Author Topic: Commander Battles  (Read 817 times)

Offline zachary6996

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Commander Battles
« on: September 08, 2020, 07:25:57 pm »
I hope we'll see something like Commander Battles in this, its by far my favorite game mode in NW. Being able to be an officer and march around giving orders to my dumb soldiers, fighting battles in a much larger battle. The best part about it is the ability to have massive 200+ vs 200+ battles with only 15 - 20 people in the server. I feel it would massively aid BCoF in its longevity, and people wouldn't have to wait around playing smaller skirmishes, waiting for the weekend events to participate in an epic battle, as well as giving the average joe the ability to lead regiments into canon fire. I love line battles, but im not a very good commander, so I stay as a rank & file rifleman. Commander battle gives us all the ability to participate in these huge battles as officers, giving crucial orders with the perfect timing. NW commander battles comes close to perfection for me and a lot of other people, with some easily fixable annoying bugs (lack of facing orders).

Its a shame most games just fizzle out and die because the game is built around having a lot of people in the server, and there just arnt enough people to participate in said server. Commander Battle fixes this by putting the average joe in the commanders spot, to order around 30 or so people, multiplying the one player by 30. You can have awesome battles with just 10 people in the server.

Another idea since im already here, would be the ability to split your reg up, separating 10 of your guys to go help the flank in need.

Just my thoughts. I am very excited about this game, just found out about it, looks very promising so far.  :)

Edit: Another big fault of NW, that is sometimes annoying, was not being able to tell your soldiers who to fire at.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:53:05 pm by zachary6996 »

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
Re: Commander Battles
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 08:30:20 pm »
i agree, Commander Battles are alot of fun and keep the public community alive. look at Prime and Load for example, they didnt have any sort of game mode similar to it and the public community died within a couple weeks.

Offline zachary6996

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:51:16 pm »
So many good games die because of a lack of player base. More games should focus on giving the player bots to control, even if its just a squad, as it multiplies the player base 10x-30x. The hard part is making the AI smart enough, but musket warfare AI doesnt need to be that smart anyway, hes just gotta do what you tell him.

RIP Forgotten Hope 2, one of my favs.
I usually have to wait until certain time on the weekends to even play war of rights.  :-[

Offline Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 20th Maine Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 09:26:07 pm »
War of Rights with the Arty update is more popular, their is always a pubs server with 100+ server every day now. but i agree, BCoF should have some sort of bot commanding aspect.