Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60586 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #420 on: December 08, 2019, 06:40:56 pm »
well the top 4 went as i thought.

LSU, OSU, Clem, OK
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:47:18 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #421 on: December 08, 2019, 06:57:34 pm »
well the top 4 went as i thought.

LSU, OZU, Clem, OK

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #422 on: December 09, 2019, 06:25:58 am »
Oklahoma is either gonna get blasted or pull out a ridiculous upset. I hope Hurts makes Saban wish he stayed.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2019, 11:57:12 pm »
Oklahoma is either gonna get blasted or pull out a ridiculous upset. I hope Hurts makes Saban wish he stayed.
already did he in the playoffs and saban on the couch

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:41 am »
Burrow got it as expected. Got a good feeling about him in the NFL

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »
+1 He might be the next great one if he continues to play but right now LSU got some business to finish in the playoffs!

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2019, 12:46:33 am »
My bet on Jalen Hurts was a decent one at least. Second place ain't too bad, even though it wasn't close at the end.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #427 on: December 18, 2019, 01:31:33 pm »
+1 He might be the next great one if he continues to play but right now LSU got some business to finish in the playoffs!
hes gonna suck in the nfl
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2019, 11:27:44 pm »
hes gonna suck in the nfl

I think he can be Andy Dalton level for what he is right now. I do think though after watching his film that he can have a crazy ceiling. To pick up on Joe Brady's system and thrive the way he did was incredible. He made a big leap from last year and he looks much better. He rarely ever makes a throw that makes you think, "why???". He just knows what to do with the football. He honestly kind of reminds me of Tom Brady when I see him play. Obviously I'm not saying he will be Brady but the way he plays reminds of him plus their size is similar.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 19, 2019, 12:31:31 am »
it is hard to say how good a player will be in the NFL.  Some great college players turn out to be major duds in the NFL.  A lot of the QBs who relied on running and a little passing dont last long.  They take too much of a beating.  Now if you can get a QB who is mobile but always looking to pass first, then they can do well. 

While the USC vs Iowa game is in less than 2 weeks, idk how much it will change Stanley's draft status if he ends up being drafted. His entire Iowa career is a mixed bag. He set several records at Iowa.  He has had some great games, including giving OSU it's worse loss(or one of) ever under Urban.  He beat ISU 3 times including the thrilling shootout game a few years ago.    Then he has other games that he just didn't look good in.  Lots of missed opportunities.  This year was rough, due to his play, offensive line being meh, and not having those TEs for massive mismatches in the secondary.  A lot of his sacks were coverage sacks.  While the experts predicted iowa would go 8-4, and they did better than that, i also cant help but see what could of been.  Iowa kept it close in all those loses.

I guess that final drive with no TOs with 40ish seconds left at nebraska was one heck of a way to end the regular season. Playing in a pro style offense does help compared to the QBs who never played in that system or even took a snap under center.     

Edit Rip Hayden Fry, former Iowa coach for 20 years.  He produced many great coaches and players, and revived the Iowa football program. Iowa has had 2 coaches in the last 45 years, which is very rare. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:01:58 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2019, 02:13:35 am »
it is hard to say how good a player will be in the NFL.  Some great college players turn out to be major duds in the NFL.  A lot of the QBs who relied on running and a little passing dont last long.  They take too much of a beating.  Now if you can get a QB who is mobile but always looking to pass first, then they can do well. 

While the USC vs Iowa game is in less than 2 weeks, idk how much it will change Stanley's draft status if he ends up being drafted. His entire Iowa career is a mixed bag. He set several records at Iowa.  He has had some great games, including giving OSU it's worse loss(or one of) ever under Urban.  He beat ISU 3 times including the thrilling shootout game a few years ago.    Then he has other games that he just didn't look good in.  Lots of missed opportunities.  This year was rough, due to his play, offensive line being meh, and not having those TEs for massive mismatches in the secondary.  A lot of his sacks were coverage sacks.  While the experts predicted iowa would go 8-4, and they did better than that, i also cant help but see what could of been.  Iowa kept it close in all those loses.

I guess that final drive with no TOs with 40ish seconds left at nebraska was one heck of a way to end the regular season. Playing in a pro style offense does help compared to the QBs who never played in that system or even took a snap under center.     

Edit Rip Hayden Fry, former Iowa coach for 20 years.  He produced many great coaches and players, and revived the Iowa football program. Iowa has had 2 coaches in the last 45 years, which is very rare.

If I'm a team like Atlanta or Minnesota with a solid QB and no great backup, I'd look at Stanley in a round 5-7 spot. I think if he has a good pro day and combine he could even move into third or fourth round consideration. I wish he had a better year tho, especially compared to the past two seasons.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2019, 02:57:50 am »

If I'm a team like Atlanta or Minnesota with a solid QB and no great backup, I'd look at Stanley in a round 5-7 spot. I think if he has a good pro day and combine he could even move into third or fourth round consideration. I wish he had a better year tho, especially compared to the past two seasons.
Same. he had potential for a better year.  If he has a good good bowl game showing, on top of the stuff above, he may be in the middle rounds.  I think he could be a pretty good back up.  The last Iowa QB, last i checked was a backup for San Fran.  I think he did oK when he played for them, but nothing great.  San Fran is certainly enjoying the best TE in football currently, and that is Kittle from Iowa.  It is not only his catching, but his blocking. 

Stanley does have the size and the ability to stay up after a hit like big ben.  That could be something that moves him up. 

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2019, 12:25:03 am »
Clemson is really gonna have me out here cheering for Ohio State. These are strange times indeed. I really want Joe Burrow and LSU to win it all. Them vs OSU would be a dam good game.

National early signing day was the other day. SC got a big win with in-town star Jordan Burch so I was excited about that. USC west campus' class is currently ranked 78th so thats hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 12:28:52 am by The Marksman »

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 27, 2019, 01:43:31 am »
Most disappointing season of football in Miami history

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 27, 2019, 03:44:24 am »
Most disappointing season of football in Miami history
Miami needs to disband their football team for losing to a power 5 school 14-0.