Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Suggestions  (Read 7506 times)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
NWWC 2022 | Suggestions
« on: February 04, 2022, 12:02:57 am »

If you have any questions or you want to suggest something, feel free to do it here!
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
Re: NWWC 2022 | Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 02:08:35 am »
What's the point of a transfer limit in a nations tournament? I can understand it for EGS where the hosts want to prevent people from stacking after their team disbands or when their team fails to reach playoffs. But it seems kinda silly for a nations tournament where everyone can only play for one team in the first place. I doubt many people would use all 3 substitutions, but why limit them at all?

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 02:19:49 am »
What's the point of a transfer limit in a nations tournament? I can understand it for EGS where the hosts want to prevent people from stacking after their team disbands or when their team fails to reach playoffs. But it seems kinda silly for a nations tournament where everyone can only play for one team in the first place. I doubt many people would use all 3 substitutions, but why limit them at all?
+1 for countries where their top 10 roster is obvious this rule won't impact them very much but, for countries that have positions up in the air, having the ability to swap players onto the roster without worrying about a transfer limit is huge. If the tournament is supposed to be between the best of the best representing their countries, Why have a transfer limit stopping countries from fielding their best squads?
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 10:09:52 am »
Somewhat the same reason as EGS and the same reason we have used this over all the years. To prevent a teams roster massively changing half-way or more into the tournament. The brackets are usually seeded and if teams are changed massively this can effect the balance. Also we've seen it before where a handful of players not playing suddenly want to come back once they see their team is in the semi/final/bronze and that completely affects how the match might go. It's not fair to those who have played the entire tournament to be forced out by some glory hunters at the end of the series.

In the world cup/euros which this is based off loosely you cannot change your submitted roster. We allow for 3 subs tho as we know what people are like in this DLC with just quitting or getting bored.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 11:57:57 am »
It's supposed to be the best of the best in the country, who gives a shit if they're glory hunting, that completely misses the point of this tournament. If people come back further into the tournament and can improve their nation's roster it will only improve the competitive level of the tournament as a whole.
If someone coming in late 'completely affects a match' then that is fine as the entire point of this tournament is to field the best team the nation can field, not the best team that they're allowed to field because of some arbitrary roster rule. Say Germany starts off without Wolpi cus he's inactive and he comes back to the game during quarters, why prevent them from having a stronger team and a better chance to win with him in it?

The seeding argument also makes 0 sense as the current rule doesn't protect the seeding in the first place. Seeding is only relevant during the groups and noone is going to make more than 3 subs that early on into the tournament. So seeding can be 'affected' as much under the current rule as without it. And let's be honest, noone is going to impact a team so much that the seeding suddenly becomes completely imbalanced.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 12:00:13 pm by Rikkert »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 01:27:22 pm »
They can still do that with 3 transfers if Wolpi comes back? And regardless I've never see anyone actually use all three because players who haven't played a match are excluded. But I'm pretty sure if you played the entire tournament and knew your final was going to be France or England then suddenly the entire 10 man roster changed not only would those players who got the team that far be pissed but so would your opponents.

Much like the Euros it's the team you've chosen at the deadline and train with to win the tournament, the team you believed would do the best. Changing that entire dynamic mid tournament without reason is unfair on the players. But of course some changes have to be made as this is NW not real life.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 01:30:48 pm by Herishey »
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Phailur

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 10:38:47 pm »
get rekt kid

Offline MarjioviçR

• Captain
  • freedoms simp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MotoBvock MaimLockXD
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 04:54:57 pm »
let macedonians(me) and bosnians(rebelious) play for greece

Nock

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 04:59:17 pm »

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 07:00:22 pm »

Offline AlekoTheGreek

• Donator
  • Alex, born in the year of the false spring
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16th AlekoTheGreek
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2022, 12:51:29 pm »

#triggered

Offline Mac`

• Sergeant Major
  • mine > yours
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Macasaurusrex
  • Side: Union
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 08:36:06 pm »
TeamPopulation       Breakdown
North America367.51mUSA~329.5m + CAN~38.01m
Russia144.1m
Turkey84.34m
Germany83.24m
France67.39m
England55.98m
Spain47.35m
Ukraine44.13m
Poland37.95m
Aus-Sui17.554mAUT~8.917m CHE~8.637m
Netherlands17.44m
Norden17.107mDNK~5.831m + NOR~5.379m + ISL~0.366m + FIN~5.531m
CZSK16.159mCZE~10.7m + SVK~5.459m
Belgium11.56m
Sweden10.35m
Greece10.72m
Scotland5.453m
Ireland5.01m
Celts13.589mSCO~5.453m + IRE~5.01m + WLS~3.126m
  ?

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2022, 08:55:29 pm »
let me join team gb cuz pre 1947

Offline Mac`

• Sergeant Major
  • mine > yours
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Macasaurusrex
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2022, 02:52:47 am »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:56 pm »
not so much of a suggestion but this Irland team has me soaking wet

take Dren and there is no way you even lose a match
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.