from my reg.

Spoiler

[close]

So you rather want to have a 10:0 victory in a 30vs30 than a 7:3 in a 20vs20...
If you start to place regiments into a certain league because of their size you take away the competitive part of this league... the best should face the best and not the largest...

Part of being a good successful regiment lies with the recruitment. You need to be equally good at the game as recruiting new ppl. Its still possible to advance to the next league as you get those 5 guys. I mean, you're spending time playing the game anyways and 5 is really not that many. In my dream world I would like to fight regs like the 17e, 33rd or 18e, 35 vs 35 every weekend :-*

I have to agree with Kali and USE, small and medium regiment deserve same chance to get in the 1st and 2nd league than big structure, it's maybe not really funny for thus who can bring 50 men and only have to play with 15, but in this case, you can do as the 92nd did in their match against the 23e, bringing 25 members , while then 50 others were playing in another event. And the big structure will always have better chance to win, because contrary to the 15+ men regiment (Even if they're decent teamplayers, and good invididuals) they could pick their best players.

So I completly got your point, but still, despite the fact it is not fun, I find it fair.

So we should pick our 15 best guys and the rest never gets to play any NWL matches? Seems more like a regimental GF tournament but shooting is allowed :)
They will have the EXACT same chance to play in the 2nd or 1st League, as long as they spend some time recruiting.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: March 01, 2014, 05:41:20 pm »
It is not because you have a good recruitement according to your reputation, that every regiment can do the same. For you, 5 players is nothing, but for some others, it means a lot. So what ? You want to face a lot of good regiments with 35+ players every weeks ? You already have the 17e, 33rd, 77y, soon the 14e and 92nd and that's not enough ? Let a chance to others regiment who can't bring more than 15-20 players but which showed that they're excelent with these 20 men to proove you they deserve the same chance as you to get in your league.

You like being an important strucuture, with a lot of good players and attending events with big lines, I can understant that but some regiment prefer playing like a family, that does not mean they're not good enough to play against you, simply that their recrutement point of view is not the same than yours.

And that shouldn't been taken into account in NWL rules in my opinion.

Offline Kleist

• Brigadier General
  • (Kleister96) Former 8Lr and 92nd Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: March 01, 2014, 05:44:08 pm »

This. If you have too many players, send them to another event, same as we do. I think its not a big problem for the Nr24 to split up their members.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: March 01, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »
Part of being a good successful regiment lies with the recruitment. You need to be equally good at the game as recruiting new ppl.

I know many regiments (the 94th is not one) where people spend tireless amounts of time trying to find new members by arranging dates and running popular servers. These regiments don't always receive a bit payoff.

I wouldn't want to find myself in a position arguing that the Nr24 spent lots of time on public servers looking for new members to the community.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: March 01, 2014, 08:04:14 pm »
Part of being a good successful regiment lies with the recruitment. You need to be equally good at the game as recruiting new ppl.

I wouldn't want to find myself in a position arguing that the Nr24 spent lots of time on public servers looking for new members to the community.

We dont, we're quite fortunate when it comes to getting new recruits but if going on public servers was the only way to get new recruits, we would.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: March 01, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »

We dont, we're quite fortunate when it comes to getting new recruits but if going on public servers was the only way to get new recruits, we would.

Yeah but you're saying that a good regiment has to be good at recruiting, and your recruits weren't the result of a large recruitment drive but you'd still class yourself as a good regiment.

While I can understand the frustration of having to have a good half of your regiment sitting in spec for a battle that doesn't mean that other regiments should be stopped from playing for your sake.

Offline DaPietro

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [5pp]Colonel DaPietro
« Reply #3237 on: March 01, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »
5pp 7:3 18e

gg
O please, I've commanded more linebattles than you have
- bitch please ...

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: March 01, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »
GG 5pp, good melee and shooting, was a very eventfull 1v1! :)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #3239 on: March 01, 2014, 11:16:49 pm »
Gratz 5pp !