Author Topic: [RGL8] Matchweek 4  (Read 5591 times)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [RGL8] Matchweek 4
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2021, 02:26:59 am »
LOL another classic didn't happen.

Your attempt at Slander doesn't work when the person you are accusing is also gay you mongo!!

I made the hoke once in a Snappers GF because you changed your tag from Chimpz_ to Gimpz_ or whatever the fuck it was.

I remember quite clearly you repeatedly calling Blitz a faggot in chat during a 55th vs 15th gf. Pretty rich to argue that people indiscriminately typing "nig nig nig", untargeted and without intent to cause offence, is a big deal when you have engaged in more explicitly targeted bigotry yourself.

I anticipate then that whatever punishment you levy on Maximou or HiReaper will be mirrored by your own resignation from the admin team for engaging in the same behaviour yourself? Unless, of course, your faux outrage has crumbled at your realisation that you've participated in far worse behaviour than those you are decrying here.

Im coming in to replace Chriseh
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2021, 02:28:19 am »

Your attempt at Slander doesn't work when the person you are accusing is also gay you mongo!!

I made the hoke once in a Snappers GF because you changed your tag from Chimpz_ to Gimpz_ or whatever the fuck it was.

I remember quite clearly you repeatedly calling Blitz a faggot in chat during a 55th vs 15th gf. Pretty rich to argue that people indiscriminately typing "nig nig nig", untargeted and without intent to cause offence, is a big deal when you have engaged in more explicitly targeted bigotry yourself.

I anticipate then that whatever punishment you levy on Maximou or HiReaper will be mirrored by your own resignation from the admin team for engaging in the same behaviour yourself? Unless, of course, your faux outrage has crumbled at your realisation that you've participated in far worse behaviour than those you are decrying here.

Im coming in to replace Chriseh
didnt ask + ur female
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Mauri

• Colonel
  • Make Killbox Great Again
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mauri
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2021, 02:28:44 am »
92nd members just had a heated gamer moment. +not sure what equates to ‘racism’ here but only thing I saw was some trolling with the word ‘nig’ being repeated. Was never directed at anyone or caused anyone great distress so this over the top reaction from hertz and nock isn’t really needed but the comments made from Stockholm isn’t either.

I forgot reacting to someone saying racist slurs was being "over the top"

smh this community
If you can show me screen of someone saying the actual n word then I will redact my statement
like this? isnt naatsu also in 92nd?

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2021, 02:30:20 am »
92nd members just had a heated gamer moment. +not sure what equates to ‘racism’ here but only thing I saw was some trolling with the word ‘nig’ being repeated. Was never directed at anyone or caused anyone great distress so this over the top reaction from hertz and nock isn’t really needed but the comments made from Stockholm isn’t either.

I forgot reacting to someone saying racist slurs was being "over the top"

smh this community
If you can show me screen of someone saying the actual n word then I will redact my statement
like this? isnt naatsu also in 92nd?

I didnt knew ur mother likes polaks

Nock

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2021, 02:33:39 am »
Spoiler
Being gay or not doesn’t change the fact the word is hurtful and shouldn’t be used. Context or not the word is hurtful and you are wrong for using it.

Same thing goes around for the nword then, that we can agree on. Idk why you were arguing the opposite when it's literally the same.
Ofc if it's targeted it's more hurtful, but even if it isn't targeted, it's still offensive. I'm not trying to play the whiteknight or whatever, it's just that if the 13e can manage to make people follow the few rules we have regarding those slurs during our events and on TS most of the time, and try to keep a friendly and welcoming atmosphere then I believe everyone can. We're obviously not perfect and some people will slip up from time to time but at least we're trying to do something about it as it can only better the community or at least ours. And so could the 92nd especially when they've been explicitly telling me over the last month that they were trying to. I don't have beef with anyone, but Stock's comment was just pretty obnoxious and actually brainless regarding that matter and that is why both Hertz and I answered.
This is my final comment on the matter, I will not further discuss it here.
[close]

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2021, 02:36:52 am »
Being gay or not doesn’t change the fact the word is hurtful and shouldn’t be used. Context or not the word is hurtful and you are wrong for using it.
so what you are saying is a derogatory word aimed at your minority offended you?

I'm sensing a correlation here. Even if the people from 92nd didn't mean it in an offensive manner, same as mine and your example from all those groupfights that never happened... the word itself is hurtful and shouldn't be used in what should be considered a more professional situation such as RGL? Or at any time for that matter.

Much like a Twitter journalist you are choosing to be offended or not offended because of your own personal bias and start a forum argument over jt. Because the word nig or nigger doesn't mean offense to you specifically does not mean it doesn't to others.

Spoiler

[close]
I've played a total of 4 groupfights for 15th since I joined them as I hate them so I'm pretty sure I would remember all these times this happened. Not to mention if you knew Gi you would know he would tell me to fuck off before he let's someone sit there spouting all that shit for a whole event and rightfully so. I'm fairly certain you are exaggerating. If it did happen well then be outraged and have me cancelled from NW. 6+ months after the fact...

Anyways back to the silly 92nd boys. At no point did I say I would be punishing anyone, that is an assumption you guys have made.

Even if I did all it would be is the same thing Stockholm and Vegi already replied to, which is just a "please control your members its out of order for these things to be said during a league match regardless of the intentions".

Nobody is saying HiReaper or Maximou meant anything by what they said. What we are arguing about is the fact that Blitzkriegs point he brought in when nobody asked was bonkers.

TL;DR: Nobody is getting the ban hammer you goofs, the argument was more over Blitzkriegs silly argument not what actually happened in the game. Only reason I responded as an organiser is because it was brought to me and I was asked to.

To extend what Nock said, get whatever points you want to make out of your system guys. The thread will be locked later today and discussions can move elsewhere (this threads only supposed to be for posting results etc. Anyway).
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2021, 02:41:58 am »
Was only talking about said words being used as insults, if they are not being used to target someone then they can’t be hurtful.

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2021, 02:45:02 am »
Was only talking about said words being used as insults, if they are not being used to target someone then they can’t be hurtful.
The recipient might not understand that. Which should be a familiar concept considering the massively multi cultural community we have in Mount and Blade.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2021, 02:46:09 am »
Price doesnt dare to give us the ban hammer!

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2021, 02:50:50 am »
Price doesnt dare to give us the ban hammer!
we already lost one league 1.5 regiment cant lose another!

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2021, 02:55:32 am »
Ok after reading the server logs from today there were 4 instances of someone saying a shortened version of the N word or the N word but with no R. These were said by 3 92nd members.

There was 1 instance of someone saying a shortened version of the homophobic slur that begins with an F. This was said by a 13e Member.

I still think the 4 instances by the 3 people is shocking. Debating whether or not its racist or homophobic because it wasn't the full word is irrelevant. The intent was there and thats what makes it bad...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:06:31 am by Scottish Unicorn »

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2021, 02:59:51 am »
Ok after reading the server logs from today there were 4 instances of someone saying a shortened version of the N word or the N word but with no R. These were said by 3 92nd members.

There was 1 instance of someone saying a shortened version of the homophobic slur that begins with an F. This was said by a 13e Member.

I still think the 4 instances by the 3 people is shocking. Debating whether or not its racist or homophobic because it wasn't the full word is irrelevant. The intent was there and thats what makes it bad...
Thank you. If you could send those couple of logs over to me if you have em so I can chat with 92nd and 13e later today that would be great. If not I'll take a look myself later np.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:07:25 am by Scottish Unicorn »

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2021, 03:04:09 am »

Thank you. If you could send those couple of logs over to me if you have em so I can chat with 92nd and 13e later today that would be great. If not I'll take a look myself later np.
Pmed the google drive link. Just search for the first 3 letters and they will all come up! I forgot to highlight them but you can just search for them
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:08:07 am by Scottish Unicorn »

Offline John Price

• Board Moderator
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2021, 03:19:59 am »
All gucci. Cheers brother