16 (18.8%)
Tiered Randomized Tournament IV
18 (21.2%)
Regular 5v5 or 6v6
17 (20%)
Fantasy Teams | One day tournament
34 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: What's next tournament to host? [POLL]  (Read 1515 times)

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
What's next tournament to host? [POLL]
« on: July 03, 2022, 05:12:00 pm »

Feel free to take part in a poll and discussion below, also feel free to propose any kind of tournaments you guys want.
I'm planning to make polls after every tournament I host, so take this seriously, please.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
Re: What's next tournament to host? [POLL]
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 07:13:22 pm »
I think if you do a protect the king tournament you should augment the stats of the "king" to make them tankier than their teammates.

It's possible to edit the stats of different troops serverside, meaning you could change the ironflesh value to give them more HP (each ironflesh is +2 HP):

The base value is 3, which can be raised up to 10, +7 being 14 extra HP. I don't know if you can exceed the 10 limit, that would have to be tested if you wanted to.

Additionally, all troops are using the "def_attrib_multiplayer", which as you can see below is equivalent to 15 strength, 15 agility, 15 intelligence and 15 charisma.

Each point of strength is +1 HP, but it also has an effect on how much damage you deal. Agility makes weapon handling better and makes you slightly faster.

Imo, in a format where the death of one person means their team loses the round, that individual should be tankier than the rest of their team. The "king" is supposed to play safe, that's the whole idea of the format, but in my experience if there's a 7v7 protect the king tournament it usually becomes a 6v6 with one person from each side essentially playing spectator inside the arena. Making them a little stronger would incentivise them to play the game more, creating more potential for them to be caught out, rather than just s-keying the whole time so they don't die and lose their team the round.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:45:06 pm by Gibby Jr »
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 07:20:11 pm »
What Gibby said isn't a bad idea, it would give the 'king' more of a possibility of an impact in the match, randomised tournaments are always fun too. I think the community has been asking for a fantasy one for a while, but not necessarily a 1 day one.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 09:45:41 pm »
would like a new format like the king one

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 04:40:38 am »
Hasn’t been a PTK tournament in over 2 years,

Last time it was a blast!!
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 12:25:07 am »
I think if you do a protect the king tournament you should augment the stats of the "king" to make them tankier than their teammates.

It's possible to edit the stats of different troops serverside, meaning you could change the ironflesh value to give them more HP (each ironflesh is +2 HP):

The base value is 3, which can be raised up to 10, +7 being 14 extra HP. I don't know if you can exceed the 10 limit, that would have to be tested if you wanted to.

Additionally, all troops are using the "def_attrib_multiplayer", which as you can see below is equivalent to 15 strength, 15 agility, 15 intelligence and 15 charisma.

Each point of strength is +1 HP, but it also has an effect on how much damage you deal. Agility makes weapon handling better and makes you slightly faster.

Imo, in a format where the death of one person means their team loses the round, that individual should be tankier than the rest of their team. The "king" is supposed to play safe, that's the whole idea of the format, but in my experience if there's a 7v7 protect the king tournament it usually becomes a 6v6 with one person from each side essentially playing spectator inside the arena. Making them a little stronger would incentivise them to play the game more, creating more potential for them to be caught out, rather than just s-keying the whole time so they don't die and lose their team the round.
Thanks will change it on NPP_Server now, no one will ever beat us

Offline Vemon01

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 07:56:13 pm »

Thanks will change it on NPP_Server now, no one will ever beat us
still not enough to beat fluss