Author Topic: Looking for a regiment or members? Then post here!  (Read 851955 times)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 09:10:51 pm »

Teamspeak : 74.91.116.171

If you're looking for a mature, large and active Mount&Blade: Napoleonic Wars regiment and small community entirely based in North America region then the 1stFKI is for you!
Our goal is to provide a fun and entertaining Napoleonic Wars Line-Battle experience that will appeal to seasoned players and newcomers alike. We strive to reach a level of maturity and skill reached by few in the NA community by providing a host of skilled and active players.

We are a Prussian Infantry regiment. Our goal as a regiment is to be a driving force in line battles. Our goal during linebattles is to smash opponents with thundering  musket volleys and skilled use of steel as well as providing a fun organized linebattle experience for all members.

We strive to be a disciplined regiment. This of course will not get in the way of having fun but we will need to maintain a moderate silence amongst rankers during battles.
A higher degree of discipline will lead to a more enjoyable trainings which will lead to a increase in skill and performance in the field.

Link to our thread https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=219.0

Screenshots of us in Action
Spoiler

[close]

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 03:08:44 am »

The 59th Regiment of foot is actively searching for new, like-minded recruits to join our ranks. If you are interested in joining we have three steps on the road to become a part of our fantastic community.

Head over to our website HERE and go to the "Recruitment" section, have a read through the sticky threads and then when your ready to apply copy the template from the template thread and create a new thread, paste in the template then fill out the blanks and post.

Shortly after a member of the regiment will either accept or deny your application & instructions will be given to you by the regiment member if you are accepted.

Steam: Major Daniel or Lieutenant Svensson
59th TW Thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,246232.0.html
Teamspeak: 176.9.103.48:9989

Offline Branok

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Sergeant Major
  • blah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1st_Maj_Branok
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 10:12:09 am »

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:13:49 am by Branok »

Offline ThatSillyLucas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ThatSillyLucas
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 10:47:07 am »
~Reposting as recruitement messages+ discussions occured~

Hello everyone, I'm actually looking for a regiment.

About me:
 - Ingame name: ThatSillyLucas / Nexus (For MM Vets)
NW Experience: ~1400 hours
Competency: Skilled and can play everything ~

About what I'm after:
A regiment that takes part in big linebattles with a great community behind playing other games and friendly faces.
Language : English Speaking regiment or French ( Would prefer english tho )

I'm experienced in every classes , I 've played this game for 2 years , created 3 regiments , organised many events and trained so many persons. I can pretty much have a correct level with everything , I know this game well.
Of course, I cannot attend every events. I might be absent sometimes as my final exams are coming. I would prefer a english speaking regiment as my dream would be to speak fluently ( mind the french accent btw ) and become a world-wide reporter for a french TV channel.

Feel free to PM Me.

Cheers.

Offline MilkShake

• Private
  • "Yum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »
~Reposting as recruitement messages+ discussions occured~

Hello everyone, I'm actually looking for a regiment.

About me:
 - Ingame name: ThatSillyLucas / Nexus (For MM Vets)
NW Experience: ~1400 hours
Competency: Skilled and can play everything ~

About what I'm after:
A regiment that takes part in big linebattles with a great community behind playing other games and friendly faces.
Language : English Speaking regiment or French ( Would prefer english tho )

I'm experienced in every classes , I 've played this game for 2 years , created 3 regiments , organised many events and trained so many persons. I can pretty much have a correct level with everything , I know this game well.
Of course, I cannot attend every events. I might be absent sometimes as my final exams are coming. I would prefer a english speaking regiment as my dream would be to speak fluently ( mind the french accent btw ) and become a world-wide reporter for a french TV channel.

Feel free to PM Me.

Cheers.

Hey.

I got some suggestions: 91st,92nd,59th,14e,84e,1er, Any of the IIe Corp Regiments.
14e is French Speaking.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:57:38 pm by MilkShake »

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 09:16:45 am »
10th Brandenburgische Infanterie

Hello Gentlemen, Grab your Muskets and Bayonets for the 10th Brandenburgische Infanterie are recuiting every young and able bodied man to fight for the honor and glory of the 10thBI. We are a Prussian Infantry regiment. Our goal is to be the dominating force on the battlefeild by hammering down continuing musket volleys upon the enemy and end with giving them the cold steel by thrusting the bayonet into their throats. So if you looking for a well diciplined and skilled regiment entirly in North American than the 10th Brandenburgische Infanterie is the regiment for you!

Want to join?
If you want to join the 10th Brandenburgische Infanterie then go to our website and fill out the application and wait to get you answer

Teamspeak 3:bluefangsolutions.com:9990

Ranks
Spoiler
Ranks:
1.  Major (Major)
2.  Kapitan (Kapt)
3.  Leutnant (Lt)
4.  Feldwebel (FW)
5.  Unteroffizier (Uffz)
6.  Korporal (Kpl)
7.  Grefeiter (Gfr)
8.  Germeiner (Gmr)
9.  Soldat (Sol)
10. Musketier (Mkt)
11. Rekrut (Rek)

Artillery Ranks:
1. Feruerwerksleutnant (Flt)
2. Stückjunker (Sjr)
3. Unteroffizier (Uffz)
4. Bombardier (Bdr)
5. Kanonier (Knr)
6. Rekrut (Rek)
[close]
Roster
Spoiler
Bear
Generic_Comrade
Mushrooms
Storm
UnlosingBuddy
Johnson
Alexandros
Tostitos51
secondchance49
Redemption
McKinney
Willian
JohnathanCyr
Hbigga
Taco
Chase
Noahb
Verandel
Blade
Tymo
Outlaw
Shado
Judge
Insane
Vrej
Maniac_Matt
Gman
Edward
Weaverwarrior12
Wolf_Faust
zmanburger
Noman
Jorvaskers
StinkySocks
Google
Magafox9
Hoot
Vekkar
David
Milkman
Corbata
Maccelson
Antwon
lolwhutend
BangarooJack
MazerHalt
David
Spork
Woverdude
Elwer
Hans
DevonPD
Tommygun628
Coolkillbro
Maddyman10
[close]
Events
Spoiler
Linebattles: (NEC)  Tuesdays at 8:00 eastern
                                         (Pyrots)  Fridays at 8:00 eastern
                                         (Cops) Saturdays at 8:00 eastern (Seige)
                       Trainings: Tuesdays 7:00 eastern
                                      Fridays 7:00 eastern
                                      Saturdays 7:00 eastern
[close]
Rules and Code of Conduct
Spoiler
1.  No trolling
2.  Follow orders
3.  No harassment of fellow members
4.  Respect the PTS system when in effect
5.  No Racism
6.  No trash talking other regiments or fellow members
7.  Do not talk about politics, drugs, or religion unless it is a private conversation.
[close]

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:04 am »
Good evening fellow soldiers of the Napoleonic Wars community.

I Sir Hovis, otherwise known as Hovis is looking for a new regiment, I am looking for a new community in which I can play in and have fun in.
My past experience is as follows:

Mount and Musket
Colonel of the 6th Dragoons - Disbanded due to members going University.
Lieutenant Colonel of the 5y Dragoons. - Disbanded.
Cadet in the 77y. - Was with 77y when it moved to M&M

Napoleonic Wars
Cadet in the 77y.
Private in the 77y.
Jaeger in the 77y.
Artillery Guard in the 77y.
Recruitment Officer in the 77y.
Recruit in the 6e Cavalry.
2nd In Command of the 33rd's Cavalry Company - (When Diplex was Colonel).
Adjutant in the 12y
Captain in the 49y
Lance Bombardier in the 15th Regiment of Foot.

Administration Experience:
Managing Roster/Recruits in 77y.
Admin on the 15th's Human Vs Bot Server.
Admin on the 84e Siege Server.
Organisation and/or training of Cavalry regiments/detachments.

400 Hours of Game Time.

Personal Qualities:
Recently I have suffered a life event, which for personal reasons I am not willing to share openly on this forum (people may ask in private), I have become much more mature.
I am patient with people who may not understand what is being asked of them; while I am also up for a laugh and a joke - racism, sexism and bullying are only acceptable if the jokes are not being made at someone elses expense. It is unfair to that person to attempt alienate them - NW is a community for many.
If someone is being discriminated against, or even if someone is causing an argument - I will step in and help deal with the issue.
What I am looking for:
A regiment which is already well established - but may need some help with organisational issues.
I would prefer a Cavalry regiment, but any Sapper positions or Skirmisher positions would be most viable.
I don't want a regiment that treats its members like utter shit - respect for the men who make up your regiment is key... furthermore If a ranker has an opinion don't quash his voice - listen to it and take it on board.

Thank you for your time and effort:

If you wish to contact me add Hovis on steam - my picture is a Templar Cross with a Skull inside it. ( Same picture as my forum avatar )

Over and out.
Added you on steam.

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Imperial Russian Guards

• Private
  • The Imperial Russian Gaurds Brigade
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 04:14:16 pm »
Welcome loyal men of Russia! I see you are looking to join the IRG.

Our TeamSpeak3 Server address is 85.236.100.188:11017

We are a disciplined BRIGADE and do have rules:

1. Any form of racism towards members and/or others will result in a temporary ban. If the issue continues, a permanent ban will be put in place.

2. Follow orders. Dont go off doing your own thing. Have respect for your officers.

3. Discipline. At training and events you must not talk over the commanding officer. It is very disrespectful and will be delt with.

4. No harrasment. Any members that harras others for any reason will be warned once, and if they continue, will be banned. If you are being harrased, let one of the officers know.

Infantry Rank list
Spoiler
Officers - Headset needed/Understanding of Drills/Ability to Command

Colonel - Col
Commander & Chief of the regiment.

Major - Maj
Second in command of the regiment.

Captain - Cpt
Third in command of the regiment, given many opportunities to command.

Lieutenant - Lt
A Commander in training, Lt's will be given many commanding opportunities and may be supervisors of separate companies within the regiment.

Ensign - Ens
Trial CO, an NCO that has shown exceptional leader abilities among the other NCO's

NCO - A headset is required/Understanding of Infantry Drills

Sergeant Major - SgtM
An experienced player, who is in charge of all NCOs and may help the company commander with company specific duties.

Sergeant - Sgt
A leader amongst the enlisted men, an efficient recruiter and avid trainer of the regiment.

Corporal - Cpl
Eyes and ears of the Colonel, Corporals help control the regiment during events.

Lance Corporal - LCpl
Trial NCO, an enlisted member who has shown leadership abilities among the enlisted members.

Enlisted

Grenadier - Gren
An elite member of the regiment, part of the few players who have excelled in melee. This rank is not easily acquired.

Fusilier - Fus
A experienced member of 22y with good melee skills and good discipline. Work hard, attend trainings, follow orders and prove yourself and then promotion will come your way.

Private First Class - Pfc
A private who has displayed skill in linebattles and has put what he learned in trainings into practice.

Private - Pvt
A proven member of 22y, work hard, attend trainings, follow orders and prove yourself to NCO's and Officers, then promotion will come your way.

Recruit - Rct
A new recruit on a trial period, you will be closely monitored in training and events until you have proved to the officer staff that you can be good soldier.
[close]

Artillery Rank List
Spoiler
Commissioned Officers

Colonel: In charge of the Division. Commands during the battle.

Major: Second in command. He takes over if the Colonel dies or is not present.

Captain: Third in command. He is an expert in range and the capability of pieces.

Observer: In charge of a battery. He know his men well and will give each man an appropriate post to his abilities.

Enisgn: A CO in training. He does not have any specific post.

Non-Commisioned Officers

Bombadier: He is in charge of a firing team. He oversees the loading of the cannon. He also fires the piece.

Lance Bombadier: Has the same role of the Bombadier just one rank lower.

Sergeant: Fires a piece. He also is in charge of discipline within the battery.

Lieutenant: Has no role other than loading. He is a NCO in training. He has no specific role.

Enlisted Men

Veteran Gunner: A gunner who has shown determination and willing. He is the most experienced member on the firing team.

Gunner : The base rank. He loads the piece. There is usually two to a piece

Artillery Guards

Comissioned Officers

Sergeant : Commands the artillery guards.

Corporal : Second in command of the artillery guards.

Enlisted Men

Fusiler : A private who has shown determination and willing.

Private : The base rank for the artillery guards.
[close]

Our Current Regiment list
Spoiler
22y Kurskii Regiment of Foot Gaurds
15y Regiment of Foot
1y Foot Artillery
GForce (Israeli and English speaking)
[close]

If you wish to join any of our regiments, post your application below, or contact [22y]Macey on Steam.

Code
Have you been in a regiment before? If so, which one?:
Do you have TeamSpeak3?:
What age are you?:
On a scale of 1-10, how good are you in melee?:
On a scale of 1-10, how good a shot are you?:
Are you willing to fllow orders and obey commands?:

Offline Henry Cadogan

• Colonel
  • Only thing I am afraid of is stupidity.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Henry Cadogan
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 07:21:05 pm »
I'm looking for any kind of regiment. Just PM me if you think i iwll fit into your regiment.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:59:31 pm »
I'm looking for any kind of regiment. Just PM me if you think i iwll fit into your regiment.
I sent you a PM

Regiment History:

Offline Muffin.

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 03:01:15 am »
Hello

My name is Muffin.

I am a great Meleer who is looking for a regiment that is mostly NA but accepts EU to or if not Just NA only

I am only going to join if i get a High NCO rank or CO rank i am a expierenced leader aswell

I am 14 going on 15 soon and looking for a regiment

please PM me if you need me to join.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:46 am »
 Muffin., I thought you were leading a regiment? Regardless, I don't think anyone would be willing to just give away a high NCO rank or CO rank. That's just unfair to the regiment.

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 03:45:13 am »
Hello

My name is Muffin.

I am a great Meleer who is looking for a regiment that is mostly NA but accepts EU to or if not Just NA only

I am only going to join if i get a High NCO rank or CO rank i am a expierenced leader aswell

I am 14 going on 15 soon and looking for a regiment

please PM me if you need me to join.
I sent you a pm. But we will talk

Regiment History:

Offline Mack

• Donator
  • " Hear me roar "
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lannes Mack
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 07:43:43 am »

4e Grenadiers                         

Welcome there, soldier!
The 4e Grenadiers is currently looking for new members, willing to fight for the emperor! Are you one of those? Then sign up today!

www.4e.enjin.com/recruitment

What does the 4e Grenadiers offer you?
The 4e Grenadiers is an active regiment, with alot of friendly players willing to fight & play with other team members. We currently have 7 events a week, and around 25 active members to offer you a great 'battle-feeling' !

What can I expect when I joined the 4e Grenadiers?
You can expect you to be more than welcome in the team, and already get invited to events on your first day in!

Events? What is that?
The 4e Grenadiers takes part of alot of events. Such as siege events, linebattles, conquest. And ofcourse we've our own trainings!

Linebattle - In a linebattle the goal is the eliminate the enemy team, once you died you won't respawn. The 4e Grenadiers is a grenadier regiment, so we expect our men to be high disciplined, and in a good ''melee-skill condition'' because we'll often be at the front line preparing for a glorious charge!
Siege - In a siege event, one team has to defend a base and the other has to attack. We'll often work in 2 battallions in a siege event, and the commander will appoint both battallions what to do, this is a more 'less-disciplined' event. But ofcourse we dont expect you to joke around!
Conquest - A conquest is the best event to get some real war feeling! Once you died, you'll respawn in several seconds. We expect you to listen very carefully since the event is often really big, and yeah.. We want to win!
Training - At training we train our soldiers in formations, melee or shooting. After the training we've a ceremony where people will get promoted.

What does the 4e Grenadiers require from you?
The 4e Grenadiers doesn't 'require' anything in a strict form from you but we do recommend some;
- You are a mature person
- You've the time to play with an active team
- You don't troll
- You're actually interested in playing events
- You wanna join a regiment, and you've interest in the theme
- You've teamspeak 3

But... I'm not good enough to join!
No! The 4e Grenadiers has trained alot of people, and we saw alot of them going into a succesfull time in the game. You can never be 'too bad' to join a regiment!

Vive l'Empereur!

Signed by,

Colonel Lannes Mack,
4e Grenadiers, 1st Battallion

Lannes Mack

Proudly commanded the 4e Grenadiers for two and a halve years

Offline Venom

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:47 am »
49th Regiment of Foot (Recruiting)  

Welcome to the 49th regiment of foot taleworld forum/ recruiting page. We fight with the fire of true english blood, with cold steel and the flash of muskets. We cut down our enemies and show no mercy. 'If you have blood on your bayonet you have fought well.'
We are a fun and friendly regiment looking for mature and skilled EU&NA players. We pride ourselve's on being a disciplined active regiment who's members are happy and enjoy their line-battle's and training's. To find out how to join the regiment look below a the recruitment section or if you want to find out about the regiment's history or rank system.
If you have any questions about the regiment send me a message or reply to the thread.

How to Join!
Spoiler
Recruitment

We are currently recruit EU and NA players it does not matter if you are new to the game or a seasoned veteren. All you have to do is one of the following;

.Reply to this thread saying, your age (it does not matter how old you are), what you are best at on the game and if you are EU or NA.
.Steam ID
.Age
.EU or Na
.Whats you are best at on the game

.You can add me on steam- tommyjb

.Join our steam group

.Or you can come to our ts-  Queens1stbrigade.teamspeak3.com

.It does not matter how old you are (we do expect all players to be mature no matter their age).

.You will get extra credit if you get a friend or friends to join the reg!

.Your tags will be Q1brig_49th_Rec_yourname
[close]

HISTORY
Spoiler
History of the 49th

1743 Raising of the 49th Regiment of Foot

A Marine from the 6th Regiment of Marines in the early 19th century; this Regiment became the 49th Regiment of Foot. On 1 June 1744 an order was given for the amalgamation of the eight independent companies garrisoning Jamaica into a single Regiment. The Army lists 1744-1748 show them as the '49th or 6th Marine Regiment'. The establishment was backdated to 25 December 1743 and was a result of the lobbying of the Governor, Edward Trelawney who, although he had no previous military experience, was appointed Colonel. Due to the time lag in communications between Britain and Jamaica it was not until March 1745 that the order was received and the Regiment was actually formed. It was called Trelawney’s Regiment as it was the fashion at the time to name Regiments after their Colonel. This Regiment was at first numbered 63rd but after the re-organisation of 1748 it became the 49th Regiment of Foot. In 1782 Regiments were given county titles to assist in recruiting. The 49th Regiment then became known as the 49th (Hertfordshire) Regiment.

American War of Independance 1777

The Regiment remained in Jamaica until 1764 then moved to Ireland. The American War of Independence brought the Regiment's first major action when it took part in the occupation of Philadelphia in 1777 and the battle at nearby Brandywine Creek. Under cover of a rain storm the 49th's Light Company, who formed part of the 2nd Battalion Light Infantry, made a night attack at nearby Paoli with bayonets. A force of 1500 Americans encamped in a wood were taken completely by surprise, some 300 being killed or wounded with minor loss to the 49th. Humiliated, the Americans accused the British of killing the wounded (a charge proved to be totally unfounded) and vowed to give no quarter to the units involved when they met in later battles. The Light Companies reacted to this threat by dyeing their distinguishing green feathers red so that they should be easily recognised.

This action continued to be commemorated by the wearing of the red Brandywine Flash behind the cap badge by the Royal Berkshire Regiment, the Duke of Edinburgh's Royal Regiment and the Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment.

When the French entered the war in 1778 a force including the 49th was sent to defend the West Indies. Seizing the island of St Lucia a few days before the French arrived, the British managed to defeat a French attack, earning the Regiment its first Battle Honour "St Lucia", although this was not officially sanctioned until 1909.

A 49th Light Infantary Ranker

1801 – 1812 General Sir Isaac Brock

In 1801 the 49th, under the command of Colonel Isaac Brock, sailed as part of Admiral Parker's fleet (whose second in command was Nelson) to engage the Danish fleet at Copenhagen. In commemoration of its services the Regiment received the Battle Honour 'Copenhagen', and its band was permitted to play Rule Britannia after the Regimental March.

From 1802 to 1814 the 49th served in Canada where it was engaged in frontier warfare with the Americans. One of its finest actions was at Queenstown in October 1812, but this involved the tragic loss of General Sir Isaac Brock.

He had previously commanded the Regiment with great distinction and in 1810 was appointed Commander in Chief in Upper Canada and later Governor of the province. His administration, both civil and military, and the able way in which he established friendly relations with Chief Tecumseh and his Indians meant that long before his death he was recognised as the saviour of Canada.

The place where he died and was later buried is today marked by an impressive monument. The Depot of the Royal Berkshire Regiment, which was created in Reading in 1881, was later named "Brock Barracks" in his memory.

1812 The Battle of Queenstown Heights, Canada

The American General Van Renselaar had assembled a force of 6,000men and on 13 October 1812 the invasion of Canada began. Crossing in boats at early dawn the Americans suceeded in gaining a foothold on Queenstown Heights, which was defended by 300 men of the 49th and York Militia with a few heavy guns. General Sir Isaac Brock was at Fort George when he heard the sound of firing and galloped of to Queenstown. He ordered reinforcements from Fort George but, without waiting for their arrival, placed himself at the head of the Light Company of the 49th and advanced to the attack. After one attack had been beaten off he led the second advance and again the Americans opened fire, and Brock conspicuous by his height and uniform, was struck in the right breast by a bullet and fell mortally wounded. He survived but a few minutes. Almost his last words were 'Push on the York Volunteers' alluding to a force of corps now arriving on the scene.

1813 The Battle of Chrysler Farm

On 11 November 1813, the British force, which included the 49th, defeated an American force four times its strength.This battle was the turning point of the American War of 1812-14, and made sure Canada remained Independent. Eye witness accounts recorded how the steady platoon volleys, coming in deafening crashes at regular intervals, contrasted with the ragged pop-popping of the American fire. It was the 49th’s last serious action on the war. The regiment was reduced to barely 100 men. Among the casualties was young Ensign Richmond, true to the grim tradition that the officer who bore the 49th Regimental Colour was always hit.

1815 Title "Princess Charlotte of Wales's Regiment"

The 49th Regiment returned to England from Canada in 1815 to be stationed at Weymouth. Here they discarded their battered campaign clothing and were issued with new scarlet coats, white breeches, black shakos and gaiters before taking over the duties of guarding those members of the Royal family in residence. So affected was the young Princess Charlotte by the sight of these pipe clayed and polished soldiers that she begged that the 49th might be 'her' Regiment. The request was approved and later that year the title "Princess Charlotte of Wales’s Regiment" was granted.

1840 The Wars in China

In 1840 the 49th was sent from India to take part in the "Opium War" with China, spending two years in China fighting in six major battles at Canton, Amoy, Chusan, Chinhae, Chapoo and the Heights of Chin Keang Foo. On 18 May 1842 the 49th took part in a joint atack with the 18th Regiment on Joss House, Chapu, which was defended by a large number of Tartars. The commander, Colonel Tomlinson was killed. Every man who attempted to enter the Joss House was killed or wounded. It was evetually entered and captured after the wall was blown in. The Regiment’s casualties this day were the heaviest of the campaign with two officers and eleven other ranks killed and six officers and forty-five men wounded. In consequence of the distinguished conduct and gallantry displayed by all ranks during the campaign the Regiment was awarded, as a badge, the dragon super-scribed "China". It was the China Dragon that later became the cap badge of the Royal Berkshire Regiment and formed the centre piece of the Regimental badge of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Royal Regiment and the buttons of the Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Regiment.

1854 - 1856 The Crimean War

The 49th Regiment was part of the 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division of the British Expeditionary Force, the Brigade being commanded by Lieutenant-Colonel W H Adams of the 49th. Landing on the west coast of the Crimea in September 1854 the 49th took part in the battles of The Alma, Inkerman and the siege of Sevastopol (all three later awarded as battle honours) enduring two harsh Crimean winters.

1860 The Final Years

After service in the West Indies, England, Ireland and India the Regiment was back in England in time for the reorganisation under the Cardwell Scheme which eventually led to its amalgamation with the 66th (Berkshire) Regiment of Foot in 1881.

So as you can see the regiment has quite a long, glorious history.
[close]

Companys
Spoiler
Companys

We currently have two companys- Line and Light.
Line company is for players who can hold their own in melee and are an average shot. (Unlimited Members)
Light Infantary is for players who are good shots and prefer not to engage in melee. (Limited Members)

How to join a company

When you join the regiment of will be in line company but once you are promoted to a private you can try out for light company.

In the future we hope to get a grenadier company and an arty company!
[close]

Rank Structure
Spoiler
Ranks

Officers

Colonel
Leiutenant Colonel
Major
Captain
Leiutenant
Ensign

NCO

Regimental Sarjeant Major
Company Sarjeant Major
Sarjeant
Corporal
Lance Corporal

Enlisted

Fussilier
Regular
Guard
Private
Recruit

Please not some of our ranks our not historicaly accurate and also that these ranks are for line comp but i will get light comp ranks up later on :).
[close]

Policys/Rules
Spoiler
Policys

.Have Fun!

.Do not Troll

.Respect all players and members!

.DO NOT MAKE THE REG LOOK BAD!

.We will give every one two chances if they troll, but if they troll a third time they will be kicked from the training, if it is more serious they will also not be allowed to attend the days line battles. We do understand if you had a bad day and you where really annoyed but if that is the case dont come into the server until you are ready to.
Also if you do troll it can damage your image and make it harder for you to get NCO or officer ranks!

.listen to your officers in trainings and line battles and follow orders.
[close]