Author Topic: SE. Tournaments MK.1 | 5v5 | 24.05.2020 | 1st. OG | 2. TZ0 | 3. Animals  (Read 29085 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Protect the King in a 6-8 format would be great. No tournament spam even better.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
I don't like Gfs with Swords, Protect the King or Decremental formats. I understand these tournaments are essential to avoid people being burned out and shit, that's why they always receive such massive support from the community and that's honestly a good thing. However, I have been always been a huge traditionalist when it comes to groupfighting tournaments and I know I will probably never host one of these myself. Plenty of good hosts around tho so shouldn't be a problem.
I mean it terms of being a 'traditionalist' the majority of older/original groupfighting tournaments were 5v5 with 1 sword. But yeah a few things I know of are already in the works including sword and protect the king tournaments.
Yeah, no. The first five groupfighting tournaments on MM were 5v5 with bayonets only. Once we switched on NW, 2012 was all about 5v5 groupfighting tournaments with bayonets only. The first groupfighting tournament with one sword was hosted in early February 2013 by Evanovic and Tav due to Hekko taking a break from hosting. It lasted for two editions until Hekko eventually came back and starting hosting the original format again. I'm not sure when the next groupfighting w/ sword tournaments was hosted but I think it was years after, hardly making such a format the 'majority' of the tournament hosted back then.

Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
I don't like Gfs with Swords, Protect the King or Decremental formats. I understand these tournaments are essential to avoid people being burned out and shit, that's why they always receive such massive support from the community and that's honestly a good thing. However, I have been always been a huge traditionalist when it comes to groupfighting tournaments and I know I will probably never host one of these myself. Plenty of good hosts around tho so shouldn't be a problem.
I mean it terms of being a 'traditionalist' the majority of older/original groupfighting tournaments were 5v5 with 1 sword. But yeah a few things I know of are already in the works including sword and protect the king tournaments.
Yeah, no. The first five groupfighting tournaments on MM were 5v5 with bayonets only. Once we switched on NW, 2012 was all about 5v5 groupfighting tournaments with bayonets only. The first groupfighting tournament with one sword was hosted in early February 2013 by Evanovic and Tav due to Hekko taking a break from hosting. It lasted for two editions until Hekko eventually came back and starting hosting the original format again. I'm not sure when the next groupfighting w/ sword tournaments was hosted but I think it was years after, hardly making such a format the 'majority' of the tournament hosted back then.
You're like the NW version of Thorin.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
I never include MM in anything I say because it was a different module so it seems irrelevant to any discussion in relation to NW.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
Spoiler
[close]
Same knowledge, but with twice his bad faith.

Spoiler
I never include MM in anything I say because it was a different module so it seems irrelevant to any discussion in relation to NW.
[close]
Even without including MM because you are right, it's not very relevant nowadays considering how old NW is, I would be curious to know how you came up with 'the majority of older/original groupfighting tournaments were 5v5 with 1 sword' when it's literally two tournaments in the span of two - if not three/four - years.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
Spoiler
[close]
Same knowledge, but with twice his bad faith.

Spoiler
[close]
Even without including MM because you are right, it's not very relevant nowadays considering how old NW is, I would be curious to know how you came up with 'the majority of older/original groupfighting tournaments were 5v5 with 1 sword' when it's literally two tournaments in the span of two - if not three/four - years.

If you don't like this type of  tournament. You don't need to sign up. You don't need to complain on the thread. Just leave the people that want to sign up, to sign up. I'm sure the hosts don't want spam on their thread about 2013 5v5 tournaments. The format has been chosen and moaning about the fact you don't like tournaments with swords won't change anything.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
this is a different thread hertz dumb dumb

Elsse

More comments on my thread please, I'll be rich soon.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
@Hertz As already explained when I answered Ryan's message, yeah it's true I don't like these sort of formats but as I also mentioned, I have long acknowledged they are equally important as other formats for a lot of people and very much liked in the scene:

The rest of the discussion was simply pointing out a large inaccuracy in Herishey's answer to this post, nothing close to a complaint or a moan and certainly not related to the tenure of these events. They don't interest me from a player perspective but I am always happy to help where I can, hence why I am a referee in the upcoming 5v5 w/ swords. If you take the last couple of posts as me trying to discourage people from signing up to these events, you should re-read / rethink what was written there.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
I know. But its still on this thread. Strange

Phailur

shut up neeeerd

Nock

shut up neeeerd

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
More comments on my thread please, I'll be rich soon.

pay for your children if you are rich!

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
Anyone notice hertz constantly moaning and crying about people moaning and crying, smfh. Ironic.

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
Anyone notice hertz constantly moaning and crying about people moaning and crying, smfh. Ironic.
Ikr what an idiot!