Author Topic: Suggestions and feedback [v1.0 - v1.1]  (Read 81663 times)

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestions and feedback
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2015, 11:05:50 pm »
Some of the random maps are graphically demanding

Random maps are less demanding than custom maps, since they have no where near as many props and other things on them. If people are crashing after a certain amount of play time, they should check to make sure that "load textures on demand" is enabled and that they've made Warband large address aware (since it's a 32bit program).
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2015, 11:50:17 pm »
When I look at the green grass I feel like I need to narrow my eyes or it somehow messes up my eyes for a couple of seconds. Interesting...

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2015, 02:16:01 am »
It have been a long time since i made my last post on this board. Anyway, today i tried to play North and South 1.0 but i crashed ( even with very low settings ). I heard that this game runs great on 64 bits, but hell i got a 32 bit computer. Is there a "lighter" version or a fix for this?

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2015, 07:07:41 pm »
That's good feedback Sethja! The .69 Cal does have some accidental stats that were left over from whatever I copy-pasted to add that one quickly, and will be rebalanced in the next patch.

The weapon lengths are all based on their mesh lengths, so a longer mesh naturally means a longer reach. Not much to do about that :P
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Behr11

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »
Hey guys,

with the release of version 1.0 .. do you have any suggestions for an 1.1 update?
Any new features you would like to see? Or any annoying bugs and problems, which should get fixed?

-Keep The Mississippi Bottle
-Add More Sergeants For Foreign Intervention
-Fix Random Performance Issues That Happen On Some Random Maps

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2015, 06:57:57 pm »
Hey guys,

with the release of version 1.0 .. do you have any suggestions for an 1.1 update?
Any new features you would like to see? Or any annoying bugs and problems, which should get fixed?

-Keep The Mississippi Bottle
-Add More Sergeants For Foreign Intervention
-Fix Random Performance Issues That Happen On Some Random Maps

Offline ManlyMan

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ManlyMan
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »
I feel like the FI faction is missing a lot.
Like Behr said it doesn't have any Sergeants except for the British Line Infantry, FI has no medic and has no sharpshooters (I guess Prussian Jaegars could be sharpshooters but they aren't actually using sharpshooter rifles) Canadian unit would also be a nice touch since the war is in North America.

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2015, 12:58:57 am »
It have been a long time since i made my last post on this board. Anyway, today i tried to play North and South 1.0 but i crashed ( even with very low settings ). I heard that this game runs great on 64 bits, but hell i got a 32 bit computer. Is there a "lighter" version or a fix for this?

Reposting because i think no one noticed my message.

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2015, 10:10:46 am »
in my opinion, the texture should be changed (reverting back to the NW texture would be fine as well)

Yeah, while for me it looks okay, there is indeed some bloom problem and its lagging a bit, when a desert map starts.
Will definatly have a look at this and might change the texture.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
in my opinion, the texture should be changed (reverting back to the NW texture would be fine as well)

Yeah, while for me it looks okay, there is indeed some bloom problem and its lagging a bit, when a desert map starts.
Will definatly have a look at this and might change the texture.

Yeah, it's too bright, it's something to do with the ground texture. I have a different one in Blood and Iron that works well for US, Middle Eastern, and African deserts, and beaches.

For the next patch I'll make a similar one for NaS, but originally I wanted something a little unique for the NaS deserts :P

Offline Jonny Powers

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2015, 03:25:57 pm »

Reposting because i think no one noticed my message.

He addressed this earlier, you need to get Large Address Aware to let it use more RAM:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2015, 01:40:50 am »
Why do the Prussians have Lorenz rifles? Do you intend to add the needle gun in the future as a low accuracy, low damage but high Rate of Fire weapon? As it was adopted as the main weapon of the Prussian Army in 1848.

Additionally, Jaeger wore a dark green Waffenrock, as in
Spoiler
[close]
rather than the blue that it seems is the current uniform.

Offline Macca

• Come on you Rangers!
  • Major
  • yes.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2015, 05:28:08 am »
I think Hinkel and I spoke about this, but I post this here.

The bleeding system. That's a pain in the rear end and should have never been added. I know for a fact a lot of people can agree with me on that one. I, for one just one to play the game instead of having to worry about being shot and then having to find a sergeant or medic, it ruins all fun for me to be honest. Adding it was a bad move, not much else I can say.

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2015, 08:11:25 pm »

The bleeding system. That's a pain in the rear end and should have never been added. I know for a fact a lot of people can agree with me on that one. I, for one just one to play the game instead of having to worry about being shot and then having to find a sergeant or medic, it ruins all fun for me to be honest. Adding it was a bad move, not much else I can say.
I like the bleeding out system. Imo
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2015, 12:41:00 am »

I like the system in place. Its not call of duty. I don't think we should be able to magically heal from bullets/bayonets. The game is meant more for linebattles. Thats where most of the community attends and it adds a whole new feeling to the game when you have to call out for your line's medic. Killing the enemy officer or medic can cause chaos and death. If you only play for solo multiplayer you are just missing out.