Author Topic: EGS | Discussion  (Read 61129 times)

Nock

Re: EGS | Discussion
« Reply #630 on: January 26, 2022, 11:43:18 pm »
i miss when voluble was still managing most of the egs league1 stuff

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #631 on: January 26, 2022, 11:47:19 pm »
Yes but now he can watch Aston Villa in peace

Offline Arch4ngel

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Archangel will be fine
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Archangel
« Reply #632 on: January 27, 2022, 12:24:03 am »
add playoffs in L2

Offline Tomppa

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 27, 2022, 09:55:39 am »
''Fucking bunglers'' - President Kekkonen to the Finnish ministery

Offline Artista.

• Captain
  • Ex. 47th, 66th, 85e, 15thYR, Nr12, K-KA,92nd Gren.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~Artista~
« Reply #634 on: January 27, 2022, 11:53:54 am »
#freejanne
vegi is literally the worst of the worst in this community.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #635 on: January 29, 2022, 03:40:59 am »
I hope everyone has touched some grass and drank some water so that they are now calm.

Phailur

« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2022, 05:20:16 pm »
You can argue all you want, the truth is there is no win-win possibility in these kinds of situations nor is there a 'fairer' option that out rules all others.
Well i don't see the downside of having a less harsh punition if a person who broke the rule didn't do it with bad intentions and it didn't impact the competition in any way. That's win win imo, banning him is the only lose lose scenario imo.
Listen to this guy, hes smart. I know he sounds like a cute little mixed-race british-french boy but hes got a really big brain believe me i saw it!

Nock

« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2022, 05:35:01 pm »
I hope everyone has touched some grass and drank some water so that they are now calm.

Everyone was calm  ;D

Offline Dren

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2022, 12:59:25 am »
You can argue all you want, the truth is there is no win-win possibility in these kinds of situations nor is there a 'fairer' option that out rules all others.
Well i don't see the downside of having a less harsh punition if a person who broke the rule didn't do it with bad intentions and it didn't impact the competition in any way. That's win win imo, banning him is the only lose lose scenario imo.
Listen to this guy, hes smart. I know he sounds like a cute little mixed-race british-french boy but hes got a really big brain believe me i saw it!
plz don't look into my skull again i'm very brain shy

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #639 on: January 30, 2022, 02:19:53 am »
plz don't look into my skull again i'm very brain shy

Offline DarkTemplar

• Board Moderator
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #640 on: February 07, 2022, 09:44:51 pm »
really nice to see how many of you actually are making their minds on how to improve the EGS/general competetive NW rn

I totall agree with many of you
EGS was for the last two seasons quite boring, especially this one.
envy/Amaterasu winning every time
Of course Poosy/10C was up for a fight, Enigma in the beginning beat them in semis, but still not consistent enough to really do this on a regular base.
Then we have some contenders for the top 3, but most of the time you can tell who will play against each other and how it will end.

Furthermore with teams like Animals, who are literally doing nothing and winning with this strategy, it isn't enjoyable at all, from a players perspective.
Animals obv not the only one doing it, but simply doing it "best".

Last but not least, I want to share my organizers/HA view on this season
It is really devastating to see on which low level of sportmanship we are having here, on a dead game. Ruining the fun of the last few players playing, and also the organizers.

Everyone of the admin team is giving his free time to make sure this huge project is a positive contribution to the community and there are still some people who keep arguing and insulting after they broke rules or doesn't get what they want. I can tell you all, that everyone of the admin team sacrificed several hours into this, doesn't matter if former admins, or now admins.

I really think it's devastating to see how League 2 is run perfectly smooth, with players who have less experience in the competetive community, and still don't whine so much, or have the feeling they have to share their unasked opinion on an issue.

Witht his alltogether I'm looking forward to the playoffs, with surely some changes in the final placement, compared to the standing rn.
But besides that I'm also looking forward to the break of EGS, and focusing afterwards on the part of the community which appreciates the hard work done by the organizers. 

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #641 on: February 07, 2022, 09:58:43 pm »
Furthermore with teams like Animals, who are literally doing nothing and winning with this strategy, it isn't enjoyable at all, from a players perspective.

Everyone of the admin team is giving his free time to make sure this huge project is a positive contribution to the community and there are still some people who keep arguing and insulting after they broke rules or doesn't get what they want. I can tell you all, that everyone of the admin team sacrificed several hours into this, doesn't matter if former admins, or now admins.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:07:14 pm by Blitzkrieg. »

Offline Alatriste1234

• Second Lieutenant
  • asfkasfuasfmasf
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #642 on: February 07, 2022, 10:19:01 pm »
really nice to see how many of you actually are making their minds on how to improve the EGS/general competetive NW rn

I totall agree with many of you
EGS was for the last two seasons quite boring, especially this one.
envy/Amaterasu winning every time
Of course Poosy/10C was up for a fight, Enigma in the beginning beat them in semis, but still not consistent enough to really do this on a regular base.
Then we have some contenders for the top 3, but most of the time you can tell who will play against each other and how it will end.

Last but not least, I want to share my organizers/HA view on this season
It is really devastating to see on which low level of sportmanship we are having here, on a dead game. Ruining the fun of the last few players playing, and also the organizers.

I really think it's devastating to see how League 2 is run perfectly smooth, with players who have less experience in the competetive community, and still don't whine so much, or have the feeling they have to share their unasked opinion on an issue.

Witht his alltogether I'm looking forward to the playoffs, with surely some changes in the final placement, compared to the standing rn.
But besides that I'm also looking forward to the break of EGS, and focusing afterwards on the part of the community which appreciates the hard work done by the organizers.

a guy from enigma saying that animals wins cause we dont do anything (when in our match we were all the rounds doing 2v1s in mid, is not our problem that some of ur guys doesnt have enough gamesense) such an irony coming from a player from enigma with the german style always known for being the most passive ever in the game, next time maybe play the match smart like enigma usually does instead of diving in and launching random and dumb stabs with 0 game sense and stop crying
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 10:20:35 pm by Alatriste1234 »

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 07, 2022, 10:19:13 pm »

I'm best in running in and dieing first

Tbh a break would be good, maybe nwwc + draft pick random 2v2 sword what ever FUN tournament. After that and I would say even a summer break there could be potential to do a next egs season, if enough ppl still play for different teams and admins willing to org

Wursti

« Reply #644 on: February 07, 2022, 10:19:36 pm »
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD