Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60298 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 15, 2019, 01:19:04 am »
those are some good games for this weekend. 

Minn is like baylor, outside of neb, they just find a way to win those close games in the end.  we will see how good they are in the coming weeks.

On a side note, LSU, if you go off of who they played so far, should be #1 imo. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2019, 05:06:47 am »
idk what happened to Wisconsin's defense. I think they just treated the game as easy win and Illinois took advantage. big upset
I really thought Oregon and Baylor were going to lose. they each won the 2nd half.
SC almost had another upset. was a good game.
Georgia and Kentucky was weird (scoreless 1st half) but Georgia wins.
Missouri had a embarrassing loss to Vanderbilt.
Penn State seemed dominate the entire game. I think Michigan has been falling off recently. they don't seem what they were from recent seasons.

Texas just lets itself to choke games. We did not deserve to win. It seems impossible for us to stay consistent. We look worse this year than last right now. I will say this season we have too many injuries on defense and we have to play even more inexperienced CB's and safeties who don't know what they are doing. We allow sooooo many teams this year to just throw 20-30 yard passes, if not more, and no one is covering them. so annoying to watch over and over. I knew this was going to be an issue after I saw the LSU game. Our defense needs to change. We also had 2 TERRIBLE turnovers, in our own red zone, giving them free scores.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 20, 2019, 06:13:51 am »
I think Wis was looking at OSU the following week, and expected IL to be easy.  3 turn over and missed FG don't help, but i expected them to blow them out regardless.

Both the OR and baylor games were pretty good. 

SC played another good game.

I know some people who are MO fans that wont be happy.

MI hasn't looked like MI in a long time.   Iowa hasn't looked like Iowa from years past either.  TBH, i am not convinced about Penn state either.   MI was one play away(dropped pass in the endzone) from tieing  late in the game.  With 2 min left or so, Penn state would of had time for a FG unless they really messed up.  Granted MI defense was playing well, so you never know.  Both had 3 timeouts.

I think MI fans need to except that they are no longer a championship caliber program like years past.  They will be solid, and some years make it to the Big 10 title and maybe even playoffs, but they wont be contenders every year like say OSU. Neb fans need to except that as well.   They haven't been that relevant for the Big 10 west since they fired voldemort. 

MN is looking fairly strong this year.   Curious to see how well they do in the next few weeks.

Both ISU and IA won today so i am happy.  I didn't get to watch either game, but some of the highlights made it look like ISU dominated from the start.  It looked like a typical Iowa game. 

I didn't watch the TX game, but i was surprised Kansas gave them such a hard time at home. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #334 on: October 20, 2019, 06:50:07 pm »
Me and my SC buds were joking before the game saying how the Florida game had "SEC East implications" which is something SC fans havent really been able to say since like 2014. But then we decided to go and lose the game so oh well. Once again just like Florida last year we were up at the start of the 4th and blew it at the end. Lettin up 21 points in the 4th quarter aint gonna cut it Jack. However I will say that there were some absolutely abysmal calls and non-calls made by the refs in that game. May not have changed the outcome but I definitely think it wouldve changed the score. If you want an example literally look at the link Nick just posted that guy is holding our corner quite blatantly for about 40 yards and it was clear as day even from where I was like 100 yds away much less standing 10 feet from the guy. That one at the very least should have been called back but there were others too.

I know last year I gave Nick grief for thinking they were gonna beat Bama but this year I think they have a real shot at it. Theyre playing at Bama and its cfb so anything can happen but LSU almost looks like the more complete team right now. That one will be one to watch for sure in a few weeks.

Also Joe Burrow mooned all of America on live TV and Trevor Lawrence leads the ACC in interceptions, just a few neat things to point out.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 21, 2019, 12:18:30 am »
I saw some of those missed calls later on in some of the highlights.  I don't blame the coach for being pissed.  They were worse than the refs of the Penn state vs IA game the week before.

I expect some chaos in the SEC in the next few weeks.  Should be some good football.  Same goes for the Big 10.   

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2019, 03:43:09 am »
going to the Nebraska Indiana game this weekend. hopefully will be a good game. it gets boring being an OSU fan

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2019, 05:33:08 am »
that could be a good game to see.  IDK who would win that.

iowa is at NW, which always gives Iowa trouble. Last i heard iowa is a double digit favorite, so i expect them to lose.  OSU at ISU should be good.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2019, 10:58:08 pm »
Really want LSU to win just so I can hear their coach give a post-game interview in that beautiful Cajun accent
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2019, 02:38:24 am »
Really want LSU to win just so I can hear their coach give a post-game interview in that beautiful Cajun accent

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2019, 03:07:20 am »
I gave up on Miami already. My Jets suck. My Devils suck. Yankees are done. Nets season baby lets goooooooo
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 24, 2019, 06:32:58 am »

in case anyone else wants to feel old, lol.

I don't watch enough college anymore to even know the names of any QBs unless they have been around for  3-4 years or have huge NFL hype, I remember just about every QB from the top 25 then. Great memories and so many unforgettable plays and players. Not trying to sound like an oldhead but college football was different then, lol.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2019, 08:07:45 am »

in case anyone else wants to feel old, lol.

I don't watch enough college anymore to even know the names of any QBs unless they have been around for  3-4 years or have huge NFL hype, I remember just about every QB from the top 25 then. Great memories and so many unforgettable plays and players. Not trying to sound like an oldhead but college football was different then, lol.
damn i remember being crushed when OSU lost to LSU

I've been getting back into college football tho

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 25, 2019, 03:55:25 am »
games for this weekend:

Wis and OSU
Auburn and LSU
ISU and Ok State
hopefully Norte Dame and Michigan (Michigan really needs to win this one)
Maybe Penn State, MSU and Texas, TCU (unfortunate for me to say, Texas need to fix its defense and get its starters healthy)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 27, 2019, 12:24:37 am »
omg Ehlinger keeps throwing the ball away

edit:
defense played a lot better but needs a lot of work still. the injuries are actually killing us. #44 gave away 40+ yard passes like 4-5 times giving them multiple scores.
Sam threw the ball away inside the 40 twice, giving them 2 free touchdowns (he had 4 ints total). we deserved to lose (again) and its so frustrating. at this point, im just hoping for a good bowl game for us. idk what happened to our defensive starters but i guess they are just gone.

Oklahoma's defense looked like Texas' defense last week against KU. big upset
OSU looked incredibly dominant
Ok State vs ISU looked like a good game
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 01:06:35 am by Risk_ »