Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 527476 times)

Offline Big Pete

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #4650 on: December 28, 2018, 01:22:09 pm »
I bet ceiling is ruined and dirty because immigrants shat on it with their acidic shit.
And Russian subway probably just looks good on pictures and there is a lot of dirty stuff in every corner you look, thats how things are in Russia usually.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4651 on: December 28, 2018, 03:20:48 pm »
The Moscow subway looks good because the Russian government pomps a shitload of money into the city. Far more than other cities or especially the more rural regions of Russia, which co-incidentally are usually the regions where the natural wealth comes from. Wouldn't want a revolution to break out in your capital city, of course.   ::)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: December 28, 2018, 04:58:22 pm »

Looks like a genuine dystopian nightmare.
Litterally the most stupid video I've ever seen. It looks like any normal major city subway station, literally nothing to write home about.

Really? Compare

Well tbf we have a lot of issues in Sweden but we're still pretty much the best country in the world to live in.
Unfortunately we've been going downhill for the last 10 years thanks to shitty politicians.

Obviously biased opinion.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4653 on: December 28, 2018, 05:12:05 pm »
Well tbf we have a lot of issues in Sweden but we're still pretty much the best country in the world to live in.
Unfortunately we've been going downhill for the last 10 years thanks to shitty politicians.

Obviously biased opinion.

If we're looking at it objectively it's probably Switzerland, or maybe Australia. Sweden has long had dodgy politicians though (it took you until the 1970s to end your state eugenics programme!) it's not just the last 10 years.

The Moscow subway looks good because the Russian government pomps a shitload of money into the city. Far more than other cities or especially the more rural regions of Russia, which co-incidentally are usually the regions where the natural wealth comes from. Wouldn't want a revolution to break out in your capital city, of course.   ::)

The same could be said for just about every capital city lol.

The Moscow subway was built by the Soviet rather than the Russian government anyhow, back when Stalin wanted to make Moscow a more befitting imperial capital. I think the Soviets obsessed over the design because the actual railway was mostly built by contracted British engineers.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #4654 on: December 28, 2018, 11:29:45 pm »
In combination with the recent non-stop terrorist attacks and rioting, it's not hard to see why Paris' tourism has taken a nose-dive.

Paris has had non-stop protests for a long time now. Not just recent years. France is a protesting country and Paris the protesting capital.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: December 28, 2018, 11:50:45 pm »
It's literally impossible to cross France and not be at some point victim of a strike or protest. Basic fact that anyone living next to France knows.

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: December 29, 2018, 02:49:18 am »
Paris has had non-stop protests for a long time now. Not just recent years. France is a protesting country and Paris the protesting capital.

And yet the French government does not consider declaring a state of emergency for each of those protests. In fact, we're a bit beyond a mere 'protest' now - that is unless the hundreds of masked men who were looting and fighting with authorities in the streets were protesting private property rights.

It's literally impossible to cross France and not be at some point victim of a strike or protest. Basic fact that anyone living next to France knows.

Well, that's nice. I personally couldn't give less of a shit about France, I just take delight in observing the many failures of sinking ''mainland'' European countries.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 02:54:33 am by HaroldW »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: December 29, 2018, 01:58:15 pm »
And yet the French government does not consider declaring a state of emergency for each of those protests

Why would they?

Well, that's nice. I personally couldn't give less of a shit about France, I just take delight in observing the many failures of sinking ''mainland'' European countries.  :)

But you are acting like this is some sort of new thing. It's not. It's pretty standard and hardly comparable to the must more violent latter half of the 20th century. Especially in France, where the army was still doing coups in the 1960s. Stop pretending there was some sort of golden age and we're now only in decline.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: December 29, 2018, 11:39:21 pm »
Ugh why can't people stop making such a fuss about ISIS. Their terror attacks in France are insignificant.

The London and Madrid Bombings, those were terror attacks that could bear the slightest form of significance.
Terror threats in recent years have been so fucking small... and the media loses their fucking minds when someone in Paris tries to stab a soldier near the Louvre, getting shot in the process.

Can people not see that ISIS holds no true power, never has and whatever it is they're planning is not going to destabilise any government, ever.

IT's getting tiring. And now people alledgedly avoid Paris because of terrorism?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: December 31, 2018, 03:20:26 am »
Well, that's all well and good, but where's The Wallâ„¢?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: December 31, 2018, 01:52:10 pm »
The Democrats will probably keep this going for a long time. It is a principle issue with them, and pretty much the only thing ever that will cause a united party.

I personally expect that at some point the Republicans will put their own pressure on Trump to let the idea of the wall slide.
But to be fair, I am not sure you can expect Trump to back away from this ridiculous idea.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: December 31, 2018, 02:16:17 pm »
And in just a few days, the Republicans will lose their majority in the House anyway. Good luck getting anything done at all by that point.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: December 31, 2018, 04:13:58 pm »
I can already feel the campaign adds coming.    Pro Trump adds will talk about how it is desperately needed while the anti trump adds will say not only is it not necessary, but what happened to making mexico pay for it.  All of those rallies and other political statements about making mexico pay for it, then he shuts the government down(which he said he would own) until we pay for it.  The add basically writes itself.  Its going to be a fun 2 years.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: December 31, 2018, 04:53:47 pm »
And the demise of The American Empire looms closer still.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4664 on: December 31, 2018, 09:32:11 pm »
Probably inevitable, but I am unsure if most nations are truly prepared for the global repercussions. Even as one who hopes the fall of empire could facilitate some form of regional balkanization, I am not silly enough to posit it would not foster a period of very hard times.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story