Author Topic: The Fighting Pit - 3v3 Tournament (#3) - Winners | EwoKhanate  (Read 12170 times)

Offline Crush

• First Lieutenant
  • Retirement is finally done.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Crusher
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Fighting Pit - 3v3 Tournament
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2021, 02:02:27 pm »
A special mention to Mac, who certainly helped his team Kayi Tribe shine last night. Despite not being as renowned as the likes of Louis & Janne, I watched him perform first hand against some of the very best opposition this tournament had to offer, clutching, first picking and having a few killstreaks of his own to an extent I did not expect. Huge respect lad and I hope we can watch you perform like that more often.
Tardet finally seeing why Mac was IRE's secret weapon

Spoiler
until he gets 200 ping  8)
[close]

Offline AchillesTheOne

• Major
  • Seals 6 [54]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The One, The Only, The Notorious
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2021, 03:40:07 pm »
A special mention to Mac, who certainly helped his team Kayi Tribe shine last night. Despite not being as renowned as the likes of Louis & Janne, I watched him perform first hand against some of the very best opposition this tournament had to offer, clutching, first picking and having a few killstreaks of his own to an extent I did not expect. Huge respect lad and I hope we can watch you perform like that more often.
Tardet finally seeing why Mac was IRE's secret weapon

Spoiler
until he gets 200 ping  8)
[close]
Mac would be top 1 if he actually tried 8) 8) 8)

Elsse

Re: The Fighting Pit - 3v3 Tournament (#3) - Winners | EwoKhanate
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2021, 05:35:07 pm »

Offline Mac`

• Sergeant Major
  • mine > yours
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Macasaurusrex
  • Side: Union
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2021, 06:40:03 pm »
Spoiler
Thank you to everyone who attended last night! We had 32 teams and around ~120 players showing up which I am always extremely grateful for. The tournament went pretty smoothly overall, lasting around three hours for the grand final & bronze team, two hours for most of the playoffs team and around one hour for those who exited during the groupstage.

1st Place | EwoKhanate (Shadey, Elsse, Fwuffy, Golden) reasserted their dominance in the 3v3 format thanks to a dominant performance in both the group stage & playoffs. Their grand-final showing against some of the current very best players of the scene is a testimony of the unmatched quality these three can demonstrate in such a format.

2nd Place | The Three Musketeers (Zeyden, Achilles, Jakob, Steinmann) showed amazing resilience, keeping things under control despite a few close matches and even accomplishing an unthinkable come-back against Grouped in the semi-final match. EwoKhanate eventually proved too much to handle after that exhausting clash yet the Amaterasu players can still be proud of their run and take a deserved silver medal home.

3rd Place | Grouped (Red, Troister, Higen) prevailed against a strong-looking Kayi tribe team to reach the semi-final and wasn't far from securing the silver if it wasn't for the Three Musketeers to stop them in their track. Although that semi-final outcome surely was hard to swallow, their bronze match victory (courtesy of Poosy) will hopefully be of some comfort.

A special couple of people I would like to thank for their dedication in making sure everyone had a good time yesterday:

- Unicorn: Despite us not using his servers in the end (which was totally my fault) he still offered to help the tournament the moment he saw the thread on FSE and still tried to give his best to help to fix the issues encountered just before the start, despite being very ill.
- Syrcrim: When we realised we could not use Uni's servers, Syrcrim instantly stepped up to the task, landing us two servers fully prepared with a map (courtesy of MarxeiL) that was playable for a 3v3. Without him, the tournament could have not happened so we are forever grateful for his help.
- Dan & Voluble both did a lot of work as ref (Vol took on him to look over one of the servers and often refereed two matches at the same time due to a shortage of refs). They both stayed up pretty late to cover the very last matches and I wanted to thank them both for their dedication.

Last but not least:

Gg was fun, only complaint is that there were like 2 admins and only 4 arenas, double both it'll have taken half the time

I agree the tournament could have gone a bit quicker during the round of 16 but we eventually went back to 4 arenas used at some point and I'm not sure the moment we were using two arenas only doubled the tournament's overall length by two. It would have defo made it shorter tho so it's worth taking into account for next time, like making sure every captains has admin (which apparently wasn't the case despite me whitelisting everyone) or asking external referees.

gg fun tourney

tho would prefer ft7 quarters
Not a bad idea but eventually the tournament went for long enough already last night and I didn't want to drag it on excessively. With one refs per arena like Fietta pointed it out (and potentially all round of 16 matches being played at the same thanks to the second server like Maskman suggested) we could have easily gained enough time to allow the quarters to be FT7. Will keep that in mind for any potential future edition.

Hosting a tournament with that many players and only a week-time notice was eventually exhausting for me but I am super glad of the feedback I've received. The GSL format (which I'm not a fan of in other tournaments) was key in here to ensure at least two matches per teams but also help us finish both the groupstage & playoffs in one day. I hope I can host a fourth edition of the Fighting Pit (third for the inf scene) at some point in the future, take care and see you around in the EGS for most of you!
[close]

Thanks for the kind words Tardet, made me feel warm and fuzzy inside ;D. And thanks for hosting the tournament, I really enjoyed it. ggwp to ewok for winning and everyone involved.

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2021, 07:02:44 pm »
gg, was fun

thank you for hosting

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2021, 09:10:55 pm »

you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Online Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2021, 09:43:14 pm »

A special couple of people I would like to thank for their dedication in making sure everyone had a good time yesterday:

- Unicorn: Despite us not using his servers in the end (which was totally my fault) he still offered to help the tournament the moment he saw the thread on FSE and still tried to give his best to help to fix the issues encountered just before the start, despite being very ill.
You're too kind! Very unfortunate that I couldn't be of more help. Hope you had fun though! Knowing Tardet and his skillet, it would have been one of the smoothest operations in nw 8)

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2021, 09:57:42 pm »
Thanks for hosting this goated format tardet and thanks to the bois for continuing the nikki legacy
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease

Offline Syrcrim

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45e_Cpt_Syrcrim
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2021, 06:42:36 am »
Always a pleasure to help you my lovely friend Tardet ! And NW community btw  ;)
Gg to all teams for their performance. See you later.