Author Topic: Maskmans & Mitchells 7v7 Rookie Tournament. 1st NPPA 2nd Akatsuki 3rd Nr13  (Read 23003 times)

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
If we are being realistic there where few rookie teams, and u could spot that by looking in challonge, im not saying it wasnt enjoyable, but next time lets try to do a true rookie tourney or the closest to it possible, besides that was good and i like the fact everyone had at least 7 matches to play

But is real rookie tournament that necessary? As I said, alter the name so it doesn't imply "rookie" tournament, so established but still less experienced and skilled players can easily take part without any questions asked, as well as draw a clear line/carpet ban for instance tier 1-3 players and maybe try and allow one per team but make it so they can play to set an example in game as well.

+1

It's hard to draw the line, but I think it was well done. Of course you can argue that NPP, Nr13 and 92nd can't be considered as rookies. But tbf most of them never/hardly performed on international stage very well, so maybe they're now motivated to push further and lower skilled players are motivated too, cause they know they have a chance winning against these semi-rookies.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
  • Side: Neutral
If we are being realistic there where few rookie teams, and u could spot that by looking in challonge, im not saying it wasnt enjoyable, but next time lets try to do a true rookie tourney or the closest to it possible, besides that was good and i like the fact everyone had at least 7 matches to play

But is real rookie tournament that necessary? As I said, alter the name so it doesn't imply "rookie" tournament, so established but still less experienced and skilled players can easily take part without any questions asked, as well as draw a clear line/carpet ban for instance tier 1-3 players and maybe try and allow one per team but make it so they can play to set an example in game as well.

+1

It's hard to draw the line, but I think it was well done. Of course you can argue that NPP, Nr13 and 92nd can't be considered as rookies. But tbf most of them never/hardly performed on international stage very well, so maybe they're now motivated to push further and lower skilled players are motivated too, cause they know they have a chance winning against these semi-rookies.

I think 92nd Grens are rookies tho, considering they didn't make it out of the group stage :P
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack

+1

I think 92nd Grens are rookies tho, considering they didn't make it out of the group stage :P
Irrelevant tournament. Not worth our sweat.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
XD
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
Nice reaction Vegi ;D

But as I said. Ofc we were a rookie team. As yesterday showed only 2 people of the team frequently play small gfs.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
Nice reaction Vegi ;D

But as I said. Ofc we were a rookie team. As yesterday showed only 2 people of the team frequently play small gfs.

gg wp tho the tournament was very up in the air with 92nd Centre smashing NPP A and some close games between 92nd Grens and NPP B, the tournament title was very much up for grabs.
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Loyal

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Henryyyy
+ both 92nd teams, almost entire NPPA, DT etc

I mean tbf our 92nd Centre team all had never played in a tourney before apart from me, Mik and Pieter (we are all rusty tho).

Though saying that I'm not sure anyone is still any clearer about what a rookie actually is. Is it someone who is completely new to the game, people who have never played tournaments before or someone who just aren't in a big team? If another 'rookie' tournament happens then this should be clearly defined in the rules or just make it a minor tournament as suggested above.

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
maybe rookie = never made it out of groupstage in normal tournaments?

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
Fuck you im very angry im not tournament fuck you mitchell and admins

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
maybe rookie = never made it out of groupstage in normal tournaments?
I don't think we should implement any rule about the word "rookie" since we'll always argue. Only the organiser should be allowing / disallowing people to play.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
Locking the Thread! Hope you guys enjoyed the first edition of the Rookie Tournament  ;D

1st 🥇NPP A

2nd 🥈Akatsuki

3rd 🥉 Nr13

Thanks to all teams that came to the tournament it was arefreshing to have rookie teams battle it out in a balls to the walls group stage with teams playing 7 FT5 matches in the group stage for a very up in the air tournament. I would like to thank a few people in particular mainly Mitchell for cohosting this tournament with me, but also to Tardet and Clikenforce for helping me referee matches and providing advice with the tournament in regards to rulesets and formats. I would also like to thank the 16 man admin team in particularly to Fotin and Snikk acting as headadmins on either of the servers, reffing over 120 matches spending hour and a half banging through these - it was nice not having team captains referee matches but individual neutral referees - without you guys it wouldn't have been as smooth as the tournament turned out to be.

Obviously this was the first tournament of its kind and was a great success, there was always going to be roster issues as proved by the 20 odd pages of FSE shit spam on this thread. We tried to make this tournament as genuinely rookie as possible whilst maintaining a high level of respectable rookie teams and hype for the tournament, a balance that maybe we didn't get right this time but will next timel. Personally I had a blast hosting this despite it being very time intensive but I hope my time committed was reflected in the smooth quality of tournament that was provided today. It was honestly very refreshing and enjoyable to see many regimental based group fighting teams actually enjoying matches at a decent level and actually preforming - something that current tournaments and current formats don't allow. Hopefully we can see in the future see some of these slightly stronger rookie teams getting involved in the current tournaments hosted now, something that the current scene desperately needs.

Just a quick word on the tournament, although Mask has definitely gone over all of the important things...

Personally, with this being the first proper tournament I've been a host in to any extent, I would like to believe it was a huge success and was enjoyable for all that partook. A few words of thanks are required. Firstly to all of the participants, who made the tournament and were patient enough to bear with whilst each match was sorted. Secondly to all the admins and referees who upheld a great standard throughout just over 3 hours of their own time and who without the tournament would have quickly descended into chaos. Finally to Mask himself who definitely carried the hosting, which I'm sure many of you figured out.

Overall I massively enjoyed being a part of the tournament, being fortunate enough to lead NPP B to some great victories in the group stages and this has certainly made me want to host another edition in the future if there is enough demand for one.

With that being said, many lessons were learnt from this first attempt and the next edition will feature an updated and more defined rule set to truly make it a tournament of rookies

Congratulations to the top 3 teams, and thankyou once again to all involved!  :)

The Boys doing gods work
[close]