Author Topic: 1st Michigan Volunteer Cavalry [Disbanded]  (Read 18257 times)

Offline William Jones

• First Lieutenant
  • RG_84th_Pfc_William_Jones
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: IEC
  • Side: Neutral
1st Michigan Volunteer Cavalry [Disbanded]
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:28:19 am »

The 1st Michigan was organized at Detroit and mustered into the U.S. service Sept. 13, 1861, with an enrollment of
1,144 officers and men. It left the state Sept. 9 for Washington, D. C, and went into camp at Frederick, Md.,
where it remained several months.

It comprised a part of Gen. Banks' forces, which in Feb., 1862, moved to Harper's Ferry and later entered the
Shenandoah Valley, advancing as far as Winchester, pushing the Confederates before them. The regiment
distinguished itself in many skirmishes while advancing up the valley and companies and detachments made a number
of brilliant charges which attracted the attention of Gen. Banks and received from him complimentary mention in
orders.

The regiment remained at Williamsport until June 12, when it took part in Gen. Pope's Virginia campaign. It was in
Gen. Banks' command when he fought the battle of Cedar mountain, was engaged at Manassas, suffering severely in
that battle, and during the early months of 1863 it had several skirmishes with the enemy, losing a number in
killed and wounded.

It was then assigned to the famous Michigan cavalry brigade, consisting of the 1st, 5th, 6th and 7th regiments,
and served with the brigade until the close of the war. The Michigan Brigade fought in every major campaign of the
Army of the Potomac from the Battle of Gettysburg in July 1863 to the Confederate surrender at Appomattox Court
House in April 1865.

Officers
Col - Colonel
Maj - Major
Cpt - Captain
Lt - Lieutenant, 1st and 2nd (1Lt, 2Lt)

NCOs
SgtMaj - Sergeant Major
1stSgt- 1st Sergeant
Sgt - Sergeant
Cpl - Corporal

Enlisted
Pfc - Private First Class
Rgl - Regular
Pvt - Private
Rct - Recruit

Commanding Officers (COs)
Maj William Jones (IEC)
Cpt Ichabod Crane (Judge)
1Lt Bart Doyle (BD)

Non Commissioned Officers (NCOs)
Cpl Edward Nowell (Edward)
Cpl PepsiWonder
Enlisted:
Pfc Sean O’Keffe (Centurion)

Pvt Abe Abraham (Psycho)
Pvt Barrack O’Pringle (Pringle)
Pvt Cameron (The.Goodies)
Pvt George Custer (Shabazzled)
Pvt Irish
Pvt Limith
Pvt Mason Harrison (Menon)
Pvt Rashed Ramdan (Tom)
Pvt Thebandit
Pvt Thomas Longtree (FrisDrim)
Pvt Yoshi

Tags: 1stMI_Rank_Name

For example, 1stMI_Rct_James_Phillips

Banner: 3rd page, 1st top row and 2nd on the left

Friday: Trainings / NaS Linebattle (Maybe)

Saturday: 9:00 - 10pm: NaS Linebattle

Teamspeak:
85.236.100.85:16027

Steam Contacts:

Major William Jones (IEC)
Cpt Ichabod Crane (Judge)
1Lt Bart Doyle (BD)

Steam Group:

Videos
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaDyC1SgRsM[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOjI5ELDBgk[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nGajuIhytg[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcxRjL1X-iI[/youtube]
[close]

« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:57:47 pm by William Jones »
Former: 91st Lance Corporal | 70th Lieutenant | 17e Caporal | 78th Colour Serjeant | 84th Ensign | 1stMI Major | [RG] 84th Private First Class

Facebook: https://goo.gl/R5zjzb Twitter: https://goo.gl/1NkwDT

AeroNinja

Re: 1st Michigan Volunteer Cavalry [Reserved][EU]
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:31:19 am »
Best of luck my dear friend!

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:34:26 am »
Isnt the 1st Michigan already taken? ;)

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3202.0

Offline William Jones

• First Lieutenant
  • RG_84th_Pfc_William_Jones
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Nick: IEC
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:49:01 am »
Isnt the 1st Michigan already taken? ;)

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=3202.0
It is, but Smollett and myself want to redesign it, Arcturus is ok with it. It's so that we can re-edit and keep it up-to-date etc. If that makes sense.
Former: 91st Lance Corporal | 70th Lieutenant | 17e Caporal | 78th Colour Serjeant | 84th Ensign | 1stMI Major | [RG] 84th Private First Class

Facebook: https://goo.gl/R5zjzb Twitter: https://goo.gl/1NkwDT

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:04:47 pm »
The roster was always out of date xD have fun with this thread and make it epic!

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 12:21:58 pm »
New updated thread, nice! :-*

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »
Good luck!

Offline Smollett

• Sergeant Major
  • 84th_Col_Smollett
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smollett
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 02:03:36 am »
1stMI, always best MI :)

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 11:25:26 am »

agreed, and I'm glad to see we have removed the tyrant from ownership of the 1stMI thread
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 04:12:24 pm »

agreed, and I'm glad to see we have removed the tyrant from ownership of the 1stMI thread

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »

Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile