Author Topic: Fellow Modders, Help Needed!  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
Fellow Modders, Help Needed!
« on: October 19, 2020, 01:47:27 am »
So, I'm currently working on a project to replace the old boring 15éme Régiment d'Infanterie Légère with the new Régiment de Flanqueurs de la Garde Imperiale (Juene Garde).  HOWEVER it doesn't look right.  I think its that pink wacky looking thing (see images), any help is welcome.  Ps: I've been doing uniforms for a while, but this is the first time I've encountered this.

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: 92nd | Col | John Gordon
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fellow Modders, Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:01:51 am »
So, I'm currently working on a project to replace the old boring 15éme Régiment d'Infanterie Légère with the new Régiment de Flanqueurs de la Garde Imperiale (Juene Garde).  HOWEVER it doesn't look right.  I think its that pink wacky looking thing (see images), any help is welcome.  Ps: I've been doing uniforms for a while, but this is the first time I've encountered this.

Rooky mistake, you got the wrong texture file with the wrong model

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 11:31:33 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
[/spoiler]

And where would I find the modules?

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:38:05 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
[/spoiler]

Well usually people make a model first then the texture file, but judging by the looks of things you got a laigle model and edited a vanilla NW texture. So if you wish to use the laigle model, find the corresponding texture file and edit it to whatever you want or if you want to use the texture file you got right now find the vanilla NW model that fits it.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 10:49:54 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
[/spoiler]

Well usually people make a model first then the texture file, but judging by the looks of things you got a laigle model and edited a vanilla NW texture. So if you wish to use the laigle model, find the corresponding texture file and edit it to whatever you want or if you want to use the texture file you got right now find the vanilla NW model that fits it.

I know where the textures are (obviously), but where do I find the modules and fix those?  Also, do you know what the pink thing is?  I've seen the uniforms are in a certain spots to show up, but have no idea how to actually see which specific spots I'm editing..

Offline Wolffe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Bydand!
    • View Profile
    • 92nd Regiment of Foot
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 10:57:16 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
[/spoiler]

I know where the textures are (obviously), but where do I find the modules and fix those?  Also, do you know what the pink thing is?  I've seen the uniforms are in a certain spots to show up, but have no idea how to actually see which specific spots I'm editing..

Its not a module you need it’s a model, and where it is I have no clue, best retrace your steps and find the original. See it like this: you’re trying to fit a very thin dress on a very fat woman. In your case you need to find the right woman for your dress. The pink purple thing is a bump map, the shade of colour purple decides if that part of the uniform comes out or sticks in. Like the buttons for instance, the bump map makes it so they aren’t flat circles but actually half spheres

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 05:23:39 am »
Spoiler

[close]
[/spoiler]

Its not a module you need it’s a model, and where it is I have no clue, best retrace your steps and find the original. See it like this: you’re trying to fit a very thin dress on a very fat woman. In your case you need to find the right woman for your dress. The pink purple thing is a bump map, the shade of colour purple decides if that part of the uniform comes out or sticks in. Like the buttons for instance, the bump map makes it so they aren’t flat circles but actually half spheres

The reason why this confuses me, is because if you look at this: (these uniforms were brought over from the 1755 Old Frontiers mod and worked perfectly)
Spoiler
[close]