Author Topic: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09  (Read 10461 times)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ATS | 6v6 Classic Tournament | 25.09
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2022, 02:09:58 pm »
Thing with sport is that most sports use a double elimination or single elimination format, or there is an unlimited amount of points you can earn, for example in football there is no maximum points u can score in a match whereas here it’s only 5. For that reason it’s fine to use, other wise you’d have 20 points in one match and only 2 in another and it becomes a problem then.

Again. If the brackets on the day are fucked we will change it. But let’s just try something? The whole point of this series was to do unconventional tournaments to spice up the pretty boring gf scene rn so let’s stop the crying and just see how it is?
Cool thx
Classic tournament with retarded point system won't make gf scene less boring  :)
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2022, 02:10:50 pm »
You say 'lets just try something' but both this series and others have done it in the past, so far it's always gone shite and ended up reverting for that reason. Doing more test runs will only lead to the same results, this is quite literally the definition of insanity. Doing unconventional tournaments doesn't mean you should just use retarded formats for the fun of it. 'Unconventional tournaments' btw, 'Classic 6v6' teehee.

EDIT: MarxeiL beat me to it the rat.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2022, 02:14:04 pm »
People cry about anything, just play and do well and you won't have an issue! 'retarded formats' give me a break

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2022, 02:20:15 pm »
You say 'lets just try something' but both this series and others have done it in the past, so far it's always gone shite and ended up reverting for that reason. Doing more test runs will only lead to the same results, this is quite literally the definition of insanity. Doing unconventional tournaments doesn't mean you should just use retarded formats for the fun of it. 'Unconventional tournaments' btw, 'Classic 6v6' teehee.

Ye I see ur point but in my opinion it will make group-stages far more competitive since every round counts. Which is ultimately something I want to see.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2022, 02:33:47 pm »
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2022, 02:35:05 pm »
You're a wise fool
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2022, 02:37:56 pm »

Cheers for that Alf

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2022, 03:03:46 pm »

Ye I see ur point but in my opinion it will make group-stages far more competitive since every round counts. Which is ultimately something I want to see.
'Far more competitive' is definitely an over-statement. Quite often 'good' teams will lose a few rounds to any old teams if they underestimate them or just start not playing properly as they believe them to not be a challenge where as against a middle-ground or lower-good team they then go full tryhard. So the worse team gets a 5-3 but the better team gets a  5-0 against the same opponent due to the mentality of NW players/teams. That won't change so the middle to lower-good teams could easily be done in by such a system whilst shite teams make it one more round only to be ruined in the knockouts. That's not more competitive it's delaying the inevitable. :)

To be clear I don't believe it'll effect the very top teams, your Renegades or RT's but other 'good' teams will lose out due to the poor mentality from a lot of top/better players.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:07:06 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2022, 03:59:31 pm »
You are all beneath me, hence forth i should decide, wins is for alphas because only winners win.... and losers like yourselvses lose.

if a good team loses 3x 4-5 then it's their fault for not being good enough to WIN lol :)))))

Spoiler
to be a winner like myself and not one of these round-bums check out achillesmeleeacademy.com use promo code "WINNERS" for 99% discount.
--https://youtu.be/EpVOndGAA8A for the organisers..

Kind Regards
Goat
[close]

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2022, 04:11:06 pm »
You are all beneath me, hence forth i should decide, wins is for alphas because only winners win.... and losers like yourselvses lose.

if a good team loses 3x 4-5 then it's their fault for not being good enough to WIN lol :)))))

Spoiler
to be a winner like myself and not one of these round-bums check out achillesmeleeacademy.com use promo code "WINNERS" for 99% discount.

Kind Regards
Goat
[close]
Watch your heel
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2022, 04:53:31 pm »

Spoiler

Kind Regards
Goat
[close]

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2022, 04:59:04 pm »

'Far more competitive' is definitely an over-statement. Quite often 'good' teams will lose a few rounds to any old teams if they underestimate them or just start not playing properly as they believe them to not be a challenge where as against a middle-ground or lower-good team they then go full tryhard. So the worse team gets a 5-3 but the better team gets a  5-0 against the same opponent due to the mentality of NW players/teams. That won't change so the middle to lower-good teams could easily be done in by such a system whilst shite teams make it one more round only to be ruined in the knockouts. That's not more competitive it's delaying the inevitable. :)

To be clear I don't believe it'll effect the very top teams, your Renegades or RT's but other 'good' teams will lose out due to the poor mentality from a lot of top/better players.
The real problem is the amount of tournament format from 5v5 to 8v8 so basically your team need to have 8 good players to win a 8v8 but in a 5v5 you have 3 "good player" lock in spec. So to have a perfect competitive scene you need to just have 5v5 format with no player on the bench like csgo etc and you will have like 6 good team playing for the win.

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2022, 06:56:08 pm »
vallah billah wins>points and its not even close, everyone knows that inclusive blitz and fietta even tho they wont want to say

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2022, 06:57:47 pm »
vallah billah wins>points and its not even close, everyone knows that inclusive blitz and fietta even tho they wont want to say
Literally what I said (so it's true) before my comments were deleted #HeteroBashing
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2022, 07:08:57 pm »
Haha funny gay joke omg so unique.