Author Topic: ATS | 8v8 Draft Tournament | 18.09  (Read 16292 times)

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ATS | Draft Tournament | 18.09
« Reply #285 on: September 19, 2022, 12:36:23 am »
Points over wins is a retarded mentality it's a ft5 format and the precedent is set that each team is fighting to be the first to 5 rounds. Having been one of the teams that only won two matches and went through to the final stage it felt morally wrong to see rulers team below Stockholms in the final standings and I'm disappointed in Blitzkrieg for making this decision.

I disagree with the points decision and believe the organisers should have clarified this drastic change in challonge standings before hosting the tournament to avoid confusion and anger from the resulting aftermath caused.

On the other hand it's a meme tournament and a shit format that needs to be put in the bin, id rather be playing in a Marxeil randomized tourney with an MM team then a tournament where completely devoid of logic captains get their teams helped out because they made shit decisions in the buying phase.

Please don't host one of these again.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #286 on: September 19, 2022, 12:37:11 am »
I’ve commented that I am gonna use points in both leaders chats over the last two tournaments

Also players was only added due to teams not having enough players. Yeah ok that’s their fault but I’d rather not force people to do 8v7 or even 8v6.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 12:40:18 am by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline Crush

• First Lieutenant
  • Retirement is finally done.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crusher
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #287 on: September 19, 2022, 12:37:48 am »
Points over wins is a retarded mentality it's a ft5 format and the precedent is set that each team is fighting to be the first to 5 rounds. Having been one of the teams that only won two matches and went through to the final stage it felt morally wrong to see rulers team below Stockholms in the final standings and I'm disappointed in Blitzkrieg for making this decision.

I disagree with the points decision and believe the organisers should have clarified this drastic change in challonge standings before hosting the tournament to avoid confusion and anger from the resulting aftermath caused.

On the other hand it's a meme tournament and a shit format that needs to be put in the bin, id rather be playing in a Marxeil randomized tourney with an MM team then a tournament where completely devoid of logic captains get their teams helped out because they made shit decisions in the buying phase.

facts

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #288 on: September 19, 2022, 12:38:56 am »

facts

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Plushka

• Major
  • I love ce4b
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RUS_plushka
« Reply #290 on: September 19, 2022, 12:39:08 am »

facts
Я выйграл eic а фолька нет!
Фолька pider !

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #291 on: September 19, 2022, 12:39:39 am »

maybe some time later we will win one more randomised tournament 8)

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2022, 12:43:17 am »
I’ve commented that I am gonna use points in both leaders chats over the last two tournaments

Also players was only added due to teams not having enough players. Yeah ok that’s their fault but I’d rather not force people to do 8v7 or even 8v6.

That's why you added TheDead to your team when you had one person in spec

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 19, 2022, 12:44:27 am »

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #294 on: September 19, 2022, 12:47:23 am »

he was added along with the "missed players" and was done to balance the more retarded cpts. all in all those choices really didn't affect the balance that much.

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #295 on: September 19, 2022, 12:48:48 am »
ok but why in the actual fuck would you do that in the first place
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 19, 2022, 12:49:02 am »

he was added along with the "missed players" and was done to balance the more retarded cpts. all in all those choices really didn't affect the balance that much.
marxeils tournaments balanced much more than this one

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #297 on: September 19, 2022, 12:51:14 am »

The essence of the tournament is that the captains themselves would buy players. If they made mistakes, it's their fault.
TheDead was in first place on the server in the final, you mean he didn't affect the balance?

Offline flo

• Second Lieutenant
  • Eat my baguette| Seals 6 | 45thN
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2022, 12:52:12 am »
seriously one if not the worst organized tournament i have attended to.

1st: forget players to put on the auction which caused several major imbalances

2nd: servers werent set up properly, python had to deactivate cav and other troll units himself without being host

3rd: challonge got rigged. its no problem to make mistakes setting it up but thats 5min work at maximum to set up a new challonge with the right setting. instead you decided to continue without correcting it which is the worst you can do.
if it wasnt for flo id have had a fantastic tournament. I hope he doesnt have a compilation

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #299 on: September 19, 2022, 12:54:02 am »

The essence of the tournament is that the captains themselves would buy players. If they made mistakes, it's their fault.
TheDead was in first place on the server in the final, you mean he didn't affect the balance?

xd sus