Author Topic: Need to repost for room + removing comments  (Read 30333 times)

Offline Cage

• Major
    • View Profile
    • 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Nick: Former 8th Cpt.
  • Side: Union
Re: ♞ Hussars Rated ♞ Active EU Only
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 11:19:27 pm »
uhm Rival is Welsh helo?  ??? ???

Offline Tulkas

• First Sergeant
  • Admin on Cavalry Groupfighting & EU [KGL]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_Cpl_Tulkas
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 11:19:35 pm »
Where is Kinoe in the TOP Spain !??? He is 100 !!

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 11:20:27 pm »
Spoiler
I believe some Scandinavian players are missing, some in the 16e like Olof and Bamse. Or Rhen, although he isn't playing anymore. Scott from the 84th is pretty good. I also just realised that all the Scandinavian's you put down are Norwegians... what about the Danes or Swedes- surely they must have at least one person above 80 and what about Finland? 

Also how are points awarded? Becuase right now its just random numbers with no explenation to how the "rank" points are awarded which makes the ranking pretty worthless.

I don't know many Scandinavian nor did I have anyone other than Andros to help me with them, the ranks are awarded on How you perform in Tournaments / 1v1s and Cav GF (Dismounted 1v1, Mounted 1v1, And Groupfight Skill)

16e Olof and Bamse will be taken into consideration for the update. Rhen is not cause he is inactive

Stephan did you fall down the stairs again?

You put yourself 1 point above Clausewitz. Please remove this thread.

Clausewitz is inactive, when he has a new PC he will most likely go up

You still haven't explained what the points mean just how you could potentially earn them. Its still just random numbers where the highest 97 out of what? What is the lowest?

It might be me who just have a flawed logic but nothing on the thread explains properly how the point system works. Do I get 1 point for performing well in a tournament or as many matches I performed well in the tournament. Do I get 1 point for winning a 1v1 or is it based on kills? I mean if it was based on your k/d ratio on cav gf or 1v1's or in tournaments collectively- well that's damn hard to get ahold of. Furthermore, many of these players have been playing for many years, excuse me, but I don't think you, of all, don't have enough experience to rank the current active ones.

This then is currently yours and Shadey's opinion of how people are rated and in that case I'm honoured to have made the list even.
PS- Rival is English.
[close]

If you’d read the thread, you’d see we’ve asked many people their opinions on what people should be ranked. We tried to make it as unbiased as possible by doing this. The list as it is can change and will change. Having the thread visible to everyone now opens it up for discussion, so people can challenge the ratings. Please stop trying to nit pick at something that we made for fun.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 11:22:43 pm »
I'm just gonna leave it here, another time:

This is nothing concrete to go by. Nor do we intend it to be that way, it's a fun way to get the community to perhaps talk about who we think is above whom. This is just a starting point and can be changed anytime

We simply had fun making this, so we decided to make it public. It was a fun little project :) And we'd love to continue it.

All Suggestions / Criticism etc is ofcourse welcome, aslong as we can keep it civil there is no problem with differing opinions. We can change the list accordingly to the communities vision overtime (hopefully)

Offline Caylor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr3_Wtm_Caylor
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 11:22:51 pm »
I have a few issues considering this list.

By far the biggest problem is that a list created by a handful of people is unreliable and not depicting the community as a whole.
Also me not denying the skill of the people leading the scoreboard, it is still suspicious that most of the creators are leading their nations.
This to me personally seems that this list was not created to depict the current situation in the community but to strengthen the self esteem of some individuals.

The only proper solution i can come up with is making fair tournaments where the actual skill is the decisive factor of gaining reputation and acknowledgment, as it has always been like.
Creating a list like this will only lead to people arguing for ages with no clear results to be shown.
With this there will be people who deserve their place on this list, but won't be able to achieve anything because they simply are not known enough or do not have sufficient friends within the community.
Humans are like turtles... they cant fly!

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 11:24:20 pm »

By far the biggest problem is that a list created by a handful of people is unreliable and not depicting the community as a whole.
Also me not denying the skill of the people leading the scoreboard, it is still suspicious that most of the creators are leading their nations.
This to me personally seems that this list was not created to depict the current situation in the community but to strengthen the self esteem of some individuals.

The only proper solution i can come up with is making fair tournaments where the actual skill is the decisive factor of gaining reputation and acknowledgment, as it has always been like.
Creating a list like this will only lead to people arguing for ages with no clear results to be shown.
With this there will be people who deserve their place on this list, but won't be able to achieve anything because they simply are not known enough or do not have sufficient friends within the community.

I'm just gonna leave it here, another time:

This is nothing concrete to go by. Nor do we intend it to be that way, it's a fun way to get the community to perhaps talk about who we think is above whom. This is just a starting point and can be changed anytime

We simply had fun making this, so we decided to make it public. It was a fun little project :) And we'd love to continue it.

All Suggestions / Criticism etc is ofcourse welcome, aslong as we can keep it civil there is no problem with differing opinions. We can change the list accordingly to the communities vision overtime (hopefully)

The thread also mentions

PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS THE OPINION OF A LIMITED GROUP OF PEOPLE

a 100% accurate list is practically impossible. This isn't intended to be taken as a 100% CORRECT PIECE OF EVIDENCE THAT I AM BETTER THAN YOU!!!!

It is meant to start a discussion of who is truly the better person, this list was a starting point. Me and shadey started it for fun, decided to share it with others.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:27:08 pm by StephanGH »

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 11:28:21 pm »

"Also me not denying the skill of the people leading the scoreboard, it is still suspicious that most of the creators are leading their nations."

Creators of the list.

Stephan - 85
Shadey - 85

Hmmmm

Edit: As for the people that gave us their opinions on what people should be ranked (Dokletian, MajorMark etc). That is the rating we gave them, if you want to dispute it, do so by explaining why they shouldn't be.

Thanks  :)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:31:10 pm by Shadey »

Offline Caylor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr3_Wtm_Caylor
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »
Dokletian, Felix, Majormark, Stannis, MrSharkie, Sukesa, Soartex, Freyr, Caucasian, Andros, Piccolomini, Lorucas, Aless, Zahari
^

Stannis leading UK
Dokletian leading Germany
MajorMark leading Netherlands
Zahari leading Slavic Nations
Andros leading Scandinavia

Humans are like turtles... they cant fly!

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 11:31:50 pm »

"Also me not denying the skill of the people leading the scoreboard, it is still suspicious that most of the creators are leading their nations."

Creators of the list.

Stephan - 85
Shadey - 85

Hmmmm

What he means is the following:

Majormark - 94 (top of NL
Dokletian - 95 (top of GER
Zahari - 86 (top of Slavs
Freyr - 89 (top of Belgium

I should add however, me and Shadey agreed before we asked any of these people: Dokle is best GER, Majormark is best BNL. Freyr was actually not top of Belgium because he helped us create Belgium, we split Belgium away from BNL when we made the post, which is why he ended at the top there.

But yeah, I see his point. Which is exactly WHY WE POSTED the thread. So that we can get more opinions :)

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 11:32:28 pm »
Dokletian, Felix, Majormark, Stannis, MrSharkie, Sukesa, Soartex, Freyr, Caucasian, Andros, Piccolomini, Lorucas, Aless, Zahari
^

Stannis leading UK
Dokletian leading Germany
MajorMark leading Netherlands
Zahari leading Slavic Nations
Andros leading Scandinavia

Edit: As for the people that gave us their opinions on what people should be ranked (Dokletian, MajorMark etc). That is the rating we gave them, if you want to dispute it, do so by explaining why they shouldn't be.

Thanks  :)

Offline Wasike

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_Wasike
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 11:33:27 pm »
Pls remove lorucas and me from that list we don't feel identificated as spanish, we are CATALAN.
Nice work there by stephan.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 11:34:02 pm »
Also: Stannis didn't help rate / chose the position of any player, He simply helped us pick players for that nation. Same with Majormark, he mostly helped with France / Germany, not the BNL.

Dokletian was also more in charge of helping me know who was Active in Germany, not picking the order. Zahari is one of the few there who helped me PICK the ratings due to not knowing enough of the polish community to create an accurate start

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 11:35:47 pm »
no offense but how on earth is majormark as good as destrass?
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline Mr_Sharkie

• Second Lieutenant
  • Sharks always win wars!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [7thHuss]Cpt.Sharkie
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:51 pm »
Where is Tulkas... he is not on the list. Shadey Should be higher. Stephan Should be lower. If you want to have this, make a tournament. Otherwise this is just gonna irritate too many cavalry players. Either do a tournament or remove it. These are all assumptions by individuals. But this is a pointless list as it shows nothing and means nothing.
May the Shark be with you!

Offline Napoléon

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Napoléon
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 11:37:05 pm »
no offense but how on earth is majormark as good as destrass?

And how Harfordnoob is in and not me lel xD

Ex : IVe_45e_SLt_Napoléon
       5e_Huss_SLt_Napoléon