Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer III  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Vortx

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Total War: Warhammer III
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2021, 10:36:22 pm »
Once saw an Oldenbourg with 3 full stacks. A province that isnt able to pay for 4 units if I own it. Seems legit
Yeah, especially if you play on legendary difficulty. AI doesn't get smarter, it gets extremely buffed. Not sure if that's an issue in Warhammer as i only played a bit of it.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2021, 10:52:26 pm »
Once saw an Oldenbourg with 3 full stacks. A province that isnt able to pay for 4 units if I own it. Seems legit
Yeah, especially if you play on legendary difficulty. AI doesn't get smarter, it gets extremely buffed. Not sure if that's an issue in Warhammer as i only played a bit of it.
it's the exact same sadly. Higher difficulty just means the AI will have double ur armies.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2021, 12:08:22 am »
The AI get a variety of cheats both campaign and in battles.  The higher you go, the worse it gets.   I just play on Hard nowadays as i do not find the challenge above that to be fun.  Not to mention it removes options from the game as to what you can do. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
  • Side: Union
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2021, 06:14:50 pm »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2021, 06:27:31 pm »
kislev
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 04:29:11 am »
The gameplay didnt do much to move me.   It was a quest battle with deployables put on easy/normal for all the non TW players.

Hopefully we see some normal gameplay in the next month or two.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2021, 05:52:11 pm »
the 30fps gameplay atleast made it a realistic experience for me
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2021, 06:59:24 pm »
The AI get a variety of cheats both campaign and in battles.  The higher you go, the worse it gets.   I just play on Hard nowadays as i do not find the challenge above that to be fun.  Not to mention it removes options from the game as to what you can do.
it's quite hard to do a more intelligent ai or a more stupid one, so they just solved it with buffs for the ai.

like on legendary difficulty the ai doesnt pay for colonisation, can see the entire map (except armies in hidden stance), has 80%less upkeep, 70% less recruitment cost, +125 growth per turn, +500xp per turn, -80% public order penalty, way higher unit stats and so on.

so you could fight a 1v1 against the ai with the exact same unit and you would lose because your stats are worse.
and i haven't even started with the debuffs for the player....

very hard is the perfect gamemode for me, not to easy not to hard

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2021, 06:34:08 pm »
it's quite hard to do a more intelligent ai or a more stupid one, so they just solved it with buffs for the ai.

like on legendary difficulty the ai doesnt pay for colonisation, can see the entire map (except armies in hidden stance), has 80%less upkeep, 70% less recruitment cost, +125 growth per turn, +500xp per turn, -80% public order penalty, way higher unit stats and so on.

so you could fight a 1v1 against the ai with the exact same unit and you would lose because your stats are worse.
and i haven't even started with the debuffs for the player....

very hard is the perfect gamemode for me, not to easy not to hard
Giving the AI buffs is the easiest way to make them stronger without much coding.  You take an existing system and give them a boost there.  It saves you on processing times.  The next quickest way to make the AI "smarter" would be "weighing" its different calculations based on difficulty. Perhaps even gate keeping some of its abilities.  Even then, you could still easily out smart it by abusing whatever it cant deal with.  One hero/lord with magic can defeat entire armies without much trouble.(even easier if you trait farm)  Or in 3ks case, 1 lord can dominate an entire army in melee.

Anyways, it is a common to make the AI stronger in pretty much any game but just giving it extra goodies.  Civ 6 gives them free troops, settlers, workers, and even techs on higher difficulties.  The main paradox titles gives a variety of buffs. 

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2021, 06:59:23 pm »
the fact that for the toughest AI ive ever played against i have to go back to some gameboy strategy game called Advance Wars: dark conflict :'( she was called Larissa and no busted stats, no bs boosts, she was just better than you at the game and adaped everytime you changed tactics and she wasnt even the final boss. Its turn-based and each leader has its own theme playing during their turn and i still have ptsd from hers

i wish they still made AIs like these
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12