What type of bracket should we use?

Single-Elimination
20 (28.6%)
Double-Elimination
41 (58.6%)
Other
9 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Marxishey's 2v2 Sword & Bayonet Tournament | 18.04.21  (Read 17780 times)

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Marxishey's 2v2 Sword & Bayonet Tournament | 18.04.21
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2021, 10:42:31 pm »
I've thought that about many decisions in the past that turned out to cause much more drama than expected.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 10:45:52 pm »
I've thought that about many decisions in the past that turned out to cause much more drama than expected.

Probably because they also used subjective definitions. Just set a strict, definitive and unambiguous requirement.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2021, 10:50:33 pm »
Gibbson come back next time fam
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Sellsword_Pedro

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2021, 11:00:41 pm »
Team Name:  gang
Captain's Steam Contact (Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/pbjfreire
Did you read and accept the rules?*: yes
Roster (Nationalities and in-game IDs required):
(england) dhzz_oportzz 1625396
(portugal) dhzz_KILLERCLOWN 1595572
(england) dhzz_DOGBROGAMING 2031225
+ dhzz_DOGBROGAMING 2031225

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2021, 11:03:52 pm »
Captain's Steam Contact (Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/pbjfreire
(england) dhzz_oportzz 1625396
(portugal) dhzz_KILLERCLOWN 1595572
(england) dhzz_DOGBROGAMING 2031225
Edit it with your community names, please.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Sellsword_Pedro

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2021, 11:21:27 pm »
(england) dhzz_oportzz 1625396 -tim
(portugal) dhzz_KILLERCLOWN 1595572 -pedro
(england) dhzz_DOGBROGAMING 2031225 -blackworm
Edit it with your community names, please.
my friends are pw players that im trying to get in nw so you probs dont know us

Offline 2eFusGre_QuenouilleLf

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quenouille
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 12:37:53 am »
Team Name: Loli is for pedophiles
Captain's Steam Contact (Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198158774906/
Quenouille 453402
Leberchill ( LuLu ) 1702301

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 12:44:54 am »
Both accepted.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2021, 01:13:49 am »

i dont see how this would be the case

do it

i dare you
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2021, 01:16:52 am »
Gibbson come back next time fam

Absurd considering tournaments of this format happen once every several years.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2021, 09:42:10 am »
Why not put this to the community vote? Surely that's an 'issue' that concerns players first and foremost so let them be the ones deciding? From what I understand, you as hosts don't really care, you just want to avoid any potential drama which is fairly understandable but the discussion is already happening anyway and looking at the thread, there is yet to have someone who clearly voiced himself against having Gibby & Maximou join. Oneil and I only argued for a coherent ruleset to be applied and although I said I personally don't like daily at a case per case, I don't speak for the community so if it somehow happens a majority of the players partaking in the tournament don't care about Gibby & Maximou joining, it'd be a shame preventing them to do so.

I like to voice my opinion any chance I get and I still stand by what I said but I also very much like the democratic aspect of things when dealing with that sort of community dilemma. Give the people a chance to solve this like proper adults, would be interesting to see if we grew as a community.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2021, 10:12:23 am »
Give the people a chance to solve this like proper adults, would be interesting to see if we grew as a community.
Silly old man! That will never happen.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2021, 10:18:14 am »
Give the people a chance to solve this like proper adults, would be interesting to see if we grew as a community.
I am yet to see a vote on this forum once come to a reasonable conclusion or not be 'fixed' in some way shape or form. So again I have no intention of doing that.  The rule was there when this tournament was announced, it's the 'easiest' way to measure such a thing and I have had people ask me about this before in the past with sword tournaments or when I mentioned I'd be hosting this hence why the rule is in place. I'm not saying it's not got room to change in the future but for this edition I have no intention of changing it as I said before.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2021, 10:42:29 am »
I am yet to see a vote on this forum once come to a reasonable conclusion or not be 'fixed' in some way shape or form. So again I have no intention of doing that.  The rule was there when this tournament was announced, it's the 'easiest' way to measure such a thing and I have had people ask me about this before in the past with sword tournaments or when I mentioned I'd be hosting this hence why the rule is in place. I'm not saying it's not got room to change in the future but for this edition I have no intention of changing it as I said before.

A subjective term like "those who are currently active", which has no easily definable categorisation, is definitely not the 'easiest' way of doing it. The easiest way is to set an arbitrary requirement of activity which players must meet.

When I first messaged you on Steam you said that 'active' meant that someone had played a tournament in 2021. When I then said that I have played a tournament in 2021, you moved the goalpost and said that only Native players who are playing in a different NW tournament currently can take part. I don't understand your intention if it's not to stop Maxime and I from playing. What else can I infer from an adamant determination not to change a dysfunctional rule on the pretext that it will cause drama, when thus far nobody has voiced any support for the rule other than yourself. Golden is totally right, why am I or Maxime not considered as any part of the NW community and as solely Native players? I had my own gf team for 6 months, I played 15+ tournaments, I was active for 1-2 years, I donated over 700 euros to NW prize pools, I tried to organise a tournament which would bridge Native and NW via the TWC - though it was not successful.

I simply do not understand why you maintain an outdated definition of "Native players" when clearly there is need for a more advanced categorisation which accounts for the fact that some Native players have played a lot of NW. You know that I mean none of this personally, we've always been on good terms, but in this case I cannot overstate how wrong I think you are for holding onto this rule. Saying that it will 'change in the future' is frankly deceptive; the last tournament of this format happened several years ago and it's unlikely to happen again for a long time. We both know that, so it's hardly any consolation or a solution by itself.

If you truly believe it would cause drama to change the rule so that it includes better categorisations and more definitive definitions, add a poll as Tardet suggests and see if there's genuine support for excluding myself and Maxime.

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2021, 10:45:58 am »
No, you simply misinterpreted what I had said. I mean you're not an idiot Gibby you know what the words 'currently active' mean. At this point you are just being pedantic purely for the purpose that you want to play.

I have changed rules post tournament announcement in the past for what I believe to be a 'better' solution and I never intend to do this again thanks to this community I'm afraid.