Author Topic: Ebola Thread  (Read 26301 times)

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 60th_Lt_Shortshorts
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Ebola Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 08:29:39 pm »
True, but our concerns aren't as grave, I mean we have food, we are educated, we have healthcare, we don't randomly get raped and we don't have to resort to cannibalism.
Which naturally means that we have the massive resources required to drag these countries out of squalor, is that what you're suggesting?

I don't think we can have a welfare state if we're going to let white guilt decide what we do with our tax money.

It's a nice thought and all, but I can't see this ever becoming a practical investment with realistic chances of success.

Offline SaintKyle

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saintkyle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:07 pm »
True, but our concerns aren't as grave, I mean we have food, we are educated, we have healthcare, we don't randomly get raped and we don't have to resort to cannibalism.

Not sure if you have been to the southern United States, sounds pretty accurate.

No it does not at all.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/florida-superhuman-cannibal-shot-dead-after-eating-boys-face-1435316
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/26/miami-police-confrontation-men-leaves-1-dead-1-hurt/

Florida is in the bottom 5 for healthcare in the US and number 49 in education. But please continue how this does not sound like the south at all.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 08:33:07 pm »
Which naturally means that we have the massive resources required to drag these countries out of squalor, is that what you're suggesting?

I don't think we can have a welfare state if we're going to let white guilt decide what we do with our tax money.

It's a nice thought and all, but I can't see this ever becoming a practical investment with realistic chances of success.
I'm not saying we should give them everything we got I just don't think we are doing enough atm.

AeroNinja

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 08:33:41 pm »
I agree with Furrnox. Couldn't say it any better.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 08:36:13 pm »
But it's always going to end up being half measure then isn't it? We keep sending them aid that only partly solves short term problems.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 08:37:45 pm »
Indeed one reason being we just send them resources instead of teaching them how to use their own.

Offline Shortshorts

• Major General
  • I love memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
Again I think you're underestimating how much time, effort and money it will take to teach them how to create and support their own infrastructure and industry.

And even before that we need to account for the regional unrest, we can't expect to make a lasting impact in a country ruled by warlords.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »
They could have stayed under Commonwealth rule but instead they chose to rebel so not much to it, they choked themselves off.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline SaintKyle

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saintkyle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »
They could have stayed under Commonwealth rule but instead they chose to rebel so not much to it, they choked themselves off.

Agreed, and this was one pro of them being colonies of greater nations. It wasn't all fun in games, but there were pro's to that situation.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 08:52:48 pm »
Maybe stop fucking their economy by dumping our surplus agricultural goods onto their market.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 09:04:34 pm »
Reminder that the those shitty countries have always been shitty, still are shitty, and always will be shitty.

Back on subject, Thomas Eric Duncan died of his Ebola. Luckily for us, the honorable Reverand Jessie Jackson is in town blaming it on racism.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Zzehth

• Donator
  • NANWL Co-Founder
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mexico is part of NA, damn gringos
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 09:07:59 pm »
Ebola is too racist to infect mexicans.
Father of the NA Competitive Scene

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 09:08:38 pm »
This is what happens when people don't give a fuck about the poor souls in Africa.
This is what you get for letting Africans into Europe.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 09:09:23 pm »
This is what happens when people don't give a fuck about the poor souls in Africa.

Ebola is a disease of peace!
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

AeroNinja

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2014, 09:10:11 pm »
You just only care for the people who are only around you..