Author Topic: How were you recruited into the community?  (Read 5499 times)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: How were you recruited into the community?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2022, 12:27:01 pm »
some 32nd server back in the days idk
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Wursti

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 12:56:00 pm »
some 32nd server back in the days idk

someone go back in time and prevent this

Offline Muhataa

• First Lieutenant
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ex.Moderator TKC
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 12:57:56 pm »
LeBrave saw me in Groupfighting_Server and recruited me in his mighty reg called 15e  8)

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 02:06:51 pm »
33rd siege the day I bought the game in 2014.

Nock

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 02:48:32 pm »
IRL friend made me buy the DLC early/mid 2012 we played a bit together, then I quickly encountered LeBrave somehow and joined cavs in the LI (french corps) only to never attend a single event in my two months in there, then applied to the 14e a couple weeks later

funny cause i still talk to this friend from time to time, but we never joined the same reg smh

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 02:55:39 pm »
Big fire and sword fan especially the Captain Co-op feature which eventually lead me to NW with Butler's 42nd and eventually Chicken found me in 2014 somehow...
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline IR_Nr59_Lamastos

• First Lieutenant
  • Prinzessin Lamalana die Schöne
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_IR_Nr59_Obst_Lama
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 03:22:48 pm »
I started playing the series with "Fire&Sword" and I liked playing Mount&Musket some months before NW released but I didn't quite understand how mods work so after some reinstalling I couldn't figure how to start the mod again...then I went back to Fire&Sword, even though I remember the Chat being so racist and political that I was always a bit repelled.
Then NW released and I was happy to play something like MM again. Bought it on release date, played on NW_Official_EU1 (at least I think it was, not 100% sure, but it was my favourite server) and got recruited by Nr59's best recruiter back then 2 days later.

I still know that I lied about my age XD I thought 12 was a bit too young so I said 13 or 14. But looking back, it feels like most people were about that age lol. The guy who recruited me told me he was just 12, so I quickly corrected myself, feeling a bit better.

I also still play with people who were there when I joined the regiment from time to time. Many of my members have been friends of mine for multiple years now.

The rest is material for hundreds of pages of gaming history! In a few months, I will have my 10 year anniversary in the regiment.

Join the IR_Nr59, join the infantry!

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 05:26:54 pm »
I started playing the series with "Fire&Sword" and I liked playing Mount&Musket some months before NW released but I didn't quite understand how mods work so after some reinstalling I couldn't figure how to start the mod again...then I went back to Fire&Sword, even though I remember the Chat being so racist and political that I was always a bit repelled.
Then NW released and I was happy to play something like MM again. Bought it on release date, played on NW_Official_EU1 (at least I think it was, not 100% sure, but it was my favourite server) and got recruited by Nr59's best recruiter back then 2 days later.

I still know that I lied about my age XD I thought 12 was a bit too young so I said 13 or 14. But looking back, it feels like most people were about that age lol. The guy who recruited me told me he was just 12, so I quickly corrected myself, feeling a bit better.

I also still play with people who were there when I joined the regiment from time to time. Many of my members have been friends of mine for multiple years now.

The rest is material for hundreds of pages of gaming history! In a few months, I will have my 10 year anniversary in the regiment.

Damn, you’ve been role playing for ten years straight in the same regiment. Huge respect man
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 05:52:15 pm »
I got gifted Warband + NW in 2012 by a random guy on reddit who, for Christmas, made a thread giving away £800 worth of steam games on /r/randomactsofkindness. Played on public servers for a while until I was recruited by Gurkha on 84e_NW_Siege (like a great many people back then!)

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 05:59:19 pm »

Damn, you’ve been role playing for ten years straight in the same regiment. Huge respect man

He defines the word loyalty I guess :D

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 06:18:23 pm »
Started with the cracked version since i was a young kid back in 2012, found a greek some of you might remeber him, Nicos, we decided to buy the game early 2013, together we joined the 33rd for a brief time, then 25th (Eazy-E's), end of 2014 me nicos and Aleko created the 16th

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 06:24:36 pm »
33rd siege server the memoriees

33rd siege server the memoriees

33rd siege the day I bought the game in 2014.

<3

My 33rd_NW_Siege never forget  :'(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:28:11 pm by Gurkha »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 06:31:01 pm »

He defines the word loyalty I guess :D
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Grimmy

• First Lieutenant
  • 42ndPVI "Bucktails"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UB_42ndPA_1stLt_Grimmy
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 07:24:23 pm »
NW: I was playing on a siege server and some guy from the 1st Kazachstan recruited me into their regiment despite me being an annoying 10 year old at the time with the shittiest mic ever.

NaS: I was playing on a random server and Major General Reznov recruited me into the 19thLV, I could barely speak any English at that point and since he was Dutch I found it easy to conversate with him about the mod, he invited me into his regiment, he also helped me with melee training on a weekly basis. This was my first ever regiment experience.

45thN: I started as a merc for like a single event and soon after I was forcibly drafted into their offical ranks. I'm still part of their Lights company even tho I barely ever attend events with them, I strangely gain pride from being in their Lights tho because all the other companies suck, even tho I have no clue how I even ended up in this situation.

Offline MrMonty

• Private
  • That one guy in the 91st who got 0-27 K/D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Now a Grenadier of the Nr21
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 10:58:53 pm »
After buying the game and playing a little on pubs like minisiege or TP I got a random steam invite and message from Pieter.
No idea how he found me but the rest is history.