Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 61050 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2019, 08:22:17 pm »
As i was at a wedding, and the hotel i was at had very few options, i didn't get to catch many games or just some late night highlights.

with that said,  MSU game just looked sad.  From what i saw, kentucky threw that game. i feel like it is a common trend for florida to be overrated.  every year they aren't that impressive but they end up in the top 10 or top 25.    I didn't catch the FSU vs virginia game, but it sounds like they threw that game. 

USC looked like what happens with a frechman QB.  I think maryland got a little too full of themselves.   

I too think Penn state is a little over rated.   watched the game the week before against buffalo and it felt more like a buffalo collapse than a domination by penn state if you went off the score. 

As for the Iowa vs ISU game.  I think iowa escaped with a win.  Iowa's secondary is just really young, and ISU just needed a FG to win.  They shown they could just swing the ball everywhere.  Was a pretty good game from what i saw.  I think both teams will do well in their conference's but idk how well.  OK looks mean.(i can see them in the playoffs)  Texas seems like they are back.    Big 10 is fairly good.  I guess we will see how good MI, Wis, Penn, OSU are and if any of the middle of the pack teams can pull off an upset or 2.  I am not convinced Iowa is one of the top teams in the big 10 yet. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 16, 2019, 06:24:27 am »
Florida and Penn State should have dropped

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #272 on: September 16, 2019, 10:51:37 pm »
Florida will come back down to Earth soon enough. Always overrated just like Texas and Notre Dame every year.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:37 am »
Florida will come back down to Earth soon enough. Always overrated just like Texas and Notre Dame every year.

lol weak bait

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2019, 06:55:17 pm »
some pretty good match ups this weekend.

Mich vs Wis.  If its the Mich we saw the first few weeks, i think Wis has it fairly easily.

Utah at USC could be something.

ND and Georgia could be good.   I am not convinced ND is ranked #7 but we will see.

there are probably another half dozen games that could be fun to watch as well.  OSU vs TX, Boise st vs AF, and Auburn vs TX A&M
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:15 am »
some pretty good match ups this weekend.

Mich vs Wis.  If its the Mich we saw the first few weeks, i think Wis has it fairly easily.

Utah at USC could be something.

ND and Georgia could be good.   I am not convinced ND is ranked #7 but we will see.

there are probably another half dozen games that could be fun to watch as well.  OSU vs TX, Boise st vs AF, and Auburn vs TX A&M

You were right about Mich vs Wis. Wisconsin just absolutely outplayed them.

Texas game was just too many mistakes and terrible reffing. We muffed a punt and gave them a free touchdown in the second; and had two other bad turnovers. OK State has always had a pretty good offense and glad we got the win. But seriously, the refs were beyond terrible. They called like 2-3 unsportsmanlike conduct which were utter bullshit. I was trying to go back and see how many penalties they gave us compared to OK state, but couldn't find it.

ND surprisingly hung in there for a bit, but Georgia is just the better team.

UCF, TCU and Utah all got upset. and also Auburn beat A&M which was a very good win for them.

West Virginia almost choked to Kansas btw

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2019, 09:42:40 am »
Washington State threw a 32 point lead in the 3rd against a winless UCLA team and lost.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2019, 11:17:57 am »
The UCLA win was almost comical.   they have the 2nd and 3rd largest combacks in the BCS.

Indeed Mich looked awful.   Wis looked like the best team in the west by a large margin.  probably up there with OSU in the big 10 overall.  We will see how good iowa is when they go to Mich in 2 weeks and penn state not to long after.

I didn't catch the 4th quarter of OSU and TX, but it looked like a good game.  That onside quick was close.

ND played a lot better than i thought they would.  they deserve to be in the top 10, as does Wis.   Mich will fall out of the top 25(should) or be in the 20s.  they seem to be overrated every year too.

i was a little surprised by the UCF loss, but they came back after being 21 down and were still in the game.  Props to them.

I think USC is better than what people give them credit for, even with a 3rd string QB.  IDK if they are top 25 potential yet but they are playing fairly well from what i seen.

i didn't hear about KS vs WV but that is funny.  I think with this coach, they can turn kansas into a decent program.  Much like ISU.  I guess we will see in 5 years or so, if they can start competing with the top teams in the big 12 regularly.

on a side note, FSU didn't throw the a game again.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2019, 05:56:09 pm »
Miami is pissing me off. Can’t believe how bad they are.

Kansas with Les is gonna be good soon. Dudes made them 20x better than they ever were.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2019, 07:39:55 pm »
South Carolina is pissing me off. Can’t believe how bad they are.
If we lose to Kentucky FOR THE SIXTH TIME IN A ROW next week you might not hear from me again.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2019, 09:18:10 pm »
If we lose to Kentucky FOR THE SIXTH TIME IN A ROW next week you might not hear from me again.
RIP. Become a LSU fan with me!!

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #281 on: September 23, 2019, 06:06:48 pm »
RIP. Become a LSU fan with me!!

Imma let Coach O's buttery bayou voice lull me into a deep comatose to forget what is likely about to be a trainwreck of a season.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2019, 10:31:47 pm »
LSU's coach has quite the accent.  Kinda fun trying to decipher it.

on another note, idk how Iowa is ranked 14th.  i dont think they are that good.  As am Iowa fan, I am biased and often think Iowa is worse than what they are, but i dont think they deserve to be that high.  they didn't even play last week and went up 4 spots.  A win is a win, but we barely escaped ISU. 

anyways, as for games that might be good.  Penn state at Maryland.  maybe ND and Virginia.  USC vs Wash.  KSU vs Ok state.  IDK if OSU at Neb will be close.  Wash St vs utah may be good.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 29, 2019, 06:03:52 am »
ahhh that Clemson, NC game. I think going for 2 was the right call. Overtime would be hard against Clemson. I think NC will start to become pretty good with Mack Brown now. He's a legend.

Wisconsin's offensive line and defense are their strengths imo.

Virginia just blew it in the 2nd half against ND.

Washington had a good game vs USC. I thought it would have been a bit closer. But I was not expecting the A&M, Arkansas and Michigan State, Indiana games to be close.

OK State will probably go into the rankings for their win over K State (kinda a low scoring game for big 12 too).

Utah vs Washington State still going on rn. close game, but I think Washington State will pull off the upset.

on another note, idk how Iowa is ranked 14th.  i dont think they are that good.  As am Iowa fan, I am biased and often think Iowa is worse than what they are, but i dont think they deserve to be that high.  they didn't even play last week and went up 4 spots.  A win is a win, but we barely escaped ISU. 

I saw some of their highlights this week. Although it was against some no-name, Iowa's offense looks pretty strong. I think you guys could actually do well against Michigan next week.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2019, 04:59:03 pm »
I missed almost all the games I was out all day.

My boy who plays for Rutgers texted me that he’s done with the team lmao. It’s that bad there.