Author Topic: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #3 | 7v7 | 12.12  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: EGS | Season 3 League 2 Tournament #3 | 7v7 | 12.12
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2021, 12:40:32 pm »
The map is particularly bad for low-end pc’s I do agree, but that’s no excuse for holding the tournament up for an extra hour!

Could always spec all and change map ;)
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2021, 12:42:50 pm »
The map is particularly bad for low-end pc’s I do agree, but that’s no excuse for holding the tournament up for an extra hour!

could've used the last season 7v7 map which was infinitely better than this one

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2021, 12:43:43 pm »

No, it still wouldn't have saved the situation with my 2010 computer.
If there were 10-15 people on the server, and the card would have a maximum of 40 kilobytes, the result could be different.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2021, 12:44:37 pm »
yes
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2021, 12:48:16 pm »
haha

Offline Ceedoy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ceed
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2021, 12:57:23 pm »
yes
Yes.
half of the team had about 20-30 fps, if not more
I generally keep quiet about the French host
not everyone can afford strong computers, so also load such a large number of players on one server

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2021, 01:33:56 pm »
yes
Yes.
half of the team had about 20-30 fps, if not more
I generally keep quiet about the French host
not everyone can afford strong computers, so also load such a large number of players on one server
tbh only ur problem if u have shit pc in 2021

Offline StockholmDE

• Board Moderator
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2021, 01:37:20 pm »
The map was big yes, but it was fine. And even if some had lags, that doesnt justify taking 25mins for a ft5 which happened several times on both servers.

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2021, 01:44:29 pm »
didnt ask
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2021, 01:58:00 pm »
This season is debutting maps, each tournament being a first time. If the map lags, you tell your team cpts which in time will message the organisers. And the organisers shall message me next so I can make changes to it. Remaining quiet won't help at all. Last week I got no mention from L1 about about lag issues so it definitively had to do with something other.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:59:32 pm by Moi~ »
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2021, 03:19:47 pm »
This season is debutting maps, each tournament being a first time. If the map lags, you tell your team cpts which in time will message the organisers. And the organisers shall message me next so I can make changes to it. Remaining quiet won't help at all. Last week I got no mention from L1 about about lag issues so it definitively had to do with something other.
Just at work so posting here quickly.... Several people in chat during the tourny mentioned FPS lag.... A couple people in DAB mentioned it... I personally was having a small bit more than normal bouncing between 135-150 at certain times.... It wasnt huge FPS drop overall for me but it was deffo a little noticeable... Deffo worse for others who have potato PC.... And deffo worse than the other maps in that respect....

Hope this helped

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2021, 03:22:03 pm »

No, it still wouldn't have saved the situation with my 2010 computer.
If there were 10-15 people on the server, and the card would have a maximum of 40 kilobytes, the result could be different.

Yes sir

Just at work so posting here quickly.... Several people in chat during the tourny mentioned FPS lag.... A couple people in DAB mentioned it... I personally was having a small bit more than normal bouncing between 135-150 at certain times.... It wasnt huge FPS drop overall for me but it was deffo a little noticeable... Deffo worse for others who have potato PC.... And deffo worse than the other maps in that respect....

Hope this helped

I had the same issue. Also there were big differences for the performance in different arenas. Arena 4 gave me an average FPS of 170-180, while in for example Arena 1 and 3 the FPS was roughly 210-230, depending on which position I played in.

Anyhow, the map was visually appealing, but maybe some TP doors could be removed (since other tournament maps only use 1 per arena) :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:31:24 pm by Tomppa »
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline tommyxd

• Major General
  • Swigma Male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Kpt_tommyxd
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2021, 03:23:20 pm »

Hope this helped

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2021, 06:35:56 pm »

Hope this helped

Yeah, I mentioned it in DAB before the tournament started; my FPS is capped at 240 and with a 1080ti for some reason it was dipping around 80fps when moving on this map, it's not too big of an issue but the game becomes 'choppy' with such FPS decrease.

Offline Moi~

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Verm2 god
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2021, 12:24:52 am »
Thanks for the feedback! I'll make a new one for the next 7v7
padawan should replace chicken as captain, he has every ability a true leader should possess, a good voice, skill, experience & dedication. Padawan has all of these things and the only reason he wasn't allowed into team spain was cause chicken was afraid of him since he truly knew how much of a danger padawan could be to his spot.
padawan is no padawan any longer, he is a MASTER now and i would be AFRAID to fight him with team NL since he can 1v10 us easily!
#justice4padawan