Author Topic: Suggestions and feedback [v1.0 - v1.1]  (Read 81621 times)

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Suggestions and feedback
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 03:52:09 pm »
Is there a way to install the mod without running any kind of exe etc? I'm having problems installing the mod like that and I really can't wait to play.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »
It's possible to run the installer and unpack the mod to a folder of your choosing (not in the modules folder where the installer defaults to), then you can move the mod to the modules folder.

If your OS is telling you that the installer is unsigned and untrustworthy, click on "read more" and "run anyway" - or the OS' equivalent.

Other than those, what kink of problems were you having?
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »
In the quote below you can see what problem I have and what I have tried:
When I ran the installer, I get a messege that says:
"This mod requires the Napoleonic Wars expansion for Warband.

Please get it on www.taleworlds.com or other places like steam,
and then re-run the setup program."

This hasn't happend to me before, I bought NW and Warband from Steam so its not pirated or anything.
Quote from: William
If you have problems with your NW key (NW is not installed), please do the following:

- Right click on Mount & Blade: Warband on steam and select view CD key.
Copy the Napoleonic Wars serial code or keep it open.

- Click Start > Run
- Enter regedit, right click to open with administrative rights
- A new window will open, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
- Search the entry, serial_key_nw,
- If it doesent exist, make a string value with that name and enter your cd key there.
- make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
- If you are done with that, close the Registry Window and start the installer, and have fun playing!

Offline Wigster600

• Major General
  • "Oh shit." - Wigster600
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wigster600/John_Cooper
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »
Just wondering, why is the parrot guns projectile drop so heavy?

*EDIT*

Oh, just wondering if you could add an extra animation for the musket with bayonet fixed, seeing as parrot managed to have different animations for the bayonet fixed/unfixed firearms just wondering if you could have the fixed bayonet be held in a right shoulder shift  when walking position, and unfixed just be shouldered when walking and have possibly a randomized holding position for when one is running with a firearm though in a similar position to iron europes running with rifle animation.

Oh, and a new flag model would be nice for directx7, the mod still looks very nice in the lower end of warband, but the cardboard flags tend to let it down.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:07:19 pm by Wigster600 »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 08:45:55 pm »
For OttoFin
In the quote below you can see what problem I have and what I have tried:
When I ran the installer, I get a messege that says:
"This mod requires the Napoleonic Wars expansion for Warband.

Please get it on www.taleworlds.com or other places like steam,
and then re-run the setup program."

This hasn't happend to me before, I bought NW and Warband from Steam so its not pirated or anything.
Quote from: William
If you have problems with your NW key (NW is not installed), please do the following:

- Right click on Mount & Blade: Warband on steam and select view CD key.
Copy the Napoleonic Wars serial code or keep it open.

- Click Start > Run
- Enter regedit, right click to open with administrative rights
- A new window will open, browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
- Search the entry, serial_key_nw,
- If it doesent exist, make a string value with that name and enter your cd key there.
- make sure that the value is the same as your CD key. Also make sure that the key is separated correctly. Double click the entry and modify it until it is correct. Watch out for invisible spaces in the CD key.
- If you are done with that, close the Registry Window and start the installer, and have fun playing!
[close]
Have you tried joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then running the installer again? Then it should recognize NW.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2015, 09:33:31 pm »
Perhaps a graphics reduction, using the default NW graphics. Some people I know have Potato computers and can not run the mod due to crashing because of the stunningly gorgeous new HD graphics. 0.5 worked fine and even some of the beta's worked fine but the release seems a bit laggy when it comes to the new world textures and shaders that were added

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2015, 09:39:11 pm »
Perhaps a graphics reduction, using the default NW graphics. Some people I know have Potato computers and can not run the mod...
The default warband player's pc
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »
Haha, Parrot. So true.  :D

Offline PolarBeats

• Sergeant Major
  • To tyrants never yield.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Emperor PolarBeats II of the 1stGBE
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2015, 10:33:39 pm »
Haha, Parrot. So true.  :D

Indeed very true, but when I attend events I would enjoy having all my regiment have fun not having to deal with them crashing. The old textures weren't bad, so maybe an alternative download would be nice. SD vs HD

Offline Sandford

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg Honor Ojczyzna
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Rotmistrz_Sandford
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2015, 11:08:46 pm »
Thought it would be best to post this here. If anybody has any bugs or solutions to them, please contribute to this FAQ and Fixes thread I made on the Workshop page! The "DLC is missing" error is the most prevalent, so if there are any solutions to that or any other problems you may have had, please put them there so others know! Also, in providing solutions, provide sources if possible!
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/441978710/523890681411533781/

That is one useful link!

Thanks! I mentioned in the introductory paragraph that if you guys would care to, feel free to modify and pin the thread incase there's some input you can provide or so people can make it more visible. I still saw people posting about the same problems and that would often bury it :P

I posted a fix for the "DLC not found" error the installer gives players. Hope that helps.
As for changes, perhaps something about the amount of bot teamkilling in CB would be nice, unless it is intentional to get players to use the "Fire at my command" order, along with being better about their positioning. If it's intentional, then by all means, please leave it as is.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2015, 11:24:15 pm »
I have a suggestion for the 1.1 patch: Add in the musicians swords that the musicians had in version 0.5.

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 02:13:47 am »
Remove tking in commander battle. I can see that you guys were attempting to give realism to have tk on, but really it only lead to events that look just plain stupid. Plus it removes the use of using the five square formation, which is very useful against cav.

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 04:17:22 am »
Remove tking in commander battle. I can see that you guys were attempting to give realism to have tk on, but really it only lead to events that look just plain stupid. Plus it removes the use of using the five square formation, which is very useful against cav.
Tking is controlled by the admins. Weather they want it on for realism or turn it off due to some idiot always placing his friendly troops behind his own and leaving them on 'fire at will'. Its preference and is already changeable.

Offline Brookesy

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 08:38:36 am »
Musicians in commander battle  8)

Offline Siberian Cossack

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Siberian_Cossack
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 05:01:01 pm »
I think that the speed of reloading revolvers should be changed. Because it is very fast reloading for capsule revolvers. Real-time loading of capsule revolver takes up more 50 seconds. And if it will be in the future, I would like it see some changes in animation of loading revolver.  ;)