Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 35641 times)

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2022 | Overview
« Reply #555 on: April 14, 2022, 07:55:00 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for GER was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.
Why would u blame chicken ? Why cant one of u ( FRA and ENG ) get knocked before finals ??? If there arent upsets whats the point on making tourneys if u already know whos gona win and whos not ??? Im surprised this was even asked..
I mean ultimately you never know who will win but if the brackets are balanced you're likely to get the expected final and potentially bronze match.
Yes but why do u want an expected final ? Having the same teams winning over and over again makes nwwc boring and pointless, having for example GER or another team on the finals besides FRA or ENG i think its a pretty fair and good decision, as the other teams need to also have chance of winning, no one wants to play when they know they wont get to the top, like this it opens alot more ways for the top 3 wich in my opinion is way more exciting
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Luke_Blacktham

• Major
  • 71st Ensign | ENIGMA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blacktham
« Reply #556 on: April 14, 2022, 07:55:52 pm »
No one deserves an easier road to the final, I think Germany has as much chance of winning as we do and to change everything is pointless, let the best team win that's all
Couldn’t agree more

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #557 on: April 14, 2022, 07:59:03 pm »
No one deserves an easier road to the final, I think Germany has as much chance of winning as we do and to change everything is pointless, let the best team win that's all

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #558 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:00 pm »
Ultimately seeding the finals for GER was the wrong decision. It should’ve been FRA and ENG like it always had been. Blame moi for that one.
Why would u blame chicken ? Why cant one of u ( FRA and ENG ) get knocked before finals ??? If there arent upsets whats the point on making tourneys if u already know whos gona win and whos not ??? Im surprised this was even asked..
I mean ultimately you never know who will win but if the brackets are balanced you're likely to get the expected final and potentially bronze match.
Yes but why do u want an expected final ? Having the same teams winning over and over again makes nwwc boring and pointless, having for example GER or another team on the finals besides FRA or ENG i think its a pretty fair and good decision, as the other teams need to also have chance of winning, no one wants to play when they know they wont get to the top, like this it opens alot more ways for the top 3 wich in my opinion is way more exciting
In this scenario I agree, that's what I was saying before. In the past though with ENG/FRA being so much stronger than the others it would be shite to watch or even play in a final that was 15-0 or 15-7 and an easy thrashing. If I think back to the final we had a few years ago vs France B it was so anti-climatic and I don't really think anyone enjoyed or cared watching it or playing it due to that.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #559 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:45 pm »
If you get to the finals, you deserve to be there, if you win the final you are the best team, worrying about who you play when is just being a bitch and thinking you might lose tbh. Who cares if eng and fra even play each other the tournament doesn't exist for their grudge match and even if it did these are not the same eng and fra we know. Also just because something "has been done historically" doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Furthermore the idea of "we want to play fra in the finals" is purely driven by an ego or by being afraid you'll lose before you get there, either way pretty weak willed.

If you want to prove you're the best team, win the tournament, whoever it may be that does that.

If you win the finals you are the best team but that doesn't mean the participants in the finals are the two best teams in the tournament. All NWWCs for a good many years have seeded their knockouts to put the two teams on opposite sides of the bracket. Your personal perspective on "ego" or people being "afraid" is irrelevant, unless you're saying all previous English and French teams for over 5 years have all been driven purely by ego and fear? Or, is it more likely that it is fair and reasonable to put the two finalists from the previous year on opposite sides of the bracket?

Not sure how your two points are related; regardless of how it is formatted nobody knows who will win and one can only speculate on who will reach the finals. There is no reason why FRA or ENG cannot be knocked out before the finals, it just doesn't make sense to have the finalists from the previous year face each other so early in the bracket.

On paper, the skill gap between GER and ENG is much closer than any previous NWWC in my opinion, hot take - maybe Chicken when doing the bracket thought GER would be stronger than ENG this year which isn't even a controversial opinion and I agree with him 100%

Why did you, a captain of a supposedly top team now cry to the organisers to try to alter the groups just so you can get an easier ride to the finals? Doesn't that seem unfair to the rest of the teams?

Anything other than keeping the bracket would leave many people feeling cheated.
I didn't cry. I said that my team was disappointed in the fact we couldn't face France in the finals at all and that it had to be done in the knockouts. I even said that I would be happy to face Germany in the semi's and then France in the finals if it meant we had a chance to be able to face France at the desired time.

the best teams will be in the finals, who cares which teams they are? if you're the best team you'll win the tournament

That's literally not how seeding works. It's incredibly idealistic to say that, but it's just not how tournaments function.
Seeding always benefits some teams and fucks over others, and it is especially difficult to manually seed with three comparably skilled top teams, where on any given day you could argue each being the best.

The question is whether you want to have (1) random seeding and leave the brackets to chance/luck, or (2) ensure a more competitive final based on what we already know.

As a passive Irish bystander, I would like to see ENG defend their title in the finals if, and only if, they manage to beat everyone on their way there.
Of course, this ENG is not even slightly the same ENG that won the title last year (player-wise, not skill), so it's a bit odd to say "defend the title" when half of them weren't involved in winning it last time round, but NWWC is different in that the teams consist of compatriots, so I believe it's fair to say they are defending it.

However, again you can't ignore the huge advantage one of the teams will receive by seeding opposite to the other 2 teams, so either don't tamper with brackets at all, or let ENG have the easier side and the two "challengers" fight it out on their way there.

My biased two cents, look forward to fighting my fellow scrubs in lower bracket <3
If the English roster was overwhelmingly the same as the past years I would probably agree with you. However, as many of 2022 England's players did not contribute to past NWWC titles in any way, they really don't deserve an easier finals route lol; this English team remains yet unproven (same for France this year but to a slightly lesser degree).

Very reasonable perspective Melsyo as expected as expected. In a team competition I think that argument would have a lot of merit, but as this is a national competition where the roster is determined by the best players that are willing to play from each nation it's not really up to ENG or FRA whether their rosters are the same or not. Even still, the majority of our roster are past NWWC winners, as is the case for FRA also.

Arbitrarily creating a situation in which "another team" reaches the finals for the sake purely of making things not "boring and pointless" is not fair or good.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2022, 08:04:03 pm »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2022, 08:07:08 pm »
ENG, FRA and GER all have very similar chances of winning, leave the bracket as it is jesus christ

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2022, 08:08:04 pm »
ENG, FRA and GER all have very similar chances of winning, leave the bracket as it is jesus christ
why bring Jesus into this???
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2022, 08:09:16 pm »
I mean the brackets are random right so nobody is creating that oportunity, if something changing the brackets to make FRA and ENG face themselfs in the finals "is not fair or good" but its just my opinion in the end. Up to the organizers to decide what to do
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2022, 08:52:06 pm »
I mean the brackets are random right so nobody is creating that oportunity, if something changing the brackets to make FRA and ENG face themselfs in the finals "is not fair or good" but its just my opinion in the end. Up to the organizers to decide what to do
No the brackets are not random..

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
« Reply #565 on: April 14, 2022, 09:32:31 pm »
next time when i organise EGS, I will redo the brackets after gs, just want to inform you in advance

Offline Hertz

• Major
  • Fuck Off
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nock is my bitch
« Reply #566 on: April 14, 2022, 09:43:26 pm »
ENG want to face FRA a week later, is that such a big deal guys?!?!?!??!

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil

Offline Python | Smeagol

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Team'#039#039#039#039#039s Teamkil
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2022, 09:43:59 pm »
oh soz wrong thread

Offline Bagins

• Second Lieutenant
  • Love to GF love to Win
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Faggins
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2022, 09:49:57 pm »
Can you all stop spamming your keyboards over this.

Its NWWC, the only tourney with any credability left,  whoever wins wins. I asked Blitz not to make a fuss of the brackets but here we are.

Secondly, why are 90% of the players rattling off about this the players who last year were competing for a promotion in their regiment, not the real community. I don't see anyone from previous years complaining about this. England will play France whenever its been set in the brackets and Germany will likely play the winner.

Whether the Semis turns out to be a better match than the final is something we can talk about after the tourney is finished.

Please stop now, English players included