Poll

What's your favourite anime and why is it "Wake Up, Girls!"?

Because it's awesome
23 (23.7%)
Because it's awesome
15 (15.5%)
Because it's awesome
17 (17.5%)
Because it's awesome
21 (21.6%)
Because it's awesome
21 (21.6%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Anime Discussion Thread  (Read 207749 times)

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
  • Side: Union
Re: Attack on Titan
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2013, 03:26:42 am »
Anime?

Spoiler
[close]

stfu

btw; Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) has been airing for a good 6 months  :-\

This site is better
I like crunchy roll but it has a little to many adds.

Offline Angel

• Alpha Tester
  • 84e Prison Guard
    • View Profile
    • Free GF-Maps!
  • Nick: 84e_Art_SLt_Angel
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2013, 03:29:01 am »
It's a great anime so far following in the 2nd season, It has a great story-line, Beautiful art & sound and I'am very impressed by the fighting scenes between Humans and Titans. There's much more then that but I rather not spoil all the fun, you will have to figure that out yourself ;)

So if you're up for some intense action & politics where humanity is in stake fighting against an overwhelming enemy then give it a try :)

Offline Devmc99

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MoskovGren_Reserve
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2013, 03:30:13 am »
It's a great anime so far following in the 2nd season, It has a great story-line, Beautiful art & sound and I'am very impressed by the fighting scenes between Humans and Titans. There's much more then that but I rather not spoil all the fun, you will have to figure that out yourself ;)

So if you're up for some intense action & politics where humanity is in stake fighting against an overwhelming enemy then give it a try :)
Do you know when the 2nd season is coming out?

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2013, 03:31:33 am »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:35:25 am by George385 »

Offline Angel

• Alpha Tester
  • 84e Prison Guard
    • View Profile
    • Free GF-Maps!
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2013, 03:32:45 am »

Here is the 1st ep of the Shingeki no Kyojin OVA, I recommend this site as they usually release new episodes a couple of days or about a week after its been aired in Japan but I'm not entirely sure.

http://www.animefushigi.com/watch/shingeki-no-kyojin-ilse-no-techou-episode-1
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:19:56 am by Angel »

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 04:05:30 am »
Attack on Titan is a new anime series . You can watch for free here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

Its a anime where humanity was being devoured by these big monster called titans so humans built a wall around civilization to live but then one day the titans broke through.... the rest is for you to watch. Post here what you think about it.

I really like anime  ;D

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=g19iSKyiO0w
It's not really new and it's over hyped for sure but yes it is rather good.

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 04:14:12 am »

Has not been announced yet.

Offline Angel

• Alpha Tester
  • 84e Prison Guard
    • View Profile
    • Free GF-Maps!
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2013, 04:20:52 am »
Ah damn was really hoping it would be it  :-[ guess I got the OVA and season 2 mixed up. But at least it's something to keep the viewers occupied.

Question to Skyz: How far are you into the manga? and are there enough content for a 2nd season.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 04:33:28 am by Angel »

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:05 am »
#Manga is better

Offline Skyz

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Hour Kills the Patient
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2013, 06:13:41 am »
#Manga is better

See, he knows.

@Angel Volume 52. No, in fact the first volume came out in 2011, and the show didnt start until 2 years after, and within that time they did 25 episodes (not including 13 where they did a re-cap) If they were to make another 25 episodes, then it might take another 2 years, but could just be until next fall or summer if they did 13 episodes.

Offline Japan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Japan
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2013, 07:20:37 am »
#Manga is better
I disagree with that.
Spoiler
There are some things that you just simply cannot get from a manga. One of the major things for me in the anime I get is the epic soundtrack playing during the scenes. Of course they will have to fit in with the mood, but that is one thing you cannot get from the manga.
Second thing for is the voice actor themselves. The way they sound during their lines will tie the with the music. Making a wonderful combination of tone. Another thing you can not get in the manga.
Third thing is the smooth animation of the anime. Sometimes the drawings are actually improved greatly. Also overall it is colorful and very appealing to the eye.
[close]

Anyways Attack on Titan. Really good anime. Not really over hyped just people that watch a lot of anime compare it to every other anime/manga they seen.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2013, 09:09:05 am »
So do any of you homies speak Nihongo?
Pointy stick champion

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2013, 09:13:14 am »
So do any of you homies speak Nihongo?

i speak some.

i know all hiragana and learning katakana.

Offline Fyzzaraya

• Second Lieutenant
  • The Lion
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sagamichi the Immortal
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2013, 09:38:14 am »
I can say this is one of my favorites. One thing I haven't seen in other anime is the unpredictability and the lack of cliches(though there are some).Even more,I think it's the first anime where I dislike the main character and love the secondary ones. Most of them are greatly done,especially Jean :).

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2013, 11:47:35 am »
I always get excited when a good anime comes out with a mature premise, ala "G.I.T.S." or "Berserk". SnK is pretty good and I'll continue to follow it. However, there were points where they got lazy or just kept on dragging the damn thing out with mini cliff hangers all over the place. "Battle of Trost: 3,457"

If anyone is considering this, you should go ahead. I also recommend the manga for this if you want to get anywhere in the story. Don't get too attached to characters. Lots of characters get killed in this, but you'll never know which ones.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...