Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60299 times)

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2019, 06:21:10 am »
The U is boutta beat Florida this Saturday.
No

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2019, 07:06:24 pm »
No

We will see. Feleipe Franks ain’t that great. Miami’s defense still has tons of talent.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2019, 08:08:49 pm »
No

We will see. Feleipe Franks ain’t that great. Miami’s defense still has tons of talent.
Goddamn I'm so excited for this season.
Florida aint a top 10 team, they are better than Miami though so I think theyll win

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2019, 09:23:55 pm »
Ohio state ready to dominate as usual
Ohio State trying to copyright 'the' should disqualify them from existing as a university. I hope they bomb out

Anyways, go Dawgs
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2019, 09:27:44 am »
Ohio state ready to dominate as usual

that 62-39 win was something else

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »
Here’s my top QB’s for the draft this year:

1.) Tua Tagovailoa - Alabama
2.) Justin Herbert - Oregon
2b.) Jake Fromm - Georgia
4.) KJ Costello - Stanford
5.) Jacob Eason - Washington
6.) Nate Stanley - Iowa

I think Herbert could potentially be the top QB if he fixes his accuracy issues this season. The dude is big and has crazy arm talent. He would’ve been the #1 pick if he came out last year. But right now I think he’s probably tied with Fromm for me.

I think the top four could all go in the first round. They’re definitely talented enough.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 23, 2019, 05:47:22 am »

6.) Nate Stanley - Iowa

I think Herbert could potentially be the top QB if he fixes his accuracy issues this season. The dude is big and has crazy arm talent. He would’ve been the #1 pick if he came out last year. But right now I think he’s probably tied with Fromm for me.

I think the top four could all go in the first round. They’re definitely talented enough.

is Trevor Lawrence going to stay until his senior year?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 23, 2019, 06:49:08 am »
I'm not sure how well Nate Stanley/Iowas offense will do this year.  Losing 2 first round draft picks(both TE) which were his safety blanket will hurt.  On the other hand, Iowa has a tradition of making great TE, and he is a senior.  I believe if he gets as many TDs as he did last year, he will be #1 all time for Iowa QBs.

Big 10 West seems like it will be a fairly competitive Div.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2019, 06:02:14 pm »

6.) Nate Stanley - Iowa

is Trevor Lawrence going to stay until his senior year?

He’s only a sophomore so he isn’t eligible for the NFL Draft. He will be the #1 pick next year.

I'm not sure how well Nate Stanley/Iowas offense will do this year.  Losing 2 first round draft picks(both TE) which were his safety blanket will hurt.  On the other hand, Iowa has a tradition of making great TE, and he is a senior.  I believe if he gets as many TDs as he did last year, he will be #1 all time for Iowa QBs.

Yeah I’m gonna be interested to see how he does after losing two of the best weapons on the team. In terms of his NFL potential though, I think he could go anywhere from the second to fourth round. I think he could be a legit talented NFL quarterback. He has the size and arm strength you’d want. He has games where he looks like he’s Big Ben. Also Iowa’s system should give him a head start in the NFL.

The Big 10 is gonna be really open this year I think. Michigan and Ohio State seem beatable to me. If Justin Fields is really THAT good right away tho I think Ohio State is gonna be legit contenders.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #219 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:41 pm »
Michigan and Ohio St are always overrated
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 25, 2019, 02:45:32 am »
God, Miami's turnover chain is by far the swaggiest thing in cfb. Already come out twice in the first half. I'll take that.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 25, 2019, 04:56:29 am »
Our offensive line is the worst I’ve ever seen. Pair that with Williams not being ready it was a mess. So many delay of games, so many blown blocks, so many mistakes on offense. Williams didn’t even know how to throw the fucking ball away.

If Florida is #8 then Miami is #9. Florida is not a top 10 team.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 25, 2019, 05:27:24 am »

He’s only a sophomore so he isn’t eligible for the NFL Draft. He will be the #1 pick next year.

Yeah I’m gonna be interested to see how he does after losing two of the best weapons on the team. In terms of his NFL potential though, I think he could go anywhere from the second to fourth round. I think he could be a legit talented NFL quarterback. He has the size and arm strength you’d want. He has games where he looks like he’s Big Ben. Also Iowa’s system should give him a head start in the NFL.

The Big 10 is gonna be really open this year I think. Michigan and Ohio State seem beatable to me. If Justin Fields is really THAT good right away tho I think Ohio State is gonna be legit contenders.

I agree that the pro style offense that Iowa, and fewer and fewer teams each year(sadly) has does lend itself to playing in the NFL.  I too thought of the big ben reference after several different occasions he was able to throw a bullet while having someone draped all over him.(the  ohio state beat down a few years ago stands out as a great example of that)  There is something enjoyable about watching an opposing team not use to having a team line up and smash them over and over again with no way to stop it. 

sadly Iowa has a tradition of playing up or down to its opponents.   Top 10 team?  iowa will give them a good run and if at Home, a good chance of beating them    Be a nobody that Iowa should beat down?  Close game down to the wire.  absolutely aggravating to watch.  I enjoy watching Iowa state more.  More exciting(perhaps it has to do with the lack of defense in the big 12), and almost always the underdog in their conference games leads to less disappointment and greater joy when they win.  I hope the coach stays, but i wouldn't be surprised if he moved on.  If we are lucky, we will be the next Kirk Ferentz that stays at his school for 20+ years. 

As for the Big 10.  I think it is wide open.  Ohio state will always be a contender.  Much like bama and other schools that are filled with tons of 4 and 5 star recruits.  i can see 6-8 schools all having a decent shot at making it to the Big 10 title.  There will be some disappointing teams, and others that do far better than expected.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 25, 2019, 05:23:08 pm »
The Big 12 is always a fun watch. I’m gonna miss Kingsbury at Texas Tech his offense was easily the most exciting to watch for me. Hurts at Oklahoma is an automatic Heisman winner. He was tearing apart SEC defenses and now he’s in the Big 12 lmao.

Big 10 is gonna have to watch out for Nebraska. I hope they win it. Scott Frost is gonna turn another team around.

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 25, 2019, 10:18:10 pm »
Our offensive line is the worst I’ve ever seen. Pair that with Williams not being ready it was a mess. So many delay of games, so many blown blocks, so many mistakes on offense. Williams didn’t even know how to throw the fucking ball away.

If Florida is #8 then Miami is #9. Florida is not a top 10 team.
I think he did ok for what he was given. He had 200+ yds and a td with an O line that looked like a middle school flag football team. I mean 10 sacks? But yea both teams really played sloppy. It became comical tbh. The Florida secondary was awful and looked like they had never tackled before. Not to mention the penalties on both sides I think totaled like 250 yds. When that Florida d-back got a PI on 4th and 34 I about choked on my beer. How stupid can you be? Makin me feel better about SC playing them later in the season.

But yea real college football starts next weekend thank god.