Poll

Should the CR Role be Kept or Discarded?

Keep
Discard
Change

Author Topic: Should the CR Role be Kept or Discarded?  (Read 817 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Should the CR Role be Kept or Discarded?
« on: January 21, 2023, 08:03:47 pm »
Hello everyone. As I imagine we all have noticed and I certainly have over the last few years the CR role has not been used effectively really if at all and I don't really see much benefit for users or forum staff anymore to continue with the role. But as this is your forums as well I'd like you all to vote and decide whether you'd like to keep the role or get rid of it. Please feel free to discuss below but keep this on topic and I'll add a poll shortly.

If you'd like to change it please elaborate on any suggestions.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Skaen

Re: Should the CR Role be Kept or Discarded?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 08:24:44 pm »
To me CR is just a fancy "title" under the name.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 08:28:52 pm »
It realistically has been for the last couple years, but the powers the title does give in the past when the forums were busier allowed them to help out the mods at least a bit with things such as community disputes or sub-board requests. But it's very rare we have much of that now. In my 3 terms before I became mod I had a few things I was able to help out with but not that regularly so you can only imagine now several years later with activity down a fair bit how little there is now.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Skaen

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 08:32:38 pm »
Yup, couldn't agree more. A lot of people have left the forum and the game. Isn't active anymore as it used to be sadly either.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 09:00:40 pm »
gimme pls i want to abuse it while people are still here

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 10:51:47 pm »
in my two terms there hasn’t really been much for this role to offer
click here to join the 84th

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 11:22:04 pm »
As someone who was CR for 3 terms, I would say the CR Position is what you make of it. I hosted servers for regs and tournaments, helped with EGS and tried a few different things.

Will say, due to the looseness of the role, there's not a way to scrutinise and ensure people are doing what they said.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 02:33:51 pm »
As someone who was CR for 3 terms, I would say the CR Position is what you make of it. I hosted servers for regs and tournaments, helped with EGS and tried a few different things.

Will say, due to the looseness of the role, there's not a way to scrutinise and ensure people are doing what they said.
Yeah but those are just things you were either doing anyway, or didn't need the CR tag on FSE to do.

When I got CR in 2020/2021 which was my 2nd term total it was explained to me that 90% of what the role used to do is no longer needed. When I asked what the CR was expected to do, I was told "We don't know".

If even the FSE admin team doesn't know whats the point then why does it still exist? Its just too late for it now, like what would a CR even realistically do that cannot be done without it.

To use Chainsor's post as an example, it literally just says he's going to carry on hosting EGS and thats it there's nothing else to it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 06:57:23 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

David_Schrein

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 02:51:58 pm »
fwuffy ruined CR!!  :'(

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 02:52:08 pm »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 05:18:17 pm »
I think the voting says enough. CR has lost its value already some time ago if it ever had any actual value. Especially in the current state of the community, the lack of new players/regiments, a CR isnt really needed especially since we have enough active fse mods who dont need any specific help by the CR.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 06:07:29 pm »
^
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 06:16:04 pm »
People making paragraphs while it’s already decided gg
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 06:24:38 pm »

Yeah but those are just things you were either doing anyway, or didn't need the CR tag on FSE to do.

When I got CR last year which was my 2nd term total it was explained to me that 90% of what the role used to do is no longer needed. When I asked what the CR was expected to do, I was told "We don't know".

If even the FSE admin team doesn't know whats the point then why does it still exist? Its just too late for it now, like what would a CR even realistically do that cannot be done without it.

To use Chainsor's post as an example, it literally just says he's going to carry on hosting EGS and thats it there's nothing else to it.
Pretty much, I knew the election was coming up and I thought to myself realistically what can a CR do and clearly people themselves don't care for or about it anymore so it feels a waste of time and just a privileged title now. I'll leave the poll up till tomorrow anyway. Interesting we have 3 change votes yet no suggestions on how to change/improve the role.  ::)

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."