Author Topic: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09  (Read 10187 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2022, 05:21:00 am »
Wins>points

Clearly this is just people arguing for the sake of arguing and attempting two change already established fair and widely agreed on formats just for the sake of the drama. No surprises @Fietta  ::)

Ultimately its up to the tournament hosts who should decide what the format is, but if we are really invested in giving what the community wants and making it as community based as possible, why not make such a large change subject to a non binding vote? Just to see where people are on with this topic  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 05:25:31 am by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2022, 05:42:31 am »
Can you guys find a better hobby thx

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2022, 07:57:53 am »
no wonder the queen died looking at this shit format when it was posted

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:46 am »
no wonder the queen died looking at this shit format when it was posted

Gull has spoken
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2022, 10:51:06 am »
Funny thing is, I was also against rounds won originally (which you can tell in the draft thread), then I actually spent time thinking about it and determined that wins in group stage is heavily flawed. Knockouts it's fine.

I literally don’t see at all how it’s a better system, it rewards teams for being in weaker groups, rewards them for being lucky with pokes, chambers etc. and then it makes it so you can pull off a big upset but because that team has won more rounds in other unrelated matches they get to go through?

Man I’m so glad I’m not playing in this

Rewards teams for being weaker in groups? No, it does the opposite. Rewards them for being lucky with pokes, chambers etc. what?

Now you're just blabbering

You lose a round to a lucky poke or a pure luck chamber, but still win the match, however that one round adds up to knock you out on round rate to a team that won less games but more rounds.

Yes you're right, now let's pretend it's 4 - 4 and you lose the round to a lucky poke or lucky chamber. You've lost the match and rounds don't matter so those 4 rounds are worthless. At least with having 4 rounds you still have more chance of winning than a 0 - 1 match loss...

Again, you're just proving why wins are worse, keep going
answered ages ago......

btw in this way u can lose 1-3 more rounds by "luck" and u will be knocked out by luckers that win 1 more round against hashira

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2022, 11:39:15 am »
To stop any arguments we will do it based off round wins, and if on the day we deem the bracket to be in anyways fucked we will revert it and go off match wins. Sound like a compromise?

Offline Fietta

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2022, 11:41:48 am »
Funny thing is, I was also against rounds won originally (which you can tell in the draft thread), then I actually spent time thinking about it and determined that wins in group stage is heavily flawed. Knockouts it's fine.

I literally don’t see at all how it’s a better system, it rewards teams for being in weaker groups, rewards them for being lucky with pokes, chambers etc. and then it makes it so you can pull off a big upset but because that team has won more rounds in other unrelated matches they get to go through?

Rewards teams for being weaker in groups? No, it does the opposite. Rewards them for being lucky with pokes, chambers etc. what?

You lose a round to a lucky poke or a pure luck chamber, but still win the match, however that one round adds up to knock you out on round rate to a team that won less games but more rounds.

Yes you're right, now let's pretend it's 4 - 4 and you lose the round to a lucky poke or lucky chamber. You've lost the match and rounds don't matter so those 4 rounds are worthless. At least with having 4 rounds you still have more chance of winning than a 0 - 1 match loss...

answered ages ago......

btw in this way u can lose 1-3 more rounds by "luck" and u will be knocked out by luckers that win 1 more round against hashira

Same thing can happen with wins, If I'm team 1 and I beat team 2 5 - 0 (stomp), but team 2 beat a bad team 5 - 4, they could go through and my 5 rounds stomp means nothing because they got 2 wins because they won one extra round against a bad team :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:44:13 am by Fietta »

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2022, 11:46:07 am »
Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively.
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2022, 12:34:51 pm »
To stop any arguments we will do it based off round wins, and if on the day we deem the bracket to be in anyways fucked we will revert it and go off match wins. Sound like a compromise?

The draft tourney brackets wasn’t convincing enough?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fietta

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2022, 12:42:04 pm »

The draft tourney brackets wasn’t convincing enough?

That's because they were setup wrong darling, he done it based on pts diff and not pts.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2022, 12:51:37 pm »
If points difference was such a 'good' system it'd be used by now in a lot of other things, funnily enough wins is still used in almost every sport with points difference coming as a tie-breaker. All your arguments for the points/round system are literally a reverse of the arguments for the wins system. But the wins system has one major thing over points/round difference. It's a lot harder to win a match than a round, hence why the win is more significant. If you won against team A 5-0 then lost your next two matches either Team A had a rough match or you had one good one before becoming shite yourself and therefore you do not deserve to go through. Because 2 out of 3 wins is harder to achieve than 5 rounds, or one win in a match is harder than multiple rounds to achieve.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 01:02:35 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2022, 01:06:11 pm »

answered ages ago......

Same thing can happen with wins, If I'm team 1 and I beat team 2 5 - 0 (stomp), but team 2 beat a bad team 5 - 4, they could go through and my 5 rounds stomp means nothing because they got 2 wins because they won one extra round against a bad team :)
i gave you a solution above, make sure u read it properly

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2022, 01:10:06 pm »
If points difference was such a 'good' system it'd be used by now in a lot of other things, funnily enough wins is still used in almost every sport with points difference coming as a tie-breaker. All your arguments for the points/round system are literally a reverse of the arguments for the wins system. But the wins system has one major thing over points/round difference. It's a lot harder to win a match than a round, hence why the win is more significant. If you won against team A 5-0 then lost your next two matches either Team A had a rough match or you had one good one before becoming shite yourself and therefore you do not deserve to go through. Because 2 out of 3 wins is harder to achieve than 5 rounds, or one win in a match is harder than multiple rounds to achieve.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2022, 01:47:22 pm »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2022, 02:06:56 pm »
Thing with sport is that most sports use a double elimination or single elimination format, or there is an unlimited amount of points you can earn, for example in football there is no maximum points u can score in a match whereas here it’s only 5. For that reason it’s fine to use, other wise you’d have 20 points in one match and only 2 in another and it becomes a problem then.

Again. If the brackets on the day are fucked we will change it. But let’s just try something? The whole point of this series was to do unconventional tournaments to spice up the pretty boring gf scene rn so let’s stop the crying and just see how it is?
Cool thx