Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60626 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2021, 10:22:57 pm »
Kenneth Walker III just won the Heisman

Miami just snatched the Heisman hopes of Pickett. Van Dyke has looked really good. Maybe we finally have a QB.

Cincinnati is playing with fire at this point. The defense is good enough to carry the offense which is starting so slowly now.

UTSA is the best team in Texas
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 03, 2021, 12:33:52 am »
Cincinnati watching the playoff committee robbing them of their playoff spot

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: November 03, 2021, 05:03:37 am »
Yea, their chances of getting in outside a ton of shake up ahead of them are slim.  They would have to utterly dominate their opponents to have a chance.

Ok way back in 8th despite being undefeated isnt surprising. 

Im not sure about bama being #2.

The other teams are about where i expect them except for Iowa.  They arent playing like a top 25 team.

Should be a fun Nov.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: November 04, 2021, 12:11:37 am »
Yea, their chances of getting in outside a ton of shake up ahead of them are slim.  They would have to utterly dominate their opponents to have a chance.

The other teams are about where i expect them except for Iowa.  They arent playing like a top 25 team.

Should be a fun Nov.

The committee purposely unranked SMU and Houston so that Cincinnati has no chance of beating another top 25 team, thus preventing them from advancing in the rankings. It's a blatant slap in the face to the group of 5. Cincinnati has more NFL talent than most teams in the top 15 (and more than Michigan State who is top 4). They literally just played Georgia last year and lost in a very close contest on a last second field goal. This years team is even better than last year and has arguably the best road win in the country against Notre Dame.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: November 04, 2021, 12:47:35 am »
Cincinnati doesn’t deserve it, if you don’t play in a power 5 and barely sneak by navy you don’t belong. I hope they add more teams to the playoff in the future though 

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: November 04, 2021, 03:11:46 am »

Should be a fun Nov.

The committee purposely unranked SMU and Houston so that Cincinnati has no chance of beating another top 25 team, thus preventing them from advancing in the rankings. It's a blatant slap in the face to the group of 5. Cincinnati has more NFL talent than most teams in the top 15 (and more than Michigan State who is top 4). They literally just played Georgia last year and lost in a very close contest on a last second field goal. This years team is even better than last year and has arguably the best road win in the country against Notre Dame.
i was a little surprised neither one was ranked.

I believe they will be expanding the playoffs in the next few years.  Only doing top 4 was dumb.  You always leave at least one conference out, and you make the group of 5/non affiliated teams have super low chance of ever getting in. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #681 on: November 04, 2021, 03:31:20 am »
Spoiler

Should be a fun Nov.

i was a little surprised neither one was ranked.

I believe they will be expanding the playoffs in the next few years.  Only doing top 4 was dumb.  You always leave at least one conference out, and you make the group of 5/non affiliated teams have super low chance of ever getting in.
[close]
The issue with expanding the numbers is nobody wants to watch the #1 or #2 schools just beat up on the 7th and 8th seeds. Just seems like a waste of games and a chance for many of these NFL bound players to get injured. Similar to how many NFl bound players would skip the bowls their colleges get accepted to.
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 04, 2021, 06:47:13 am »

The issue with expanding the numbers is nobody wants to watch the #1 or #2 schools just beat up on the 7th and 8th seeds. Just seems like a waste of games and a chance for many of these NFL bound players to get injured. Similar to how many NFl bound players would skip the bowls their colleges get accepted to.
In a year like this, anyone can beat anyone.  There were discussions before about giving #1 or #1 and #2 having a game off basically while the rest played.

Plus, how many players would pass up a chance at a national title to skip for the NFL?  Outside of preventing them from being injured in game, would it help their draft stock?

I dont recall a #1 seed winning it all yet.  i wouldnt say that a top seed would dominate the lower ones all the time.(This does depend how far they expand it)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: November 04, 2021, 07:01:05 am »

In a year like this, anyone can beat anyone.  There were discussions before about giving #1 or #1 and #2 having a game off basically while the rest played.

Plus, how many players would pass up a chance at a national title to skip for the NFL?  Outside of preventing them from being injured in game, would it help their draft stock?

I dont recall a #1 seed winning it all yet.  i wouldnt say that a top seed would dominate the lower ones all the time.(This does depend how far they expand it)

FCS does a 16 team playoff. No reason FBS can't pull off something similar too with smaller numbers

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: November 04, 2021, 09:21:55 am »

FCS does a 16 team playoff. No reason FBS can't pull off something similar too with smaller numbers
With how crazy the NCAA basketballs tourneys are,  i wouldnt be surprised if football was any different. 

The biggest concern with adding too many teams, is overlapping with NFL playoffs and superbowl.  Unless they move games up before the holidays.  Personally, i am not opposed to 12 or 16 teams.  I think 8 will be what they go to first.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 04, 2021, 08:15:10 pm »

With how crazy the NCAA basketballs tourneys are,  i wouldnt be surprised if football was any different. 

The biggest concern with adding too many teams, is overlapping with NFL playoffs and superbowl.  Unless they move games up before the holidays.  Personally, i am not opposed to 12 or 16 teams.  I think 8 will be what they go to first.

I hope they do 6 or 8. No automatic bids or any of that shit, not enough teams for that unless they really do 12 teams

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 04, 2021, 08:56:37 pm »
Not trying to see Alabama just shit on whoever the 8th seed is. The only way it could happen is if the weather is ass, and I'm pretty sure they'll play inside a dome, or someshit think at max six would be fine.

I'd be fine seeing football games at the highest level of FBS football. Anything can happen. The odds of a 1 seed vs an 8 seed in football are a lot closer than a 1 seed vs a 16 seed in basketball. It isn't even close really.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #687 on: November 05, 2021, 12:53:56 am »
Havent kept up with the thread that much this season. Ill just say that although USC is doing what we do, you know...sucking. It is an absolute dream seeing Clemson shit the bed so bad this year. I wont say it wholly makes up for S Carolina sucking but its close. Itll be a miracle for them to win the ACC at this point and even if they do theyre not going to the playoff. Love it.

Georgia is looking like the best team this year. Their defense is amazing and their offense is capable of having bad games, but for the most part has performed this season.

And obviously im rooting for Cincy to win the natty. However much of a long shot it is.

Sad the seasons already almost over.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 08, 2021, 01:27:25 am »
A lot of crazy games yesterday.  Looks like a lot of the top teams survived. 

Neb special teams let them down.  Probably one of the toughest schedules in the country.  LSU should of kicked the FGs, but i understand why they went for it.  Tulsa was close to making it a 2 pt conversation away from tying.

I didnt see the MSU vs purdue game, so idk if they dominated them, or if it was MSU hangover.

Another #9 team lost in wake forest.

Ill beating another top 25 team is amusing.  Big 10 west is a mess.  Wis is the most deserving team i guess. 

Baylor lost to TCU, making the Big 12 race crazier. 

Georgia looked good.

Iowa survived NW which is the worst team in the big 10.  ISU beat up Texas.

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 08, 2021, 02:00:02 am »
Kentucky sucks lol