Author Topic: Elsse and Python's Tournament - 4v4 - 1st. OldGuard | 2nd. TZ0 | 3rd. Bully  (Read 18182 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Elsse and Python's Tournament - 4v4 Tournament - 8th of March [18/20]
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2020, 11:35:26 pm »
I'd like to apologize to everybody who has been disappointed, well, basically 90% of the players I guess. Remember that I'm not the only host.
Many things happened, from the fact that Coco delayed a group for 30 minutes for no apparent reason and that the refs who were taking group C didn't told me at all until I ask at the end of my groupstage "How is going on Group C ?". Then the restart of the server 2 who apparently ruined the group of Mage's Guild, apologize, server 2 was supposed to be correctly set up as Wursti told me. It isn't his fault tho. And last point, the bracket problem which might be the most important one. I tried to rectify this as it is, normally, decided with the points but the fact is that every referees began to play their matches as soon as they came on the server and everytime I was asking something to Python/he was asking something to me he was taking so many time or needed my confirmation to post it in the chat which led to the point that it was even more too late to rearrange the things up. I effectively tried and most of the people disagreed, so I let it as it was.
For my first tournament I expected the things not to be perfect, obviously, but I have to recognize that it was diappointing.
Many mistakes were done and obviously I'm forced to understand your disappointment as it is logical.

I've seen fish with broader shoulders than you.
He's french what u expect....

Jokes aside, elsse relax mate... Most people would have made the same decisions.... Theres a lot of new referees about at the minute and unfortunately the only way to run a tourny smoothly is strictly....
Ryan shouldn't you be necking back some guinness with mac and techno rn? Get off fse please!!!

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2020, 11:35:54 pm »
Firstly, I would like to say I am also responsible for what happened with the tournament as I was also a host.

With the tournament finished, the results are as followed:

1st: OldGuard

2nd: Tz0

3rd: Bully

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2020, 11:36:15 pm »
The majority of people moaning about the hosting are usually brain dead af and wouldn't be able to do even half the job you have. Wasn't perfect, but tbh no tournament ever is.

Ty for hosting Elsse and Pitton, and gg all  :)

Offline DOMI

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PR_Curtis
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2020, 11:37:04 pm »
gg was a pleasure

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2020, 11:37:51 pm »
elsse might need one of those heart monitor things gerher had round his arm in the ger vs eng match because his stress levels were very high during this tourny  ;D
Stress level ? I would say pissed off level to be honest. My steam was about to crash because of all the messages I was receiving in the middle of the gf.
Well, it would be a shame to not admitt that I was kinda caring about how the tournament was going on.
DW I'm not gonna suicide, atm i will just watch Teletubbies in my bed with my cat in between my legs!
yes I would do that  ;D ;D

Offline Hypno

• First Lieutenant
  • ENG 2015, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 | Buttery Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2020, 11:37:58 pm »
elsse might need one of those heart monitor things gerher had round his arm in the ger vs eng match because his stress levels were very high during this tourny  ;D
Stress level ? I would say pissed off level to be honest. My steam was about to crash because of all the messages I was receiving in the middle of the gf.
Well, it would be a shame to not admitt that I was kinda caring about how the tournament was going on.
DW I'm not gonna suicide, atm i will just watch Teletubbies in my bed with my cat in between my legs!

Don't concern yourself with the opinions of these nerds. Thanks for hosting :)
GG to everybody who played in it. Was a great match to watch and surely an incredibly intense one to play. Hypnos beginner luck turned it around.
get out of here jack i wanna cum

Offline Anubis.

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anoobis
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2020, 11:39:01 pm »
Was a nice tourney indeed. Nice to see the groupstages to be so close. Hasnt been like that in a while.

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2020, 11:43:55 pm »
The tournament was very smooth for the most part, the map was nice, the brackets were a lot closer than normal and in general, good job :)

Offline Coco.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2020, 11:45:11 pm »
I want to thx Elsse and Python for the tournament  ;)

One point about myself taking 30 mins it's just I was waiting for Normanguy to restart his computer when Mages asked me to vs Tzo and if no they didn't had 4 so that was normal. Moreover, Cyoks called Animals vs Cyoks when I was referring Tzo vs Mages so how we can play that match at the same time when we were 4 on the server with myself, I can't ref and play one match and play in another at the same time that's just logic....  ::)
27.0p - Giorno
30.0p - HiReaper
Tier 3 Horse

Tier 5 Mikey

Tournesol

« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2020, 11:50:44 pm »
The tournament was very smooth for the most part, the map was nice, the brackets were a lot closer than normal and in general, good job :)

+1

gg guys

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2020, 11:56:12 pm »
map changes mid round

rOuNd VoId

elsse just cuz u hate tzo and want them to lose u decide to void that round? it isn't fair to give it default to any team either, why not just continue with the same people dead that were dead before the map switched? tzo were 4v2, we were 4v3 - how is it fair to change that into two 4v4s? especially as our match score was 4 - 4. braindead decision making based on the fact u wanted tzo to lose.

Although I didn't see the whole situation, i understand your frustration and a round void is somewhat unfair, although in all past tournaments, no matter the situation, we have always voided the round. Obviously stopping the mapchange in the first place would be the best, but i checked and pretty sure the map time was on max, so it was either a glitch or the server was put up a while before the actual start and the map wasn't restarted.
In that particular context, considering tz0 lost, mages would have gone through if they lost anyways but that's besides the point I understand.

Spoiler
map changes mid round

rOuNd VoId

elsse just cuz u hate tzo and want them to lose u decide to void that round? it isn't fair to give it default to any team either, why not just continue with the same people dead that were dead before the map switched? tzo were 4v2, we were 4v3 - how is it fair to change that into two 4v4s? especially as our match score was 4 - 4. braindead decision making based on the fact u wanted tzo to lose.
A complete void is fairest, otherwise the team with the advantage is so much stronger as they get to reset where they are stood... Whereas people in the team with less people might have been about to get a kill anyway and make it even numbers... If that makes sense? It does in my head anyway

Spoiler
[close]
we were killing another player too, had them in a corner and about to win the round.

map changes mid round

rOuNd VoId

We discusses this when it happened in tournaments before, it's always been the decision to void the round completely if this stupid mistake happens. It won't be changed, always void if this happens.

interesting that you say that because I recall a sword tournament (was either with chimpz or pb) where the map changed during a round and you wanted to continue from where it was rather than void it. doesn't matter if that is the precedent, it is not fair in a module where getting a pick makes it easy to continue with the advantage and win the round.
[close]

Ellse doesnt hate Tz0, he even changed the tourney rules to let Tz0 go through the groupstages, so Tz0 definitly cant complain this tournament. Cyoks can massively critize the tourney though. Also if you choose to follow challonge cazadores should have gotten the 1st place. Also lets not play the tourney on the only server in nw where i get 100 ping for some reason!

well considering Tiebreaks are more significant than points, tz0 rightfully went through according to challonge, similar to the situation with OutKast and CIS in GroupD I think it was. I think we got confused with how challonge works since there has never been a tiebreak situation like this before to my knowledge...

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
Can everyone stop complaining and insulting each other. People might be pissed off. But remember above all else. It’s a game. Fricking nerds. Chill the heck out.

Offline Artista.

• Captain
  • Ex. 47th, 66th, 85e, 15thYR, Nr12, K-KA,92nd Gren.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~Artista~
Can everyone stop complaining and insulting each other. People might be pissed off. But remember above all else. It’s a game. Fricking nerds. Chill the heck out.
yeah me hertz dren n maurice laughed ourselves in ts through out the tourny, we never rly got toxic despite the situation we were in
vegi is literally the worst of the worst in this community.

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2020, 12:36:33 am »
I'd like to apologize to everybody who has been disappointed, well, basically 90% of the players I guess. Remember that I'm not the only host.
Many things happened, from the fact that Coco delayed a group for 30 minutes for no apparent reason and that the refs who were taking group C didn't told me at all until I ask at the end of my groupstage "How is going on Group C ?". Then the restart of the server 2 who apparently ruined the group of Mage's Guild, apologize, server 2 was supposed to be correctly set up as Wursti told me. It isn't his fault tho. And last point, the bracket problem which might be the most important one. I tried to rectify this as it is, normally, decided with the points but the fact is that every referees began to play their matches as soon as they came on the server and everytime I was asking something to Python/he was asking something to me he was taking so many time or needed my confirmation to post it in the chat which led to the point that it was even more too late to rearrange the things up. I effectively tried and most of the people disagreed, so I let it as it was.
For my first tournament I expected the things not to be perfect, obviously, but I have to recognize that it was diappointing.
Many mistakes were done and obviously I'm forced to understand your disappointment as it is logical.

I've seen fish with broader shoulders than you.
He's french what u expect....

Jokes aside, elsse relax mate... Most people would have made the same decisions.... Theres a lot of new referees about at the minute and unfortunately the only way to run a tourny smoothly is strictly....
Ryan shouldn't you be necking back some guinness with mac and techno rn? Get off fse please!!!
Ye mate I'm fucking blind hahaha up the Ra

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
Server 2 had aged a million years by the time the group stage ended, server 1 had a good time wtf