Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 724962 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #7365 on: December 12, 2019, 12:39:58 am »
You guys might think I am full of shit, but did you know when he joined the 18e back in 2013 we played CSGO a couple of times

and I thought he was fucking terrible lmayo

/o/
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #7366 on: December 12, 2019, 12:46:01 am »
Good for Alex

Personally I'll never consider professional "esports" players on the same level as.... well let's say a professional hockey player or MMA fighter

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7367 on: December 12, 2019, 12:48:12 am »
Good for Alex

Personally I'll never consider professional "esports" players on the same level as.... well let's say a professional hockey player or MMA fighter
in terms of what though?

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #7368 on: December 12, 2019, 01:11:17 am »
Good for Alex

in terms of what though?
thats because esports arent really a sport.. there is a lot of crossover but its technically a competitive discipline instead of a sport. Still incredibly impressive and used to love watching but I think slapping the term "E-Sports" on everything has really hurt competitive gaming in the perception of the public

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #7369 on: December 12, 2019, 06:41:07 am »
I remember playing with Alex when we were both silvers  :'(

they grow up so fast

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #7370 on: December 12, 2019, 03:02:36 pm »
306 CSGO Comp wins silver 3 lmao 1k+ hours
#silver forever

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7371 on: December 12, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »
Good for Alex

in terms of what though?
thats because esports arent really a sport.. there is a lot of crossover but its technically a competitive discipline instead of a sport. Still incredibly impressive and used to love watching but I think slapping the term "E-Sports" on everything has really hurt competitive gaming in the perception of the public

E-sport is a sport.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #7372 on: December 12, 2019, 05:15:36 pm »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #7373 on: December 12, 2019, 06:46:48 pm »

yes, all that do apply for an e-sport
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:08:08 pm by Kore »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #7374 on: December 12, 2019, 06:52:54 pm »
I agree that it certainly does qualify as a sport. Even if it isn't in a traditional sense. Several pros have had to have surgery on their wrists etc due to physical exertion and it definitely involves skill and a team competing. Just because they aren't bashing their brains and bodies together doesn't mean they aren't playing a sport.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #7375 on: December 12, 2019, 08:08:25 pm »
I still believe that calling competitive gaming esports has hurt the scene as a whole in the view of the public eye and expanding the market

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: December 12, 2019, 08:55:34 pm »
I still believe that calling competitive gaming esports has hurt the scene as a whole in the view of the public eye and expanding the market

Yeah it gives hardcore sports fans a bad view of it and the general public especially boomers think its a joke when called a sport. But they literally don't understand shit about it.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #7377 on: December 22, 2019, 11:05:55 am »
I agree that it certainly does qualify as a sport. Even if it isn't in a traditional sense. Several pros have had to have surgery on their wrists etc due to physical exertion and it definitely involves skill and a team competing. Just because they aren't bashing their brains and bodies together doesn't mean they aren't playing a sport.

Tbf that makes pro gamers sound as if they are constantly wanking and tbf you have to have no like if u practice that much that u actually fuck up your wrists. I also think that in some ways esports is justifying a 20 stone person by saying, he’s an athlete he spends all his time practicing esports, no need to lose some weight u fat fucking twat.

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #7378 on: December 22, 2019, 05:17:10 pm »
E-sports are called E-sports because they are E-sports and not sports
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: December 22, 2019, 09:10:44 pm »
E-sports are called E-sports because they are E-sports and not sports

This ^

Tbf that makes pro gamers sound as if they are constantly wanking and tbf you have to have no like if u practice that much that u actually fuck up your wrists. I also think that in some ways esports is justifying a 20 stone person by saying, he’s an athlete he spends all his time practicing esports, no need to lose some weight u fat fucking twat.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. But if you're implying E-sports attempt to justify being unhealthy you are very wrong. Most orgs and pro players have said that being physically and mentally healthy will help players perform better overall. And many orgs give their players all the resources they need to live a healthy lifestyle and they usually encourage it. And from what I've seen, a majority of pro e-sports players are actually in pretty decent shape.