Author Topic: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.  (Read 12989 times)

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NEWS] The NW TaleWorlds Sub-Forum is not closing down.
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »
A lot of the taleworlds community was happy to see NW leave so I really don't see any point in keeping it around.

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9y[LG]_ZeppelinPanda
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 08:53:06 pm »
A lot of the taleworlds community was happy to see NW leave so I really don't see any point in keeping it around.
It's not up to FSE, it's not in the best interest of Taleworlds, so they're fighting it.

Offline Daniel

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Daniel
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »
Well I remember back in April it was a community decision to go back to tale worlds after NW was attempted to be hosted on the original FSE forums. But i doubt that anything will change back due to the fact that people have already moved over.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:45 am »
Taleworlds, or well, Captain Lust, their community manager believed it was best to keep the forums open. since it is still also somewhat of a Taleworlds product.

However, we will not use their forums anymore, meaning none of us, our moderation/administration staff and so on will frequent them and take care of them.
So it is basically a lawless place without any support for new players. But that is what Captain lust wanted, so he can take care of supporting the people there then.

We have fully moved over and do not wish to hold two forums at the same time, and our team, moderators and admins will stay here. so will everyone of the community, this is the main board now and it will remain to be so.

Links will be put up in the Taleworlds forums towards our forum to make it more clear for people to find the real community.

Hope this solves any confusion.

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 12:06:17 am »
Taleworlds, or well, Captain Lust, their community manager believed it was best to keep the forums open. since it is still also somewhat of a Taleworlds product.

However, we will not use their forums anymore, meaning none of us, our moderation/administration staff and so on will frequent them and take care of them.
So it is basically a lawless place without any support for new players. But that is what Captain lust wanted, so he can take care of supporting the people there then.

We have fully moved over and do not wish to hold two forums at the same time, and our team, moderators and admins will stay here. so will everyone of the community, this is the main board now and it will remain to be so.

Links will be put up in the Taleworlds forums towards our forum to make it more clear for people to find the real community.

Hope this solves any confusion.
+1

Offline Refleax

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:59 am »
We would all be very great full if you can link this thread which now contains updated information from Vince to anyone who was fed incorrect information.
May good health be yours.

Offline Hugues

• Sergeant
  • A gentleman never tells...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hugues
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:12 am »
I prefer a centralised forum anyway, it's a good thing.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Paradox Demi-Moderator

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 12:23:45 am »
Still, its a great news! :)

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 12:24:04 am »
Didn't like the old TW forumers that much, well atleast for the off topic stuff, if you weren't with them when the forum came out, you were not accepted.

Offline Hugues

• Sergeant
  • A gentleman never tells...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hugues
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 12:24:59 am »
Didn't like the old TW forumers that much, well atleast for the off topic stuff, if you weren't with them when the forum came out, you were not accepted.
Not true atall - I was accepted and I wasn't there from the start. Haven't visited in a while however. But I don't want to start an argument  ::)
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Paradox Demi-Moderator

Offline Pinball Wizard

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:48 am »
Not true atall - I was accepted and I wasn't there from the start. Haven't visited in a while however. But I don't want to start an argument  ::)
Oh, well that must have been a special case, very few really get accepted  ::) I'm sure many switchers understand.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 12:54:41 am »
No problem. Devs, admins, regiment leaders are all here. The rest will follow. Follow my sheep's. Follow!

Offline LedZepp1109

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 12:58:37 am »
No problem. Devs, admins, regiment leaders are all here. The rest will follow. Follow my sheep's. Follow!
This.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 02:43:48 am »
I'm glad it's not being wiped, not because I will use it over this one, but because there is a lot of history on there that I want archived so I can refer back to it (debate threads, old tournament and event threads etc). It'll just be like the Mount and Musket forum is now, noone uses it but it's a nice place to visit at nostalgic times, so I think it'll be fine so long as people know that this is the main foru for community involvement and stuff like unbans.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:55:37 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Cop

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cop
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 03:50:37 am »
I would prefer them to take it down.

Now people googling NW will get references to both forums.