What type of bracket should we use?

Single-Elimination
20 (28.6%)
Double-Elimination
41 (58.6%)
Other
9 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Marxishey's 2v2 Sword & Bayonet Tournament | 18.04.21  (Read 17942 times)

BlitzkriegMBNW

Re: Marxishey's 2v2 Sword & Bayonet Tournament | 18.04.21
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2021, 11:23:11 am »
Team Name: Tropical Paradise Power
Captain's Steam Contact (Link required): https://steamcommunity.com/id/Zeydenismysenpai/
Did you read and accept the rules?*: yes
Roster (Nationalities and in-game IDs required):
  Blitzkrieg | 1691357
  Max sensitivity | 454114
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:26:23 am by BlitzkriegMBNW »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2021, 12:48:16 pm »
I signed up with maskman because I thought it wasn't going to be some sweaty tryhard tournament seeing the rules, only allowing active NW Native players. It's not like this isn't surprising though, anything to make a tournament look better I suppose, super cringe though.

Whats the point posting rules if you're not going to follow them? What a mess
If it is a mess, then why don't you remove your sign up?
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2021, 12:50:16 pm »
I signed up with maskman because I thought it wasn't going to be some sweaty tryhard tournament seeing the rules, only allowing active NW Native players. It's not like this isn't surprising though, anything to make a tournament look better I suppose, super cringe though.

Just pointing out the NW elitism; I'll still be playing but can we just make rules and follow them instead of catering them to better players, k thx.

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2021, 01:32:42 pm »
maybe couldve put a poll for changing the rules instead of just straight up listening to crocodile tears

at the end of the day, it doesnt affect me, just 90% of the teams in the tourney  8)
People had plenty of time to show whether they agreed or disagreed, no need for a poll.
As is the case with most things in life if you disagree with something(in this case the former rules) you're almost definitely going to speak out, while if you agree you're very unlikely to say anything at all. I don't mind this decision too much as I wasn't expecting a placing even before the rule was withdrawn but to me it's just sad to see native names that haven't been seen around on NW for months appear out of thin air. This should be sufficiently indicative of the fact that they (as of recently) show no real interest for this DLC, and, thus, should not be considered part of this community.
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2021, 01:49:00 pm »
Preach

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2021, 02:25:34 pm »
Gibby and Slade are very much a part of this community as you and fietta are.

The only questionable player would be Maximou, as most of us don't see inside the French community.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2021, 02:41:00 pm »
Not playing NW for a few months to then only return when 'sword' is in question is a clear indication of not giving a shit.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2021, 02:54:15 pm »
Not playing NW for a few months to then only return when 'sword' is in question is a clear indication of not giving a shit.

Could say the same about Bagins or any other inactive NW player who decided to come back for a tournament  :P
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2021, 03:05:25 pm »
sword

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2021, 03:12:24 pm »

Could say the same about Bagins or any other inactive NW player who decided to come back for a tournament  :P
/thread

Barely any of the cav players that signed up play inf as well, but that doesn't bother anyone and I haven't seen anyone even mention it.These types of tournaments are the only inf tournaments these players are interested in and therefore these are the only inf tournaments that they are active in, just like the native players. And I don't see the problem with that to be honest. These tournaments happen like once a year so why the fuck would you bar some of the best players just because they didn't force themselves to play inf in between the sword tournaments just so they can be "considered active"?? ?

Also, how is someone supposed to become active if you bar them from the only tournaments they give a shit about?!?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:13:57 pm by Rikkert »

Offline Kraz

• CIS Spanker
  • Colonel
  • cool guy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wódka jest fajna
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2021, 03:20:39 pm »
cry me a river

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2021, 05:36:32 pm »

ye brah i'm a big sweaty tryhard omg i can't believe i can play for a win omg

As is the case with most things in life if you disagree with something(in this case the former rules) you're almost definitely going to speak out, while if you agree you're very unlikely to say anything at all. I don't mind this decision too much as I wasn't expecting a placing even before the rule was withdrawn but to me it's just sad to see native names that haven't been seen around on NW for months appear out of thin air. This should be sufficiently indicative of the fact that they (as of recently) show no real interest for this DLC, and, thus, should not be considered part of this community.

This is exactly the case, which is why the lack of people posting in support of the rule during the discussion indicated that most people were fine for it to change. I don't really understand your final point, are you saying that if someone doesn't play NW for a short period of time they're no longer part of the community? Do you apply that to NW-only players as well? As a broad statement, saying that if someone doesn't play NW actively all the time they're no longer part of the community is pretty absurd. I mean, I still regularly play and talk with NW players that I made friends with during the near two-years I've played the module for. As others have pointed out, there are other NW players who haven't really been playing the game much that decided to sign up for this tournament too, but you wouldn't claim they're no longer part of the community for their lack of recent activity.

/thread

Barely any of the cav players that signed up play inf as well, but that doesn't bother anyone and I haven't seen anyone even mention it.These types of tournaments are the only inf tournaments these players are interested in and therefore these are the only inf tournaments that they are active in, just like the native players. And I don't see the problem with that to be honest. These tournaments happen like once a year so why the fuck would you bar some of the best players just because they didn't force themselves to play inf in between the sword tournaments just so they can be "considered active"?? ?

Also, how is someone supposed to become active if you bar them from the only tournaments they give a shit about?!?

Very true Rikkert.

Just pointing out the NW elitism; I'll still be playing but can we just make rules and follow them instead of catering them to better players, k thx.

🤣🤣🤣

What absolute nonsense. For one, this is not elitism in the slightest. Everyone had an opportunity to contribute to the discussion and the argument was made on the basis of those Native players that have demonstrably been a part of the NW community being allowed to take part, not on the basis of allowing any "elite" Native player to take part. The tournament hasn't started and has several weeks until its start, I don't see an issue with changing the rules so far out since it gives everyone time to contribute to the discussion and decide whether they still want to play.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Elsse

« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2021, 05:51:38 pm »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2021, 06:44:42 pm »
Horny for palmares xd
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline MarxeiL

• Board Moderator
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2021, 06:54:48 pm »
@Me and @Herishey planning to make a rule about banning any player who can block 4 directions apart from O’Neil.

I guess it will reduce the spam on the thread and avoid shit posting. Have a good day!
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |