Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60632 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #585 on: December 01, 2020, 04:30:47 pm »
Big 10 is such a mess this year.  On another note, ISU is very likely to be in the championship.  Should be another good match again OK.
Nebraska Corn>Iowa Corn

Spoiler
I think Trey Lance will be a steal for a franchise with a QB thats getting older. I think Fields has closed the gap a lot on Lawrence as far as his draft stock goes but I think his decision making will give him a really hard time once some struggling NFL team puts him in during week 5 out of nowhere to try and save their season. I think it will probably be similar to a Haskins situation

Fields can struggle often against the blitz and under pressure as well. I think comparing him to how Haskins has panned out is a bit unfair, as Fields clearly has more talent. But I get what you mean.  I think there is still a fairly large gap between Lawrence and Fields and to me Lawrence just sees the field so damn well. You can see him go from one progression to the next and his pocket awareness is amazing.

Trey Lance is interesting because I usually am more cautious when it comes to players with limited experience. I hold proven players in higher regard. Trey Lance with another year to prove himself would have benefitted a lot I think. Especially if NDSU actually got to play Oregon this season. He is so good.
[close]

Yeah fields has more talent for sure. My comparison to Haskins wasn’t an insult because I think he actually could have been a good NFL QB under the correct management (although there were some rumors of off the field issues so without factoring in that)

Kinda off topic but anyone else watch JT?

His channel is amazing I love his videos. Also yeah I agree that Haskins could have been good with the right team. I even had him as the most talented QB in his draft class, though as players I preferred Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray at the time and even now because of their mobility.

63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #586 on: December 01, 2020, 06:05:07 pm »
Seeing McSorely play would be cool. He made watching an Ohio state game interesting for once because there was a chance we could lose

Big 10 is such a mess this year.  On another note, ISU is very likely to be in the championship.  Should be another good match again OK.
I would assume the extremely lackluster offense combined with Frost’s relentless screen passes
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:07:20 pm by Rutger Müller »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 01, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »
After watching some film I think I can say that Desmond Ridder is like Spencer Rattler but with wheels

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 12, 2020, 11:56:12 pm »
Ahhh Miami, I was wondering when our yearly embarrassing loss was coming. Unfortunate it had to come now rather than a New Years bowl game...

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #589 on: December 13, 2020, 06:25:25 am »
Lets go LSU!!

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 13, 2020, 05:44:59 pm »
That miami game, yikes.     LSU game looked good.  The shoe throw at the end was so stupid. 

Despite Iowas best efforts, they didnt manage to throw the game.  At least the punters kick will show up on not top 10 plays. 

ISU vs OK should be good.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #591 on: December 15, 2020, 12:21:11 am »
Lets go LSU!!

LSU was looking like they were starting to implode before our eyes what with opt outs and off-field stuff but that was a huge win which should revitalize the program for at least a bit. That shoe throw was elite.

And speaking of imploding before our eyes...

Spoiler
[close]

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 15, 2020, 02:37:04 am »
Lets go LSU!!

LSU was looking like they were starting to implode before our eyes what with opt outs and off-field stuff but that was a huge win which should revitalize the program for at least a bit. That shoe throw was elite.

Spoiler
[close]
Poor South Carolina. At least you got Deion Sanders son!

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #593 on: December 15, 2020, 04:23:44 am »
Lets go LSU!!

Spoiler
[close]
Poor South Carolina. At least you got Deion Sanders son!

Lol idk if you're being sarcastic or not but he literally today announced he was transferring out of the program. He wasn't that great anyways. Also USC's current 2021 recruiting class is ranked 93rd. Being edged out by veritable powerhouses such as Nevada, Temple, and Rice. Shane Beamer better be literally Jesus Christ

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 19, 2020, 11:41:30 pm »
Ohio State did nothing to convince us that they're a top 4 team in the country, but they'll get in regardless.

Brock Purdy with another awful game. Oklahoma's defense was great - never thought I'd be saying that. Matt Campbell should move on to the NFL level now, would love to have him as the Jets head coach.

Texas A&M finish the year strong. Unfortunately they won't get a chance at the playoff but they did already lose to Bama.

Clemson looking really really good against Notre Dame right now. Their defense is suffocating the run and Ian Book is getting no help from his receivers.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2020, 07:26:56 pm »
Sadly i wasn't able to watch a lot of the games yesterday.  I didnt watch OSU vs NW, but i would agree, they never looked like a top 4 team all year.  NW didnt seem like that great of a team this year either. In the west, iowa was playing the best at the end.  I wouldnt say they are great either, but better than NW at that point. 

Purdy this year just hasn't been as consistent as i thought he would be.   Lots of "why would you do that decisions".(like vs baylor)  They had all the momentum at the end though, then those 2 penalties happened and through them off.  The random duck sealed it.  up until those 2 penalties, i believed ISU was going to go and win the game leaving OU with no time left.  OU just couldnt slow them down.  Winning a game with 3 TO is very hard.  Add in meh special teams, and the game shouldn't have been as close as it was.    OU only getting 3 points in the 2nd half gives me doubts about them doing well vs other top teams.  I would have similar doubts with ISU even if they won.  They never completely felt like a top 8 team.  Im not sure the Big 12 in general is a strong conference this year.  I guess we will see in the bowl games. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 30, 2020, 07:09:43 pm »
Miami with another disaster and D'Eriq King gets hurt

Double whammy

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 31, 2020, 05:33:26 am »
Big 12 is looking strong so far.  FL got stomped hard.

Mo backed out of its game with IA.  They shouldn't have accepted it to begin with.  Seems like they just weren't that interested in playing.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 31, 2020, 09:59:16 am »
Let's be real Florida had 0 chance of keeping the game within 20 points. They were missing too many weapons to compete. The over was an easy bet tho $$$

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 31, 2020, 08:42:35 pm »
Florida gave up after the L to LSU.  8)