Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60743 times)

Offline Truth4none

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [21st]Maj_T
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #645 on: September 13, 2021, 04:08:54 am »
God I wish FSU would perform well but they just lose to no-name teams :(

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #646 on: September 13, 2021, 06:29:12 pm »
God I wish FSU would perform well but they just lose to no-name teams :(

Miami and FSU will underperform for the next decade I'm sure of it
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #647 on: September 15, 2021, 05:48:24 am »
Well he hurt his ankle, so i doubt he will play or be 100%.

Was surprised to see IU dominated by Iowa.

I didnt get to watch the ISU game, but i was disappointed.  They seem to struggle on week 0.

Wis did their best to throw the game.

OK got given a scare.

I thought there would of been more scoring in the GA vs Clem.

UCLA beating LSU is great for the pac 12.

ACC in general didnt do well.
Desmond Ridder
I like Ridder, cincy is a fun team to watch and I like the logo so I wear my bearcats hat all the time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 15, 2021, 05:56:29 am »
Well he hurt his ankle, so i doubt he will play or be 100%.

Was surprised to see IU dominated by Iowa.

I didnt get to watch the ISU game, but i was disappointed.  They seem to struggle on week 0.

Wis did their best to throw the game.

OK got given a scare.

I thought there would of been more scoring in the GA vs Clem.

UCLA beating LSU is great for the pac 12.

ACC in general didnt do well.
Desmond Ridder
I like Ridder, cincy is a fun team to watch and I like the logo so I wear my bearcats hat all the time

I think they have a legit chance at the playoffs this year

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 19, 2021, 06:53:17 pm »
ISU blew out a nobody, which is good i guess. 

Iowa didnt look great.  Few plays different and it would of been a lot closer.  I am not convinced they are a top 15 team. 

Bama seems to not like putting effort in.  They will lose if they keep playing like that. 

OSU needs a defense. 

Didn't watch the penn state game, but that and the MSU win are both great for the big 10.  Penn state has one of the toughest schedules in the big 10 i think.  At Wis.  At OSU, At Iowa(oct 9)

USC with the backup looked great.

UCLA losing after giving the other team 40 seconds to get a td was impressive.

I think a lot of conferences are wide open as to who will win.

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:18 am »
ISU blew out a nobody, which is good i guess. 

Iowa didnt look great.  Few plays different and it would of been a lot closer.  I am not convinced they are a top 15 team. 

Bama seems to not like putting effort in.  They will lose if they keep playing like that. 

OSU needs a defense. 

Didn't watch the penn state game, but that and the MSU win are both great for the big 10.  Penn state has one of the toughest schedules in the big 10 i think.  At Wis.  At OSU, At Iowa(oct 9)

USC with the backup looked great.

UCLA losing after giving the other team 40 seconds to get a td was impressive.

I think a lot of conferences are wide open as to who will win.

Ohio State needs to bench Stroud. He's lousy. They have two great recruits on the bench behind him, and I'd be shocked if they don't give someone else a look soon.

Cincinnati scraped by Indiana with a great comeback. That game vs Notre Dame is gonna be a good one.

Fresno State is legit, man. They should've beaten Oregon a couple weeks ago. Their quarterback is balling out. He's been huge for them. That drive to beat UCLA was some Hollywood shit.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 20, 2021, 10:56:14 pm »
the indiana game was pretty good.

and yea, that QB was putting it all out on the field for fresno state. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 01, 2021, 04:12:25 am »
i wouldnt be surprised one bit if Iowa loses tomorrow. 

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 10, 2021, 08:05:30 am »
Bama hasnt looked great like usual.  I figured they were due a loss at some point.   They are still a top 5 team, due to all the talent they have and coaches.

Ark vs old Miss was a fun game to watch.  Not a lot of defense.

I didnt get to watch TX vs OK as the cable company is fighting with the people who run abc.  Looked like a fun game.

As for Penn state vs Iowa.   Where do i start.   Game management at the end of both halves was pretty bad for Iowa.     Iowas offense didn't look great, but it is somewhat hard to blame it on them.  Nearly EVERY time Iowa has a big play, a penn state player would be injured.  Pretty convenient to get a free timeout as soon as Iowa gets momentum.(i saw a lot of flopping in the old miss game too for free timeouts) The play calling for Iowa wasnt great.  Outside of a QB sneak, why are we trying to run an option play with the least mobile person in america?  Penn state could not stop QB sneaks, so why not do more of them.  Our QB even with nothing but grass in front of him, refused to take it.  Instead he would run backwards where he would be caught.

The defense isnt that impressive either.  They give up so many large chucks in their zone defense.   Iowa has always struggled against teams who have a very mobile QB and can throw very accurately.(which is what all the top teams have)   The home crowd made a big difference, causing numerous penalties.  Idk if it was the audio settings that the broadcasters used, but that crowd sounded louder than any other game i watched today.

Both Offense and defensive lines for Iowa while good, are still too inexperienced.  They are too inconsistent.  Next year is when i expect them to be more dominant, and hopefully have a more consistent running game.(then again, look at what happened with Iowa state when they brought back all those starters)

Anyways, i am not convinced Iowa is #3 in the nation.  They are use to playing in messy close games, but they didn't look good. 

I do fear that in the coming years, the fake "im injured" stuff will be used more often.  I see it more year after year.  It is footballs version of the flop you see in other sports.  I hope if it does get out of hand, they try and do something to stop it.  I want to say penn state was the better team and would of won had clifford not been hurt.  Of course, what would have the game looked like had Penn state not had so many free timeouts.  Mich state used a similar tactic a while back at iowa, and it worked out for them.

Such a crazy year, who knows who will make the playoffs anymore.  No one looks great except for maybe georgia.  We will see if ohio state is legit in a few weeks.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 10, 2021, 10:10:50 am »
I think Matt Corral is the new Heisman favorite after today, as well as the front-runner for the #1 pick in the draft.

Texas can't catch a break, man. That was hard to watch. Spencer Rattler is a certified BUM. Dude should've been benched a couple weeks ago. Couldn't believe people thought he was the Heisman favorite and the consensus #1 pick in the draft going into this year. He has shown to be inconsistent and reckless. He should look to transfer now or just go into the draft this year. A team will take a flier on his talent, but mentally I think that kid is a shitshow.

Alabama ran into a very good Texas A&M on the road. They have a very good defense and their offense finally looked to piece themselves together. No idea how this team lost to Miss State tbh.

Iowa is old reliable right now. They're in a great position with an easy schedule the rest of the way. Penn State got screwed losing Clifford, even if he wasn't playing that great before he got hurt. Their backup was awful. Sucks cause the kid played in my town at DePaul Catholic. Was a stud there. Definitely wasn't ready.

Kentucky is a legit squad.

Michigan had me believing they were a top 5 team but after that Nebraska game I don't know anymore. They won me a shit ton of money though so it's all good.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #655 on: October 10, 2021, 04:32:11 pm »
It's Georgia and then everyone else. I expect Georgia to win by at least 20 next week vs Kentucky.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 10, 2021, 06:02:57 pm »
It's Georgia and then everyone else. I expect Georgia to win by at least 20 next week vs Kentucky.

The only issue with Georgia is that they’re inconsistent at quarterback. I picked them to win the national championship this year figuring JT Daniels would figure it out and have a great year. I think Kentucky gonna be a good test.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 10, 2021, 06:22:45 pm »
Georgia is a lot like Iowa, great defense(better than Iowa) with inconsistent offense.  They suffer the possible same problem Iowa does, can they put up points if they get into a tight game or a shoot out. 

Kentucky will be a good test. 

Nebraska is probably the best non ranked team.  They played 2 top 10 teams and gave them all they can handle. Unless we view those 2 teams to be overrated.  Im not sold on OK yet.  Maybe if they use the other QB, that will change.

Iowa is iowa, which means even the easiest games will be the ones they lose.  iowa is the team that will play the best teams down to the wire, and then find a way to lose to a peewee team.

Penn states backup QBs all transferred i believe, so their next best option was that guy.  That was just a horrible environment to come into as a freshmen.  Hostile crowd against that defense.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #658 on: October 12, 2021, 03:33:54 pm »
Michigan and MSU are probably overrated. Happens every year
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2021, 01:35:54 am »
Michigan and MSU are probably overrated. Happens every year

They been really good this season. The Big Ten is pretty wide open with all the top teams being inconsistent.