Author Topic: NWL - League 1 [Post results here!]  (Read 175347 times)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NWL - League 1
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 11:45:42 pm »
Ok, i'm going to take the bait here. That isn't even the round when he got oa'd the two occasions are here But anyway, again I don't think it really matters, this is all a bit unnecessary, You won fair and square, you played well and that should be that.
[close]
I'm just posting here because I have nothing better to do on a Wednesday evening.

3. No officer aiming. This only regards the player in the officer class.
  3.1 Officer aiming is only true in the following situations;
    Shot whilst marching ahead of the line.
    Shot whilst ranged combat and not within 5 man spacing of the original line.

Kaide was closer than 5-man spacing, even in the video he says 3 which might be a bit too much. No officer aim occurred, go learn the rules.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 12:03:21 am »
Ok, i'm going to take the bait here. That isn't even the round when he got oa'd the two occasions are here But anyway, again I don't think it really matters, this is all a bit unnecessary, You won fair and square, you played well and that should be that.
[close]
I'm just posting here because I have nothing better to do on a Wednesday evening.

Kaide was closer than 5-man spacing, even in the video he says 3 which might be a bit too much. No officer aim occurred, go learn the rules.

Yeah ngl but new refs need to have a second (more experienced ref) or something with them, at least for their first few matches reffing, just to make sure they are doing things properly. An indecisive or naive ref can be a game changer.

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 12:17:38 am »
[close]

Fair enough :P

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 12:27:53 am »

Yeah ngl but new refs need to have a second (more experienced ref) or something with them, at least for their first few matches reffing, just to make sure they are doing things properly. An indecisive or naive ref can be a game changer.

I'd say that overall regardless of the OA calls VonBergen did a good job and that it was a nice 1v1 to be in, split second calls like that are difficult.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:31:07 am by Krytenn »

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 12:28:24 am »
[close]

Fair enough :P

Obvious OA imo, twice, by the same guy. gg. Never aim for the guys closest to the officer and these discussions will cease to exist.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:30:09 am by Carolusrex »

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 12:30:32 am »
I get shot by 6te when i was stoping my line and we agreed that´s not OA . :) Rules are law

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 12:39:59 am »

Obvious OA imo, twice, by the same guy. gg. Never aim for the guys closest to the officer and these discussions will cease to exist.

Good advice, yeah maybe they were. But again I ain't mad, the 66pp won fair and square.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 12:50:30 am »
[close]

I watched the video and being a league 1 match the quality of that was disappointing at best and must have pissed 66pp off to no ends.

Offline Munj

• Second Lieutenant
  • Steam name: [63e] Munj
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_Cpt_Munj
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 12:54:07 am »

I'd say that overall regardless of the OA calls VonBergen did a good job and that it was a nice 1v1 to be in, split second calls like that are difficult.

This point wasn't really aimed at VonBergen solely, it's just the case that with a lot of new refs being accepted and most of them being quite new to the reffing side of competitive 1v1s, it would make sense for a sort of 'induction' phase where they are monitored in their first few match by experienced refs, so as to uphold the consistency of the solid and objective reffing that makes the nwl such a competitive tournament each year. With regards to carolus's point about the OAs being intentional, I would say that while certainly one of them does look rather suspicious, in general even if an OA occurs, unless the circumstances of the OA actually breaks the rules (I.e. The Officer was 5 man spacing or more from his line when shot), then the rules should be adhered to and there should be no punishment, regardless of whether the OA in question was intentional or not. At the end of the day if the officer is right next to, behind, or in the middle of his line then he is fair game (according to the rules), even if it is not the most sporting thing to do.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:00:51 am by Munj »

Offline Krytenn

• First Lieutenant
  • 59th_Col_Krytenn
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 01:36:38 am »
Yeah admin some sort of admin/ referee mentoring/ induction might be a good idea would be interesting to see what the other admins/referee's think.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 02:26:26 am »
There is a larger rule break my friends. Krytenn double posted. I propose a permanent ban

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 03:12:01 am »
Toffee as per usual is only useful to spread autism
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 09:14:20 am »
[close]

I watched the video and being a league 1 match the quality of that was disappointing at best and must have pissed 66pp off to no ends.
It's always the way it's been for a lot of league 1 matches unfortunately.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 09:53:28 am »
Ok, i'm going to take the bait here. That isn't even the round when he got oa'd the two occasions are here at 1min 15 secs and 30mins 30seconds But anyway, again I don't think it really matters, this is all a bit unnecessary, You won fair and square, you played well and that should be that.

I just wanted to state that 1:30 is really really hard to tell since a few seconds earlier 59th was still moving. But basically Officer was too close to the line and a charge was following a second anyways. 30:30 was no OA, Kaide was obviously too close to the line.

Offline Von Bergen

• Best Kindergarten Teacher EU West
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
    • 23rd Ts
  • Nick: Jay Mc Lovin
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:38 am »
Just to point that out here: I am fine with the idea of letting an experienced ref helping me as an unexperienced ref. In Fact this was my second match i reffed in nwl and after the first one both teams were really happy with me.
I am sad that this match lead to such a disscusion.
Nevertheless i accept that this two decisions of me in this match maybe werent right, i have to state that none of them was a game changer. The 66pp won both rounds that were resetted anyway. I hope everyone understands how difficult it is to analyse various possible rule breaks in the less of a few seconds before the charge. I just wanted to keep the atmosphere fair and clean.
As said before multiple times, i will learn from this and if anyone experienced ref is willing to assist me in the next match i wont regret him.
After all i just hope people dont see me as a bad ref overall now