Author Topic: Ziemia: A Forum-Based Medieval RP  (Read 2166 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Ziemia: A Forum-Based Medieval RP
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:52:49 am »

image is obviously from Ck2

Ziemia: A Forum-Based Medieval RP
or, how Monkey copes with his autism

What Even Is This?

Ziemia is a role play game set in a non-fantasy (with a fictional world) medieval period. The game revolves around players controlling their own dynasty, principally through that dynasty's head, and their dynasty's holdings; striving to achieve their own power and influence in the world. The game itself is run by means of both a forum and personal communication between players; the game has mechanics and light rules that the admin (DaMonkey) uses to guide everyone's story forward.

How Does It Work?

Players use a wide array of means - politics, diplomacy, intrigue, military - to cement and/or expand their dynasty's power and influence in their realm and world. The holdings players own, either directly through their dynasty or indirectly through vassals, possess certain resources that they can use to expand through force of arms or economic power; or, players can use politics (namely marriage) to better their position in the realm. Ever fifth day of the month, a new "turn" begins (which in peace-time is a month of in-game time).

Yeah, Ok. This all seems pretty ambitious for a forum game...

Well it kind of is. But in regards to this point itself, this isn't a "new" thing; it's the third iteration of something a few of us have been refining for a while now. It admittedly isn't the smoothest thing ever, but its depth is great and it has provided some very memorable moments to its players. Current and past players you may know are myself, Xethos, and Olafson.

So how do we even find information on this?

Though this is a forum-based RP, it's expansive enough to where I cannot run it simply off of an FSE thread. Thus, there is an external forum that I run it off of. You can click THIS LINK to be taken to a thread on our external Forum that will give you some more basic rundowns on the game. Currently, there is a large war taking place in the RP, so you have plenty of time to think and contemplate on it before being placed in the world. It also, contrary to first glimpse, does not require a massive time or effort investment - you can be as involved as you'd like. Groups of people and communities are also welcome to join in bulk, though placement in direct proximity to each other is not guaranteed.

Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: Ziemia: A Forum-Based Medieval RP
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 06:53:26 am »
* reserved, just in case *

I'm posting this thread here because I was hoping to grow our player-base; I'd like to expand the world, but I also don't want to add more NPCs.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:11:13 am »
I would love to have a go

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »
Looks neat! I like the map.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »
I would love to have a go

Would love to have you, there's a link on the OP that'll give you the basic rundown on getting involved - can always PM/Steam me if you're confused.

Looks neat! I like the map.

Glad to hear it!