Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60296 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2020, 06:37:51 am »
lets just keep it on topic
this please.

ISU won an easy victory. 

Texas vs OU was something else.  lots of turnovers.  lots of mistakes on both sides.  lots of offense. was entertaining.   OU not being able to close out a game though with a few minutes left is concerning for them.  Had they ran instead of passed, texas may not of had time to go down and score the tying touchdown. 

LSU losing to MO and FL losing to A&M were both surprises. 

I wish i watched the bama game as that seemed like a lot of offense and little defense.(sounds like a lot of games today tbh)

Tenn gave georgia a hard time from what little i saw. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2020, 06:45:19 am »
lets just keep it on topic
this please.

ISU won an easy victory. 

Texas vs OU was something else.  lots of turnovers.  lots of mistakes on both sides.  lots of offense. was entertaining.   OU not being able to close out a game though with a few minutes left is concerning for them.  Had they ran instead of passed, texas may not of had time to go down and score the tying touchdown. 

LSU losing to MO and FL losing to A&M were both surprises. 

I wish i watched the bama game as that seemed like a lot of offense and little defense.(sounds like a lot of games today tbh)

Tenn gave georgia a hard time from what little i saw.

+1

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #512 on: October 11, 2020, 07:07:39 am »
Tennessee couldn't do anything in the second half. Was hoping they could keep up the momentum but Georgia is just too good.

Bama was flat defensively. Lane Kiffin did a great job offensively and went tit for tat with Bama the whole game. Mac Jones is a stud. Najee Harris is a workhorse.

That Florida loss was disappointing but I figured that would be a tough one. Kellen Mond is the real deal. I think Florida is still gonna compete for an SEC title this year regardless.

Clemson probably has the best defense in the country now. Miami couldn't do anything at all. Our special teams was good at least.

Brock Purdy finally looked really good. Been waiting for him to get a good couple of games together. Maybe ISU can redeem the rest of the conference if Purdy can perform.

Feleipe Franks has Arkansas looking like a good team. Arkansas got super unlucky cause Bo Nix botched the snap, spikes the ball backwards which was a fumble, and then only got called for intentional grounding. Arkansas should not have lost that game.

Notre Dame gave me a scare. I thought they were in trouble for that first half there. FSU is fuckin trash tho its about damn time they suck.

UNC finally looked like the team I thought they'd be offensively. Sam Howell had his first good game this year and it all started with their run game.

Mississippi State is a big flop. 2 points. KJ Costello with 4 picks. Just shows you how off LSU is this year especially after that gross Missouri loss today.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #513 on: October 11, 2020, 07:46:48 am »
LSU has one of the best offenses but can’t win much when the defense gives up 40+ points a game. That Defense Coordinator Or our safeties needs to be replaced. It’s funny when you read comments and people saying LSU got lucky they won the natty or that the 2019 team was a fluke based on this year’s team. Legit imagine having 8 new starters out of 11, having barely anytime to work with them to build chemistry, prep them for SEC football and on top of that having to learn the new D coordinator’s playbook. Not the easiest task in the world.

That Texas Oklahoma game was pretty fun to watch. I thought Texas lost way earlier but they somehow manage to get it to OT. Arkansas got screwed of a win by the refs. My man spikes the ball backwards and isn’t called a fumble... It was funny when Dan Mullen was blaming the game on fans but should of blamed it on the RB (Davis) who fumbled the ball to give A&M possession at mid field. I thought GA and Tenn game was going to be a shootout but Georgia stepped up big time in the 2nd half on defense. The bama and ole miss game was very entertaining from a scoring perspective. Too bad the Ole miss center screwed up 2 snaps in a row and messed up Ole miss chances late in that game to keep going toe to toe with bama’s offense.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:58:30 am by -Nick »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 11, 2020, 09:12:43 pm »
I forgot to mention that Ark game.  they got robbed.

ISU is probably the most complete team in the big 12 right now.  I am not sold yet if they are at a big 12 championship level.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 11, 2020, 09:47:12 pm »
I forgot to mention that Ark game.  they got robbed.

ISU is probably the most complete team in the big 12 right now.  I am not sold yet if they are at a big 12 championship level.

If Brock Purdy can sustain his NFL level talent then ISU is definitely in the mix. I think they will get there but anyone can win in that conference.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #516 on: October 18, 2020, 10:11:06 pm »
Youre welcome for satisfying the vengeful wishes of all of college football and beating Auburn.

I can only imagine this will go down as the weirdest season ever. Just in the SEC you can expect 2-3 upsets every week. Most teams are struggling to play consistently which is causing upsets all over. A team will look like one team one week and the opposite the next.

And Mike Leach is making me a sad pirate.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 19, 2020, 12:15:36 am »
ISU at OSU should be good next weekend.  Iowa playing next weekend will be good.  It has been too long since i got irritated by them.

Auburn losing is justice after last weekend.

Georgia vs Al was entertaining.

i didnt see the final score of FSU vs NC, but they were down 24? to nothing in the 2nd quarter.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 19, 2020, 01:38:42 am »
ISU at OSU should be good next weekend.  Iowa playing next weekend will be good.  It has been too long since i got irritated by them.

Auburn losing is justice after last weekend.

Georgia vs Al was entertaining.

i didnt see the final score of FSU vs NC, but they were down 24? to nothing in the 2nd quarter.

final score of FSU vs NC was 31-28. NC almost had a great comeback. their defense left FSU scoreless in the 2nd half but yeah, they had a very good lead at half time (31-7).

Offline ValleyPikey

• Sergeant Major
  • bumbaclut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IRE NWWC 2021
  • Side: Union
« Reply #519 on: October 19, 2020, 01:32:25 pm »
Can't wait for Ohio's first match this weekend coming

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #520 on: October 19, 2020, 06:57:55 pm »
Ewww OSU. @James

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 19, 2020, 08:10:57 pm »
I hope Penn State finally makes the leap this year. Their defense is stacked

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 19, 2020, 09:28:03 pm »

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #523 on: October 19, 2020, 09:50:04 pm »
Can't wait for Ohio's first match this weekend coming

The entire state of Ohio is going to be completely unproductive this week after having to wait this long for football and watching the other conferences play. I'd be surprised if literally anything got done.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #524 on: October 19, 2020, 09:56:22 pm »