Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 64731 times)

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2014, 06:22:03 pm »
I definitely don't believe it's the majority. Still, that doesn't mean it's worth disregarding as a matter of consideration.

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2014, 10:20:20 pm »
I wouldn't say the majority plays on low settings, but it's certainly a high enough percentage of the player base that it's a factor worth taking into consideration.
Ofc, just saying that our PCs, on average, can only handle DX7, is kinda, well, overexaggerating. But then, who am I to dispute the words of the Great Hinkel, Modder, and pillar of this community? :P

not at all

I play on dx7 and I know a lot of people that play on it.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »
Until I got my new rig I was playing on DX7 with mostly the lowest settings. Then again, it was a 5 year old pentium dual core, so it's probably not comparable to most PC gamers.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: September 29, 2014, 11:42:49 pm »
I play on DX7 because thats how I used to play on warband for like 4 years. I upgrade my computer like 3 years ago and couldnt change. I prefer the game to look like shit because it is how I am used to it and there is less to get in the way of gameplay.

TL;DR I could play on DX7 but gameplay, less lag in 200 player battles>graphics.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2014, 01:16:26 am »
I play on DX7 because thats how I used to play on warband for like 4 years. I upgrade my computer like 3 years ago and couldnt change. I prefer the game to look like shit because it is how I am used to it and there is less to get in the way of gameplay.

TL;DR I could play on DX7 but gameplay, less lag in 200 player battles>graphics.
Thank you for including a TL;DR.
I wish to continue the sudden trend of people reporting how shit their PC is, by saying that my 2002 IBM workstation has only 256MB of RAM, an 750MHz processor and a 12" CRT monitor, harnessed to a whopping 25 GB HDD. It can run Warband on High Settings at DX5 at a steady 30fps
<3

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2014, 09:45:04 am »
Yeah it's really good. Hope they remove the ground tessellation though.

Why would you want them to remove ground tessellation?

Because it looks bad and there are better ways to deal with performance issues.

More realistic ground looks worse than flat terrain with a texture laid over top of it?

I wouldn't say the majority plays on low settings, but it's certainly a high enough percentage of the player base that it's a factor worth taking into consideration.
Ofc, just saying that our PCs, on average, can only handle DX7, is kinda, well, overexaggerating. But then, who am I to dispute the words of the Great Hinkel, Modder, and pillar of this community? :P

I don't think Hinkel was saying that the average player can only run on DX7. They just happen to do it out of habit. There are people that I know that are running high-end GPUs (GTX 670, HD 7870, etc) on low graphics even though their systems could easily slice through the game at the highest settings with 150-200 FPS. Their response to my absolute horror: "We're used to this. We like it that way."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 09:50:37 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2014, 02:31:25 pm »
Yeah it's really good. Hope they remove the ground tessellation though.

Why would you want them to remove ground tessellation?

Because it looks bad and there are better ways to deal with performance issues.

More realistic ground looks worse than flat terrain with a texture laid over top of it?

It's not that the textures themselves look bad, but that the textures fade and degrade in quality as you get farther away. It looks awful and there are much more effective ways to increase performance for players with lower end rigs.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2014, 02:33:21 pm »
No, it does not look awfull, you wont even notice it. You only notice it when the Wireframe is enabled.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2014, 04:58:20 pm »
I don't think Hinkel was saying that the average player can only run on DX7. They just happen to do it out of habit. There are people that I know that are running high-end GPUs (GTX 670, HD 7870, etc) on low graphics even though their systems could easily slice through the game at the highest settings with 150-200 FPS. Their response to my absolute horror: "We're used to this. We like it that way."
We are used to having less graphical fidelity, when improving it has no perceptible cost to performance? k den if they say so...
<3

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2014, 05:16:24 pm »
New mod, mount and blade banner swag which gives you all them banners for free!!!!!!!!

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2014, 05:44:24 am »
I was looking at the new dev blog and they mentioned are 225 km squared piece of terrain but I don't know if that is for the campaign map or not. Seems like an awful lot of space for the M&B sized battles of 100 - 500 units even if it gets up to 1000. 
Spoiler

[close]

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2014, 08:54:40 am »
It's for the battle map, and it's only the max size you can manipulate like now.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2014, 09:36:25 am »
Ah ok. That seems amazingly huge for battlemaps. I think ARMA 2 maps are like 200km squared to get a sense of scale.

I am really curious to know if and how they will exploit that technical achievement in battle maps or if they will limit the areas you can move around in but allow for say 25km + background scenic areas etc. 
Spoiler

[close]

Offline BNS Marko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Bear Force 2
  • Nick: BNS Marko
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:48 am »
It's basically 15km x 15km(225km2, not (225km)2) on each border, there was a massive discussion on the metric scales on the TW topic lol.
I imagine it's going to be really useful in PW mods, also autogenerating battle according to army sizes in singleplayer.

Edit: Yes in comparison to the 200kmsq ArmA map, and also ~54kmsq Skyrim map.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »
Arma 3, I think, has 250-300 kmsq, if I am not mistaken.
But, don't forget, ArmA has cars, trucks, planes, fighter jets and Helicopters. I mean, driving form Kavala to the very north of Altis takes a long time even in a car at 100 mph
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.