Author Topic: Uploading a Map/ Scene to a Dedicated Server Tutorial- By Bastion Maps  (Read 8097 times)

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union

Introducing Bastion Maps'
Video Tutorial on How to Upload a Map/ Scene to a Dedicated Server

This is a Tutorial on how to add a custom map to a server for Mount and Blade Warband. It demonstrates how to upload a map to Napoleonic Wars DLC, but the same method can be applied to other DLCs or mods.

This process will require the following programs*:

*If your host offers ftp access within your browser, the process remains the same, but you won't require FileZilla, or Notepad++.

Video Synopsis:
Transfer .sco file into SceneOBJ folder, making sure to rename it after an existing vanilla map (with the exception of Napoleonic Wars maps, where custom maps are enabled, so scn_mp_custom_map_1.sco works), then navigate back to the module folder, such as Napoleonic Wars, right click on the file scenes.txt and click view/edit, then replace the module code for the scene you downloaded, with the map code corresponding to the vanilla map you replaced. Finally, restart the server.

Original tutorial for this, made in 2016
[close]

Got any questions? Comment below! Or contact Zebaad directly on steam
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:52:21 am by Zebaad »

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
Fantastic tutorial. Also nice wallpaper engine wallpaper. Makes me want to start using it again.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
Fantastic tutorial. Also nice wallpaper engine wallpaper. Makes me want to start using it again.
Cheers man,
the wallpaper I had commissioned of a map I made
map
[close]