Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 929521 times)

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2235 on: January 15, 2014, 01:03:36 am »
And one follow up point.

I don't know WHY 18th were disqualified really. And i don't like them either much from what I've heard.

But if you think you can police external regiment arguments and politics because you are running a league, you will end up having an empty league VERY quickly. I understand it's meant to be fun. But there are so many disagreements. It wont happen.

Provide the platform for the games to be played, adjudicate correctly on the way that the games themselves are played. Ignore the external politics.

This. You're running a league, not the feelings police of the internet.

Realistically speaking, you need to sort this out properly, and quickly at that. Or you will not have anything left to sort out.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2236 on: January 15, 2014, 01:05:48 am »
94th will be staying in the tournament in hope everyone leaves and we win.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2237 on: January 15, 2014, 01:14:58 am »

I almost swallowed my tongue you bastard. XD

Offline Admaa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 15, 2014, 01:18:57 am »

I almost swallowed my tongue you bastard. XD

Spoiler
That's not the only thing you've swallowed. ;D
[close]

Anyway why would you be swallowing your tongue? D:

Offline Flopz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_AdC_Flopz
« Reply #2239 on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:10 am »
14e vs 84e (14e pov, french speaking)

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inv6XNAlOkc[/youtube]

14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne | Aide de Camp
French National Team of Infantry & French National Team of Cavalry
http://www.14e-regiment.com | https://www.youtube.com/user/Flopz78

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 15, 2014, 01:36:34 am »
To clarify, you may directly post external conversations if you get permission to do so from the participants.

Assuming that it would of been a discussion with you and 1 side, then a separate one with you and the other side I would imagine it will look very suspect if one didn't give permission and the other did hmm?

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:33 am »
Great linebattle 14e and 84e. The video was awesome and I have to say I was very impressed by the leading, melee was to be expected. :D

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2242 on: January 15, 2014, 11:22:05 am »
Great linebattle 14e and 84e. The video was awesome and I have to say I was very impressed by the leading, melee was to be expected. :D

Sorry for stealing the quote, just didn't have anything else to add. Was nice to watch.
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
« Reply #2243 on: January 15, 2014, 11:46:50 am »
25th - 4pp: 6-4. Really enjoyable nailbiter of a 1v1, with a lot of close melee fights. Hope to fight with or against you at a later point. Thanks :)
you have a vid of the match babe? :-*
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:05 pm »
To clarify, you may directly post external conversations if you get permission to do so from the participants.

Assuming that it would of been a discussion with you and 1 side, then a separate one with you and the other side I would imagine it will look very suspect if one didn't give permission and the other did hmm?

I'm sure it would look the same if an individual lied about having those conversations.
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #2245 on: January 15, 2014, 03:40:50 pm »
25th - 4pp: 6-4. Really enjoyable nailbiter of a 1v1, with a lot of close melee fights. Hope to fight with or against you at a later point. Thanks :)
you have a vid of the match babe? :-*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXG99hNQmeE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

The editing sucks, mostly cause I am not patient enough to make it better, and a bit unexperienced with editing as well.
Also, the quality dropped quite a bit from the 1080HD I have on computer, and I don't really know why.

Regards
Styrepils
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 15, 2014, 04:06:08 pm »
And one follow up point.

I don't know WHY 18th were disqualified really. And i don't like them either much from what I've heard.

But if you think you can police external regiment arguments and politics because you are running a league, you will end up having an empty league VERY quickly. I understand it's meant to be fun. But there are so many disagreements. It wont happen.

Provide the platform for the games to be played, adjudicate correctly on the way that the games themselves are played. Ignore the external politics.

This. You're running a league, not the feelings police of the internet.

Realistically speaking, you need to sort this out properly, and quickly at that. Or you will not have anything left to sort out.

18th is kicked out of NWL, because of several reasons like insulting other players or regiments and instigating other regiments to cheat.
(this happened last season too, 18th was let off with a warning. Insulting happened during the NWL match)

It was not external, it was directly in a connection to the NWL.

Then again, regarding the point deduction:

New day, new try.
I will now try to explain the way how rounds get deducted.

In Highlanders streamed Video you can see at 2:40 Recruit whatever_mac (3rdFG) shooting in charge, hitting and killing a player from 63e. The charge continues very even and, in the end, is won by 3rdFG after a short 3vs3. The way we look at this situation is "how did this rule violation affect the outcome of the round?" We all know that one single man can make a big difference in a match, Especially in a 3vs3/4vs3 melee. There are very high chances that this special shot did affect the outcome of this round, and this is the exact case in which bever and me "deduct" rounds - which is actually giving a point back to the side which has lost a point due to a rule violation that affected the outcome of a round.

3rdFG is pointing out to FiC, committed by 63e in two situations: 12:00 and 27.35. Yes, they fired out of charge, twice. But again, we look at how these situations altered the outcome of the round. Since 3rdFG won both of these rounds, we don't even have the chance to give unrightful won rounds back, since the rule violator did not win this particular round. But what we do is noting the violations and keep a "warning-system". You might not see any consequences, but there are.

Both has nothing to do with some kind of "feelings police". We aren't even bringin up those stupid arguments to justify the point cuts.

I think we all agree that we need an explicit rule thats adressing that TK-round. We're aware of that, but we still have to think about some kind of balance:

- If we keep it as it is (and this will not happen), it'll be like a rule that says "If a troll kills your line, you're dependend on your opponent, no matter how unfair it is"
- If we make a rule that says "If a troll tk's your line, the round has to be replayed/instant reset", you can easily exploit that by just having someone tking your or your opponents line for example.
- If we make a rule that says "If a troll tk's your line, bever and me will see from the recorded video if this trolling spree has affected the outcome of the round", I fear that there will be endless discussions about decisions being made like in the point cut case.

We will most likely set up a mix of 2 and 3 to ensure that as much cases as possible can be covered by it. I expected too much maturity, as for me it's clear to repeat a round like that, but others tend to exploit this obviously. I would've cut that round because it feels right, I agree with you all on this point, but we have to stick by the rules, not our feelings.

Edit:
And of course the FiC from 63e was noted. If this keeps happening in other games too, there will be overall point penalties.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:16:20 pm by DasBrot »

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 15, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »
C'mon guys.  I keep coming on the forum here to read news on the latest matches/fixtures etc.  Within the last week every time i have come on at least a whole page had been filled with arguing/bitching amd stupidity leading to regiments leaving/getting kicked out!  It's making tje community sound like spoilt kids not getting their own way.  Im happy to be streaming these games as i have seem some real good sportsmamship in a couple, especially last nights 14ev84e.
Can we all please just a new approach and have less annoyance? Fair enough post your thoughts and arguments after the game and maybe even the day after, just not for 1-2 weeks...
It's also bringing an atmosphere to my streams that i wish wasn't there :'( KthxBaii lahv you all<3<3

^^He's Right^^

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 15, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »
C'mon guys.  I keep coming on the forum here to read news on the latest matches/fixtures etc.  Within the last week every time i have come on at least a whole page had been filled with arguing/bitching amd stupidity leading to regiments leaving/getting kicked out!  It's making tje community sound like spoilt kids not getting their own way.  Im happy to be streaming these games as i have seem some real good sportsmamship in a couple, especially last nights 14ev84e.
Can we all please just a new approach and have less annoyance? Fair enough post your thoughts and arguments after the game and maybe even the day after, just not for 1-2 weeks...
It's also bringing an atmosphere to my streams that i wish wasn't there :'( KthxBaii lahv you all<3<3

Listen to mai boi he got it straight yo.  8)

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:05 pm »
Suggestions are not bitching!!!