Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60273 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2020, 12:04:36 am »
I know very little about college football to be honest, i just have a close friend who is a huge Indiana fan. And it’s an exciting time to be an Indiana fan!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2020, 10:00:49 pm »
I know very little about college football to be honest, i just have a close friend who is a huge Indiana fan. And it’s an exciting time to be an Indiana fan!
Yea you dont have to know a ton about it to like it. When I was in school I'd meet a lot of foreign kids studying abroad and they couldnt even tell you what a first down was but theyd become huge fans and go to every game because its just fun.

And Indiana might be a real team. They might have some trouble this week against Ohio St tho.  :-X

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #572 on: November 21, 2020, 10:27:57 pm »
Indiana is kinda nice wit it no cap
Indiana  :( but nonetheless a good showing

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #573 on: November 21, 2020, 11:11:23 pm »
Was a really good game.  Props to IN.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #574 on: November 22, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
Oklahoma blowing out Oklahoma State was easy $$$
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 22, 2020, 06:44:08 pm »
ISU destroyed KS and Iowa beat Penn state.  first time they are 0-5.  the final touchdown of the game was hilarious. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 30, 2020, 08:33:50 pm »
Time to start my early QB scouting. Gonna watch a ton of film soon. Here's my board so far, gonna change a lot I think:

If their name is darker it's because I like them a lot and/or may be higher on them than other people.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #577 on: November 30, 2020, 09:08:44 pm »
Lawrence is gonna be a bust somehow
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 30, 2020, 09:49:15 pm »
I can’t think of a possibility where he doesn’t work out other than injury. He has every tool you want. His only issue that really bugs me is that he’s inconsistent with ball placement on deep passes. I think he’s gonna have a rookie season similar to Justin Herbert. To me he’s similar to Deshaun Watson in that he can run and be mobile, but is more dangerous as a passer and is always poised and can get to his third read. He is also a big human being and he has a great arm.

His floor is probably being Alex Smith. A solid starter with pro bowl potential.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #579 on: November 30, 2020, 10:25:09 pm »
I can’t think of a possibility where he doesn’t work out other than injury. He has every tool you want. His only issue that really bugs me is that he’s inconsistent with ball placement on deep passes. I think he’s gonna have a rookie season similar to Justin Herbert. To me he’s similar to Deshaun Watson in that he can run and be mobile, but is more dangerous as a passer and is always poised and can get to his third read. He is also a big human being and he has a great arm.

His floor is probably being Alex Smith. A solid starter with pro bowl potential.
he’s gonna be on the jets tho
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #580 on: November 30, 2020, 10:50:37 pm »
I think Trey Lance will be a steal for a franchise with a QB thats getting older. I think Fields has closed the gap a lot on Lawrence as far as his draft stock goes but I think his decision making will give him a really hard time once some struggling NFL team puts him in during week 5 out of nowhere to try and save their season. I think it will probably be similar to a Haskins situation

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 30, 2020, 11:34:39 pm »
I think Trey Lance will be a steal for a franchise with a QB thats getting older. I think Fields has closed the gap a lot on Lawrence as far as his draft stock goes but I think his decision making will give him a really hard time once some struggling NFL team puts him in during week 5 out of nowhere to try and save their season. I think it will probably be similar to a Haskins situation

Fields can struggle often against the blitz and under pressure as well. I think comparing him to how Haskins has panned out is a bit unfair, as Fields clearly has more talent. But I get what you mean.  I think there is still a fairly large gap between Lawrence and Fields and to me Lawrence just sees the field so damn well. You can see him go from one progression to the next and his pocket awareness is amazing.

Trey Lance is interesting because I usually am more cautious when it comes to players with limited experience. I hold proven players in higher regard. Trey Lance with another year to prove himself would have benefitted a lot I think. Especially if NDSU actually got to play Oregon this season. He is so good.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 01, 2020, 05:58:23 am »
Big 10 is such a mess this year.  On another note, ISU is very likely to be in the championship.  Should be another good match again OK.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #583 on: December 01, 2020, 06:52:30 am »
Big 10 is such a mess this year.  On another note, ISU is very likely to be in the championship.  Should be another good match again OK.
Nebraska Corn>Iowa Corn

Spoiler

Fields can struggle often against the blitz and under pressure as well. I think comparing him to how Haskins has panned out is a bit unfair, as Fields clearly has more talent. But I get what you mean.  I think there is still a fairly large gap between Lawrence and Fields and to me Lawrence just sees the field so damn well. You can see him go from one progression to the next and his pocket awareness is amazing.

Trey Lance is interesting because I usually am more cautious when it comes to players with limited experience. I hold proven players in higher regard. Trey Lance with another year to prove himself would have benefitted a lot I think. Especially if NDSU actually got to play Oregon this season. He is so good.
[close]

Yeah fields has more talent for sure. My comparison to Haskins wasn’t an insult because I think he actually could have been a good NFL QB under the correct management (although there were some rumors of off the field issues so without factoring in that)

Kinda off topic but anyone else watch JT?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 01, 2020, 09:42:28 am »
I wonder what excuse Neb will come up with at their next lose.