Author Topic: College Football Thread  (Read 60658 times)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: College Football Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2018, 01:51:12 am »
LSU hands down has the hardest schedule this year Playing Miami, Auburn, Florida, Bama, Miss State, and Texas A&M. I know Miami, Auburn, and Miss State sucks now but they were ranked when we played them. I agree Clemson & Bama has easy ass schedules.

Yes they do. Flordia is a surprise like Texas this year. we are both doing well, I still have LSU winning though. Texas A&M is garbage lmao. Bama is bama

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2018, 03:05:24 am »
texas has a pretty weak schedule tbh
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 03:29:36 am »
LSU hands down has the hardest schedule this year Playing Miami, Auburn, Florida, Bama, Miss State, and Texas A&M. I know Miami, Auburn, and Miss State sucks now but they were ranked when we played them. I agree Clemson & Bama has easy ass schedules.

Yes they do. Flordia is a surprise like Texas this year. we are both doing well, I still have LSU winning though. Texas A&M is garbage lmao. Bama is bama

Alabama does have a hard schedule comparatively, just not for them because theyre bama and they blow everyone outa the water. I wasn't super impressed with LSU this weekend. All their points came from Fitzgerald throwing them picks. Joe Burrow didnt seem like he could get anything going consistently. I still think theyre gonna get smushed by bama. Sorry Nick

Also the Ohio St game was hilarious

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2018, 04:37:20 am »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2018, 08:17:09 am »
Ohio State better than Texas

I'm sorry you lost to Purdue. lol

Lets be real OSU & Texas are ass compared to the top of the SEC.  8)

Trust me, Texas being in top 10 is a shocker and I can't believe it. But SEC teams have some of the easiest schedules. Alabama has 1 hard game vs LSU. LSU has 2, Alabama and Georgia. Georgia has 1 vs LSU and maybe 2, Flordia. Yeah sure they have some good top 10 teams but eh those schedules...

Even these other teams in the top 10 not in the SEC. Ohio State and Notre Dame each has/had a tough game vs Michigan, and Clemson literally plays nobodies.
Yep.  Bama does its best to play nobodies as much as possible.  and then people go "wow.  look how great they are" after playing said nobodies.  im not sure about this year, but in the past they made sure they played some nobody a week before their big game so it is essentially a bye week.   They pretty much rely on their conference having 2-3 decent or better teams to make them have a semi challenging schedule.(with one of those games being in the conference championship)

with all that said though, most teams do their best to make their non conference as easy as possible, with maybe one challenging game. They get their 2-3 easy wins making it easier to get into a bowl game. 

the OSU game was just sad to watch.   They haven't looked top 5 all year.  Their defense has been awful for an "elite" team.  They can't run the ball either.    OSU self destructed so many times saturday.   Much like they did last year when Iowa beat the snot out of them.  That game was more or less over at half against Iowa.     I am glad we gave urban his worst beating in any of his coaching jobs.  it brings a smile to my face. 

I honestly dont know who has the best conference anymore from top to bottom.   I lean big 10.  They have 6 good teams this year with some not so bad middle teams.(and a few really bad ones) I am not impressed by the PAC 12.   Big 12 isn't too bad, but its mainly the same 3 teams with the rest being meh to garbage.   ACC is meh outside of clemson and miami imo.  SEC has 4 or 5 good teams this year with rest being meh or worse.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2018, 08:38:54 am »
Idk because Big 10 best team is Michigan and besides that the only other "good" teams are Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Penn State. Michigan and Penn State have a tough schedule but the other good teams have a decent schedule facing 2 or 3 rank teams. Meanwhile SEC has Bama, LSU, GA, and Florida which are all top 15 teams with LSU having the hardest schedule by a mile. I know every other team I mention in SEC does have the same situation of schedule like Big 10 teams with 2-3 rank matches to be fair however, Auburn who sucks now did beat Washington which suppose to be the best team in the Pac-12. SEC teams like Texas A&M & Kentucky are solid teams in the top 25 aswell and keep in mind Texas A&M only 2 losses are to Clemson 28-26 and Bama. SEC also has the best chance to send 2 teams to the College Football Playoffs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:43:26 am by WorstNANickCole »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:19 am »
It is hard to say about some of the middle big 10 teams.   Purdue has been playing pretty well, with its 3 loses being very close games.  NW plays to the level of its opponents.  Plays great against good teams, plays like garbage against bad ones.(see it vs Mi and rutgers) Indiana isnt half bad either.  Maryland beat texas.  I think OSU can bounce back.  How well, im not sure. 

Iowa lost to WI in game where i think iowa was the better team, but made 2 costly turnovers on special teams.   If they keep playing the way they are, they will win the west and take on probably a one loss OSU or MI.(still need WI to lose another game)   They will probably be in the top 15 if not top 10 if they win out before championship.  So whoever the big 10 champ is will probably win against a top 10 team. 

washington and oregon were the 2 best teams of the pac 12, but they dont seem too impressive. 

anyways, i doubt 2 sec teams will be in it.   You have bama clemson, ND as 3 of the 4.   after that, you have LSU, MI, and texas.  i think if one of those teams lose, they are out.  you would need help from others to get back in.  You still have other possibilities that are a more remote.(like Iowa winning out as an example and WI losing.  doubtful, but it could happen) WI is out of it.   i think OK still has a chance. i think florida and georgia are in it too, even if unlikely.   i dont think WV has a chance. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2018, 10:46:26 am »
Spoiler
“Ohio state is best team”
“Ohio state will won’t he championship”

What was the score of their game again?
and your team is?
winning
[close]
ahh they must be a trash then
better rank than OSU now ;)
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2018, 06:12:50 pm »
Ohio State better than Texas

I'm sorry you lost to Purdue. lol

Lets be real OSU & Texas are ass compared to the top of the SEC.  8)

Trust me, Texas being in top 10 is a shocker and I can't believe it. But SEC teams have some of the easiest schedules. Alabama has 1 hard game vs LSU. LSU has 2, Alabama and Georgia. Georgia has 1 vs LSU and maybe 2, Flordia. Yeah sure they have some good top 10 teams but eh those schedules...

Even these other teams in the top 10 not in the SEC. Ohio State and Notre Dame each has/had a tough game vs Michigan, and Clemson literally plays nobodies.
Yep.  Bama does its best to play nobodies as much as possible.  and then people go "wow.  look how great they are" after playing said nobodies.  im not sure about this year, but in the past they made sure they played some nobody a week before their big game so it is essentially a bye week.   They pretty much rely on their conference having 2-3 decent or better teams to make them have a semi challenging schedule.(with one of those games being in the conference championship)

with all that said though, most teams do their best to make their non conference as easy as possible, with maybe one challenging game. They get their 2-3 easy wins making it easier to get into a bowl game. 

the OSU game was just sad to watch.   They haven't looked top 5 all year.  Their defense has been awful for an "elite" team.  They can't run the ball either.    OSU self destructed so many times saturday.   Much like they did last year when Iowa beat the snot out of them.  That game was more or less over at half against Iowa.     I am glad we gave urban his worst beating in any of his coaching jobs.  it brings a smile to my face. 

I honestly dont know who has the best conference anymore from top to bottom.   I lean big 10.  They have 6 good teams this year with some not so bad middle teams.(and a few really bad ones) I am not impressed by the PAC 12.   Big 12 isn't too bad, but its mainly the same 3 teams with the rest being meh to garbage.   ACC is meh outside of clemson and miami imo.  SEC has 4 or 5 good teams this year with rest being meh or worse.

Yeah pretty much. Teams pay money to have those easy home games at the beginning and yeah it does help with bowl games so they do it. I don't think OSU is bad. They look good but I think they just slacked off or something and Purdue was doing amazing. I think they can beat Michigan at the end of the season if they regroup after that loss.

sorry Nick, I have to cheer for Bama now over LSU. Best chance for Texas to get in! will be a good game. Also, Flordia vs Georgia this weekend will say a lot too. Will knock out a team and put the winning team in good standing.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2018, 08:48:20 pm »
Fair points and Purdue I saw were underrated because of their close unluck losses. Whoever Wins the GA vs FL game can make the Playoffs if they go undefeated. LSU does play best when they are the underdog so watch out for DBU Nation. I know it will be a tough game but Bama has looked so good passing wise because the teams they play defensively are straight up trash. LSU is DBU nation and leads NCAA with 14 Ints so watch out maybe we can win this game somehow.  8)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 08:50:29 pm by WorstNANickCole »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2018, 10:13:33 pm »
I am more curious if Bama can play 4 quarters.   With all of these easy games, usually being done at half time, can they play a 4 quarter game against a tough opponent?   They haven't been tested all year.(unlike the other top teams)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2018, 10:42:47 pm »
I am more curious if Bama can play 4 quarters.   With all of these easy games, usually being done at half time, can they play a 4 quarter game against a tough opponent?   They haven't been tested all year.(unlike the other top teams)

Offline Sanders

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Banned!
  • 18e_CplFo
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2018, 02:42:45 am »
LSU 24 - 20 Alabama

Offline The Marksman

• Sergeant
  • Oh look, a blue moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Osama Bin Ballin
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2018, 02:15:34 am »
LSU 24 - 20 Alabama
What? no sorry I just dont think so. Tua is too good to be held to 20 points, not mentioning the other tools bama has. They can definitely play 4 quarters, part of the reason bama games are done at half-time is because they play so well with their starters, then once they know theyve won the game they put their third strings in to get some play time.

Oatmeal

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2018, 04:49:14 am »
Bama blowout