Author Topic: North American Duel Tournament  (Read 22900 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Duel Tournament
« Reply #255 on: December 14, 2018, 05:45:36 pm »
This duel tournament is gonna be epic

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2018, 05:52:38 pm »
Why did we as a community decide years ago that rules against racial slurs and attacks should not exist in competitive tournaments? It’s frustrating that only now, years after the most damage has been done, do tournaments implement these rules. I wish I’d done those rules in my tournaments too so thank goodness they’re finally happening
I agree with you theo, this is the first tourney I've done because I've been waiting for someone else to do it like this and no one has... Its time to make NW GREAT AGAIN!

Probably no one  bothered with it because there's a built in mute option in-game that players can use if someones typing things they don't want to read.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #257 on: December 14, 2018, 06:42:50 pm »
This duel tournament is gonna be epic

wow thats epic

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2018, 06:49:10 pm »

Why did we as a community decide years ago that rules against racial slurs and attacks should not exist in competitive tournaments? It’s frustrating that only now, years after the most damage has been done, do tournaments implement these rules. I wish I’d done those rules in my tournaments too so thank goodness they’re finally happening
I agree with you theo, this is the first tourney I've done because I've been waiting for someone else to do it like this and no one has... Its time to make NW GREAT AGAIN!

Probably no one  bothered with it because there's a built in mute option in-game that players can use if someones typing things they don't want to read.
True, and there’s no bigger believer in the “mute all players” function than me, but the fact that there has to be a rule against people spamming racial slurs and intense insults means there’s a problem. I’ve seen more racial slurs and personal attacks in groupfighting alone than in the entirety of my 2000+ hours in CSGO, which is incredible when you think about the difference in player base size

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Oatmeal

« Reply #259 on: December 14, 2018, 07:33:11 pm »
Image from Gyazo" width="571.2

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2018, 08:46:40 pm »

True, and there’s no bigger believer in the “mute all players” function than me, but the fact that there has to be a rule against people spamming racial slurs and intense insults means there’s a problem. I’ve seen more racial slurs and personal attacks in groupfighting alone than in the entirety of my 2000+ hours in CSGO, which is incredible when you think about the difference in player base size

I actually don't think there HAS to be a rule for it, I've never been to a tournament where racial slurring and intense insults have been a problem either NA or EU, most people show up, count the rounds and say GG, with the occasional accusation of varying seriousness of autoblocking or PED's. Anthony just felt like including it. Which is fine, I didn't have any plans on doing any of that anyways, but the rule is still unnecessary.

Also player base size can also reduce the chances of getting into a game with someone like that, even if there are more people like that within the player base. We're also a closer knit community so people are aware of insults that impact other players on a more personal level, where as CSGO you might get hit with some generic insults but no one has the ability to go beyond that because they just don't know each other well enough to.

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2018, 09:29:21 pm »

Community Name: ExTaZz94
Name to be used: TZ0_ExTaZz94
Steam Link:  https://steamcommunity.com/id/ExTaZz94/
Do you agree to rules stated above?: ofc
Regiment: 23e
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

MATT123456789

« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2018, 10:15:16 pm »

we dont want someone who will drag out a duel to the point where  1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTES INTO IT THE SCORE IS ONLY 3-2

Offline ExtaZz94

• Major
  • J'avance tu recules
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BetterThanU
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2018, 10:28:39 pm »
Did you fear just little EU like me with 120 ping ?
i have never see cela. rejection perssonel.
good luck all in the tournament.
Quote from: LeBrave on Today at 11:49:30 pm
votre appréciable et glorieux pote LeBrave.

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2018, 10:37:44 pm »

Slots are full and signups have closed. If we have a spot open because someone didnt go your elgiable to join.

|Viper|

« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2018, 10:49:25 pm »
Hahhhhhhhhhhhhh hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2018, 12:12:41 am »
Let's all agree that Turkish kicking should result in losing a round.

MATT123456789

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2018, 01:04:59 am »

YOUR AVERAGE ROUND WAS 20 MINUTES LONG. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

Offline Dexter

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2018, 01:06:56 am »
Community Name:Dexter
Name to be used:Dexter
Steam Link:https://steamcommunity.com/id/YunuSs1/
Do you agree to rules stated above?:Yes
Regiment:6th

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2018, 01:08:03 am »

I actually don't think there HAS to be a rule for it, I've never been to a tournament where racial slurring and intense insults have been a problem either NA or EU, most people show up, count the rounds and say GG, with the occasional accusation of varying seriousness of autoblocking or PED's. Anthony just felt like including it. Which is fine, I didn't have any plans on doing any of that anyways, but the rule is still unnecessary.

Also player base size can also reduce the chances of getting into a game with someone like that, even if there are more people like that within the player base. We're also a closer knit community so people are aware of insults that impact other players on a more personal level, where as CSGO you might get hit with some generic insults but no one has the ability to go beyond that because they just don't know each other well enough to.

This tournament will be hosted on my server(s).
I'm not a fan of slurs or racist attacks. Blame me for not allowing slurs.