Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (5v5) {Season 2 Thread}{Champions: Hellraisers}  (Read 57551 times)

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
  • Hey, How are you! Best EU.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: PonyBoy
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Draft League Season 2 {Main Thread}{Week 3}
« Reply #495 on: September 12, 2019, 03:32:52 am »
The way I see it with only 6 team why not make it all 6 in the playoffs. That doesnt mean the regular season is worthless if it's for seeding. If the playoffs is like this an upper bracket and a lower bracket. Top 2 teams get a bye in the upper bracket for first week whilst the 4 others in the bottem bracket fight for elimination. Then so on a so forth if you understand what I'm implying. Meaning regular season isnt usless if you want an extra  life in the playoffs get top 2. Rebuttle to what godfries says why put in the time and sign up to not try even if everyone makes the playoffs. I just think people want to play the game that's why we want a playoff.
8=====================D ~ ~ ~ ~

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #496 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:40 am »
The way I see it with only 6 team why not make it all 6 in the playoffs. That doesnt mean the regular season is worthless if it's for seeding. If the playoffs is like this an upper bracket and a lower bracket. Top 2 teams get a bye in the upper bracket for first week whilst the 4 others in the bottem bracket fight for elimination. Then so on a so forth if you understand what I'm implying. Meaning regular season isnt usless if you want an extra  life in the playoffs get top 2. Rebuttle to what godfries says why put in the time and sign up to not try even if everyone makes the playoffs. I just think people want to play the game that's why we want a playoff.

My point wasn't against having playoffs. My point is that everyone making the playoffs regardless of performance makes playoffs cheap. Who cares where you get seeded? The bottom 2 teams likely get eliminated anyways and the top 4 teams end up facing, it's just adding an extra unnecessary step.

If you want to get into the playoffs, prove your team's good enough, simple as that. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 03:45:03 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 12, 2019, 04:02:48 am »
This is were we differ, to me it's not cheap to have all "6" teams in the playoffs and making it more exciting to see those two teams who you think wouldn't have a chance win. The seeding will still give a reason for the regular season why wouldn't you want to care. Anyways why not have an extra step though, are we really all not wanting to play more when we barely have comp tourneys? (Question to everyone.)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:06:11 am by Runepkyz »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 12, 2019, 04:18:19 am »
This is were we differ, to me it's not cheap to have all "6" teams in the playoffs and making it more exciting to see those two teams who you think wouldn't have a chance win. The seeding will still give a reason for the regular season why wouldn't you want to care. Anyways why not have an extra step though, are we really all not wanting to play more when we barely have comp tourneys.

I don't care because it makes no practical difference. Doesn't matter if you're 6th or 1st seed, you're still in the playoffs, the only difference is 6th seed has to work a lot less to get to the same place. A 1 round bye is not incentive to actually try if you're just going to make it to the playoffs regardless. It's cheap.

Want a spot, earn a spot, simple as that.

Offline Runepkyz

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 12, 2019, 04:29:10 am »
Half glass empty way of seeing it, my point still stand why not care about seeding. You say its easier for the 6th seed and less work but I see it as more work. Why not want a bye though its something good to earn. This is just something I think would be better for the community. But alas Just an idea.

Still the same. Earn your seed, play to win. Simple as that.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #500 on: September 12, 2019, 04:42:09 am »

My point wasn't against having playoffs. My point is that everyone making the playoffs regardless of performance makes playoffs cheap. Who cares where you get seeded? The bottom 2 teams likely get eliminated anyways and the top 4 teams end up facing, it's just adding an extra unnecessary step.

If you want to get into the playoffs, prove your team's good enough, simple as that.

1 and 2 get byes. 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5. What’s so bad about this. Try hard and perform and you get a bye week. That’s a huge advantage. No risk of a first round exit. The bottom teams get to have fun and compete and play with a chance to earn a spot in the next round. You should care where you’re seeded. You want to play an extra match and risk losing if you think your team is good enough to potentially win? You also get the easier matchup.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 12, 2019, 04:42:52 am »
Half glass empty way of seeing it, my point still stand why not care about seeding. You say its easier for the 6th seed and less work but I see it as more work. Why not want a bye though its something good to earn. This is just something I think would be better for the community. But alas Just an idea.

It's not a glass half empty or half full issue. Explain to me how it takes more work to achieve 6th seed (last place) than it takes to achieve 1st Seed (1st place). Because I'm having a hard time understanding that and it looks like some hardcore autism to me.
Why would you want a bye? It doesn't make any practical difference. It's a brownie point and nothing else. It doesn't give you any real advantage, it's just, you get a week off, congrats.

1 and 2 get byes. 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5. What’s so bad about this. Try hard and perform and you get a bye week. That’s a huge advantage. No risk of a first round exit. The bottom teams get to have fun and compete and play with a chance to earn a spot in the next round. You should care where you’re seeded. You want to play an extra match and risk losing if you think your team is good enough to potentially win? You also get the easier matchup.

The bottom teams already are being given an opportunity to have fun and compete with a chance to earn their spot in the playoffs. It's up to every team to prove they actually deserve that spot instead of just being given it regardless of performance.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:45:46 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 12, 2019, 04:52:21 am »

It's not a glass half empty or half full issue. Explain to me how it takes more work to achieve 6th seed (last place) than it takes to achieve 1st Seed (1st place). Because I'm having a hard time understanding that and it looks like some hardcore autism to me.
Why would you want a bye? It doesn't make any practical difference. It's a brownie point and nothing else. It doesn't give you any real advantage, it's just, you get a week off, congrats.

The bottom teams already are being given an opportunity to have fun and compete with a chance to earn their spot in the playoffs. It's up to every team to prove they actually deserve that spot instead of just being given it regardless of performance.

You want a bye so that you are guaranteed to make the next round lmao. You literally are already 1 win away from the final instead of 2. Huge advantage.

Also Rune was saying that it is much harder as the 6 seed to advance in the playoffs. Thus they have to work harder to make it to the final. They get the tougher matchups.

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 12, 2019, 04:57:27 am »

You want a bye so that you are guaranteed to make the next round lmao. You literally are already 1 win away from the final instead of 2. Huge advantage.

Also Rune was saying that it is much harder as the 6 seed to advance in the playoffs. Thus they have to work harder to make it to the final. They get the tougher matchups.

Ik what he intended to say. But I don't appreciate people replying to what I didn't say like it's something I did, which is what he did. So now we're doing this. Respond to what I say as I said it or don't reply.

Ok? And if the bottom two teams don't earn their spot in the play offs and it's top 4 teams, they're already 1 win away from the final and they don't have to suffer any downtime.

If you want a chance to upset, do it now during the regular season to earn a spot in the playoffs and then do it again in the playoffs. But it's something that has to be earned, not just handed out. That's what it means to compete.

Anyone who is so afraid at the idea of earning their spot in the playoffs instead of just being automatically given a spot or has such little faith in their teams ability to earn a spot that they'd consider this option, should do themselves and their team a favor and just drop from the league.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:11:10 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #504 on: September 12, 2019, 05:19:27 am »
anybody against a 6 team playoff getting a good ole steam call from me during their match
click here to join the 84th

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2019, 05:20:30 am »

Ik what he intended to say. But I don't appreciate people replying to what I didn't say like it's something I did, which is what he did.

Ok? And if the bottom two teams don't earn their spot in the play offs and it's top 4 teams, they're already 1 win away from the final and they don't have to suffer any downtime.

Because like what Rune was mentioning, it is just better for the community too. We barely get to play any competitive tournaments. A playoff involving everyone is way more fun and it’s a lot more competitive. But since that won’t be a good enough reason, I’ll give you more.

What kind of playoffs have 4 teams in it and that’s it lmao. What kind of league has only 6 teams

If you wanna get more selective you can think of it as the bottom 4 teams playing to get into the playoffs. With the top two seeds guaranteed a spot. Really isn’t that hard to think of.

Y’all are content cause you know you’ll be a top 4 team and I get it. Makes it less work for you guys. But that’s just not how this shit should work. More competition is just more fun. It adds to the risk and the stakes. Like idk why people just refuse to let the bottom teams play. Everything that’s been laid out makes complete sense to allow it.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2019, 05:40:29 am »
negative
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:32:03 am by Waste-Too-Cool »

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2019, 05:46:55 am »
Spoiler

Ik what he intended to say. But I don't appreciate people replying to what I didn't say like it's something I did, which is what he did.

Because like what Rune was mentioning, it is just better for the community too. We barely get to play any competitive tournaments. A playoff involving everyone is way more fun and it’s a lot more competitive. But since that won’t be a good enough reason, I’ll give you more.

What kind of playoffs have 4 teams in it and that’s it lmao. What kind of league has only 6 teams

If you wanna get more selective you can think of it as the bottom 4 teams playing to get into the playoffs. With the top two seeds guaranteed a spot. Really isn’t that hard to think of.

Y’all are content cause you know you’ll be a top 4 team and I get it. Makes it less work for you guys. But that’s just not how this shit should work. More competition is just more fun. It adds to the risk and the stakes. Like idk why people just refuse to let the bottom teams play. Everything that’s been laid out makes complete sense to allow it.
[close]

Why is it better for the community? Everyone's currently being given a chance to have fun and compete. The league shouldn't pander to the people afraid of getting eliminated. Letting everyone into the playoffs isn't going to better or worsen the state of the community. You know what does worsen the state of the community? Having 1 league drag on longer than it needs to.

I don't know we'll be a top 4 team. I have confidence we will be, but I don't know. The league as it is right now, there's 1 a win difference between the first team and the rest of the teams.  Lots of things can still happen. I'm sorry you don't have the same confidence in your team, which I assume is why you so badly want this option.

And no, all six teams are currently competing for a chance to play in the play offs. I'm not going to think of it as any other way, because that's the reality.

You're confusing more competition with redundant competition, which is what it actually is. Facing the same composition of players over and over again becomes a drag, scheduling with them becomes a drag. It becomes a bigger and bigger headache for staff to deal with.

People want to play this, then move onto the next thing. Just how it is.

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2019, 06:12:48 am »
Godfreid out here acting as if 1 extra round is going to take 3 months, this ain’t WP...

Wait a minute, Jorge signed for this league just so he could sabotage the playoffs and run off to Cuba again, thus proving that WPC wasn’t the worst NW league. Sly dog

Spoiler
plx don’t @ meh, I is only here for me-mey sire
[close]

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2019, 06:41:12 am »
anybody against a 6 team playoff getting a good ole steam call from me during their match
LOOOOOOOL

Fart what is the difference in having an “advantage” in being 1 win away from the final as a 1st or 2nd seed when the same shit would happen if it was the top 4 teams? .....

Also College Football have a 4 teams Playoffs
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:49:20 am by -Nick »